[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question about HAIR: are you born with "pretty" hair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: 1456451018157.jpg (150 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456451018157.jpg
150 KB, 640x640
Question about HAIR:

are you born with "pretty" hair or is it a matter of taking good care of it?

Can you recover from the damage of bleaching and/or dyeing your hair?

pic related: slavic hair, my absolute favorite.
>>
I know there are obvious structural differences between, say, curly and straight hair, black and blonde hair and so on, but within each category, is there room for improvement?
>>
File: 1430251340266.jpg (391 KB, 960x1864) Image search: [Google]
1430251340266.jpg
391 KB, 960x1864
>>17082013
>Can you recover from the damage of bleaching and/or dyeing your hair?

reminds me of pic.
Also if you are too worried about damage of bleaching/ dyeing perhaps just shave your head, the new hair will be healthy.
>>
File: red.jpg (25 KB, 304x447) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
25 KB, 304x447
>>17082013
"Pretty" is subjective. What type of hair do you have, and what's wrong with it?
>>
>>17082033
I have to say that looking at my past relationships and even friends around me, that pic is 10000% accurate. Who's the genius behind it?
>>
>>17082013
>are you born with "pretty" hair or is it a matter of taking good care of it?
It's mostly a matter of care. Nobody is born with "pretty hair" in the adult sense; baby-hair is structured differently from adult hair.

>Can you recover from the damage of bleaching and/or dyeing your hair?
Hair that you've bleached or dyed will not recover, but given enough time, healthy hair will grow back. I recommend cutting it short to stimulate growth.

I'm a guy with long hair. Not to be immodest, but I have god-tier hair. The women I know threaten to scalp me on occasion: love me or hate me, they all want my hair. Here are my tips, some learned from women as I grew my hair out, but others I've found on my own:

1) Never get the same kind of shampoo and conditioner twice in a row. Residue builds up as you use the same type of shampoo, but a different type is usually enough to get rid of it. You can rotate between a small number of types if you like: I went between the different types of Pert Plus for years (lately my wife and I have been experimenting with the gazillion different types that ogx makes). No need to get fancy with daily schedules: just remember the last type you bought, and when the time comes to buy more shampoo, buy a different one.
2) Play with your hair often, or get someone else to. The oils in your skin are good for your hair.
3) NEVER comb or brush your hair when it's wet. Do it before you get in the water, not after.
4) Avoid blow-drying your hair. If you must, then avoid using heat.
>>
>>17082092
>NEVER comb or brush your hair when it's wet. Do it before you get in the water, not after.
Why's that?
>>
>>17082106
scalp oil helps keep the keratin flexible. post-shower clean hair is less protected even with conditioner
>>
>>17082106
>>17082120
It's not even so much a matter of protection as lubrication. When your hair is wet, brushes and combs will catch in it much more easily. This is annoying and can even be painful, but the big thing is that your hair will break before the brush will. Broken-off hair is harder to keep tidy (for example, by pulling it back).
>>
>>17082120
I've never heard that so I'm going to assume it's bullshit.
>>
>>17082156
>I've never heard that so I'm going to assume it's bullshit.

The thing about not combing when it is wet is written in almost every "guide for pretty hair" out there...
>>
File: 1456715763342.jpg (357 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
1456715763342.jpg
357 KB, 1365x2048
More pics of this hair
>>
>>17082013
>>17082293
any nudes of that hair ?
>>
>>17082296
Unfortunately not that I know of
>>
>>17082092
Cutting it short doesn't actually stimulate growth, but apart from that you're on the money.

Get girls talking about their hair and they'll admit how much time they put into making it look good. I've also noticed that more often than not girls with naturally straight hair tend to curl it, and girls with natural curls tend to straighten it. The exception are braids and pony tails which are often just brushed out before being put up.
>>
I'm a man with slightly curly hair that I've all but given up on. Past a certain length it's impossible to straighten without a bunch of stray hairs cropping up, even with gel. I tend to just comb it back when I get out of the shower and let it turn into something of a mock afro, but it's not very distinct and ends up looking like shit.

tl;dr What are some good curly looks for guys?
>>
File: 1461736434587.jpg (183 KB, 1366x1366) Image search: [Google]
1461736434587.jpg
183 KB, 1366x1366
Bumping with the last pic I have of that gorgeous hair.
>>
Don't get confused, her face is gorgeous. If her face were ugly you may not think her hair is so gorgeous. There are black girls with just a bit of fuzz on their head as hair, but if they have a gorgeous face you won't notice the bad quality hair on their head.
>>
>>17083109
>Don't get confused, her face is gorgeous.

I know that, but it doesn't mean her hair isn't as pretty as her face.

I see women like that in the street all the time, pics don't do justice to how this kind of hair flows and shines.
>>
>>17082013
That girl has crazy written all over her and her features. The eyes, that posture and definitely that flat looking hair is definitely a recipe for crazy. Run away if you see any woman with that style of hair, if you have doubts then wait it out if she changes her style.
>>
>>17082092
Ogx is the shit.
>>
>>17083129
I would take her craziness any time, any day.
>>
>>17082120
>>17082147
Dude with long hair here, i actually find it easier to comb my hair when it's still humid after showering, since the wetness makes it more versatile in my experience. Though i admit that i lose plenty of hair while doing so, still, so i'll try combing with dry hair for a week and see if anything changes.
>>
>>17083129
The fuck is wrong with you? She's as plain as they get
>>
I'm a girl and I have naturally curly hair. I just wash it in the mornings and comb it while it's wet since I can't brush it when it's dry.
It's pretty long but I have split ends since I have to brush it when wet, otherwise other people tend to think my hair is pretty
>>
>>17082033
This is wrong because they being judged by face, not hair. The girls on the bottom are ugly and the top are pretty.
>>
GF has ass long natural red blonde hair without split ends

just uses shampoo and lets them dry in the air and combs them afterwards i think

Question:
My hair is very full without beeing curly, do women really like the long haired stallion guys?
Would probably look similar to Brock O'Hurn's hair (minus coloring)
>>
>>17082033
I keep my hair natural but I am riddled with mental illness. although I do believe that there are tons of crazy girls with neon hair, I know a girl with BPD who can't keep the same color for a week.
>>
>>17083678
Regardless of that virtually anyone with crazy hair dye is safely avoided.
>>
File: thick-hair-problems-bed-head.jpg (221 KB, 420x560) Image search: [Google]
thick-hair-problems-bed-head.jpg
221 KB, 420x560
I think a lot of it has to do with structure and genetics. A lot of people are just born with natural, easy to care for hair. Beautiful, shiny shit, but it's usually fairly thin.

I have thick, wavy hair, mid-long length. No matter what I do to care for it, it's naturally always getting knotted and split ends. I just have fairly unruly hair. I've tried every treatment, conditioner, serum to make my hair look "good" but genetically my family just has thick, wavy hair.

My best thing to do is washing/conditioning my hair every other day, braiding it and letting it air dry/light blow dry. Usually it's shiny and wavy, but still frizzy and easily a mess.

pic basically my hair, but I'm white as fuck
>>
>>17082106
hi, femanon here :)
I have pretty long hair and I have to work ALOT with them. Like I use alot of oils, I DO not brush them so they wont get any damage, and I dont use any heat on them :)

if you want to colour ur hair naturally, just use honey and keep it warm, so the hair can absorb the colour.
After about 6 times its gonna look really healthy, shiny and much more light :)

Good luck <3
>>
File: 1431683592976.jpg (87 KB, 957x1300) Image search: [Google]
1431683592976.jpg
87 KB, 957x1300
>>17084845
>hi, femanon here :)
>>
>>17084853
whats wrong with that lol
fuck off
>>
>>17084863
Its the " :) "
>>
As long as i shower every once in a while

Also slavic
>>
>>17082013
I think there's definitely a "born with it" component. I'm a long haired guy and girls always tell me how jealous they are of my hair. After a wash and a comb it looks pretty much like this >>17083104 but with more split ends because I haven't had it cut in years. It glows golden in the sun too, which is nice.
It's the only thing I've got going for me though.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 669x840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 669x840
not everyone can have beautiful shiny hair naturally, but just about anyone can get their hard to look good if you use enough crap on it.

Professional stylists make a living off of finding out exactly what it takes to make someone's hair look good and then providing them with the tools and knowlege that they personally need.

Some stylists are literally magic. They can take a bleached to hell raggedy chopped up haircut and turn it into something that looks healthy and beautiful.

So, anyone CAN have good hair, but it comes a lot easier to some people.

My hair is long and kind of wavy. It looks healthiest when I run a straightener through it a couple of times but I don't have to do a lot to it. I shampoo+conditioner every day (bad for hair health), I brush my hair all the time (bad for hair health) and I never really use any leave in products or oils. I do take biotin pills and I've never dyed it tho.

Here's a pic of it from a few months ago. It's probably about 4 inches longer now
>>
I had the most beautiful black curly hair, down to my waist, but I bleached it to dye it different colors (I do like dying my hair, I find it really fun) I regret doing it so much. All of the curl is completely gone from my hair, it's just straight and shoulder-length now, even though I've enjoyed doing different color experiments, I want to get my natural hair back.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 600x902) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 600x902
Former hairdresser here.
Every hair can be god-tier in their own way. But some take a bit more work to look perfect. The main problems are if they are frizzy or too thin. You want to achieve luscious, healthy, thick, voluminous but slick hair with slight movement. Pic related

To achieve that there are a few steps you can take. Keeping yout natural haircolor is probably the most important one. It can work with colored hair, but that takes a lot of work and dedication. Most dyed hair is fuggly as hell. About 95% i'd say. Just let it be. The odds are against you. Then you need a PROPPER haircut. It's really no usr to skimP on the hairdresser with long hair. Then there are the basics. Use good products. Switch them up. Don't use heat and if you do, ALWAYS use heatprotection. Be GENTLE with your hair. Switch up how you style them, iow don't do the samr ponytail over and over again. It will break the hairs. Brush before washing. Start at the bottom and carefully detangle. Get a good brush. Watch out for sharp edges on the comb. It will tear up the hair. Always wash your hair standing up. Only shampoo the scalp. Do circular motions on the skin and try to not mess up your hair as good as possible. Then just knead the shampok trough the lengths at the end. rinse VERY well. Put conditioner on the lengths and ends. Avoid the scalp. Let sit whilst soaping up whatever. Rinse well again. Get a microfibre towel for hair to reduce pillings which can lead to knots. Put in products and GENTLY! (i mean FUCKING GENTLY! you should never hear a sound when detangling! )Brush our hair. Then let it airdry. And NOT touch it again if possible. It will look better that way. If you brush trough it again it will look fuzzy. Let it alone. Only combe once before bed. Massagr your scalp, but some oil into the ends and possibly do a LOOSE braid (secured with an elastic with NO metal...!) to sleep with. In the morning, use a moisturizing spray to freshen hair up. The next day, use dry shampoo
>>
>>17085084
Is it better to sleep with my hair in a loose braid or a loose bun?
Or can I do a braid and wrap it into a bun since it's long?
>>
>>17082033
The sad part is that i find this is true in practice :(
>>
>>17082013
Well tbqh it really depends. My hair is extremaly thin and weak, and no matter how much care and effort i put into making it stronger, i still lose hair at slightest pull. Because of that, it never seems fluffy either - more like it's always dirty and flat. No shampoos or conditioners ever helped me with that. So i guess it's not only matter of good care.
>>
>>17085113
It depends on how you fix it. If you wrap a hairband around your bun tightly and messy, it's better to sleep in a braid. Also, your hair looks less "wild" and has less awkward dents if you do a braid. Alternatively, you can do a sock bun. I did that for a while. I cut a sock in two, then i used the one piece that now formed a loop to make a loose and high ponytail. Then i gently wrapped the hair around and fixed it by puting the other piece of the sock over the bun to prevent friction. It's also a good idea to get silken pillow cases.
>>
>>17085125
That sounds more like a general health problem. Have you talked to a doctor about this? Loosing hair that much isn't healthy and normal at all...
>>
>>17082092
Male with long hair here. I don't blow dry my hair and I use heat protection spray when I straighten it, is that bad? I like having super straight hair
>>
>>17085364
You always need heatprotection when straightening your hair. Make sure to let the hair dry completely before straightening and give it days off.
>>
WTFFFFFF
May you just tell **specific** advs about having a **healthy hair** instead of this all damn shit ?
>>
File: 1438793586545.jpg (1 MB, 1920x3300) Image search: [Google]
1438793586545.jpg
1 MB, 1920x3300
>>17082013
Here is a tip from /fit/
>>
>>17082033
This picture is so putrid, and a real show of how much men complain... Coming from someone with boring plain brown hair.

PTSD is a real thing, a lot of women get abused and used, and you're literally judging a women on her hair color lololol... imagine the male counterparts now, come on. Stare-raping?

Man, males are so vile lmao. The feminists are right.
>>
>>17084931
Why is a pretty, seemingly normal and healthy girl like you doing on a misogynist, hate-filled, shit show of a site like this?
>>
>>17085455
that's what people here always say when they see each other :)
>>
I have hair like ops pic except it reaches a bit past my waist.
It used to be super frizzy/thin/dry and it fell out a LOT. I started using only shampoo/conditioner with no sulfates and now its pretty. I don't brush my hair, only use a "detangler comb" which is basically just a wide comb, start combing at the bottom ect. Thats all I do to it and i get lots of compliments
>>
>>17083678
>implying people with dyed hair look good at all
>>
>>17082293
do people really find this kind of hair pretty r do you just post it bc the girl is pretty? I have identical hair (straight, same colour, even same eye colour as this girl) and I always hated it, even though I don't do much with it out of laziness
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.