[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I went with this guy for drinks yesterday. It was my idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (464 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
464 KB, 1280x1280
So I went with this guy for drinks yesterday. It was my idea and it wasn't meant to be a date, but he was down with it. He wanted to pay for my drinks and food but I told him I'll pay for myself, we chatted a bit and had loads of laugh, it was a fun evening in general.

Now, we are kinda friends, so it's pretty normal that he texts every othet day or so. But after that evening he writes to almost all the time since yesterday and I was wondering if it means anything? He didn't try any moves on our meeting but now he's being extra clingy (not that I mind) and I just don't know if it means anything at all.

Maybe guys (and girls) from /adv/ could help me figure this out?
>>
>>17068105
did you explicitly tell him it was not meant as a date?
Otherwise i'd say he's into you and acting patient, but is definitely interested
>>
>>17068118
No, I didn't tell him that explicitly, but I think it was pretty clear since we didn't go anywhere fancy and I wasn't being seductive or something
>>
Sure it wasn't a date but you still met someone. It sounds like you might like him back as you don't mind the attention. I would say clear it up, you can't accept the attention positively but jerk him around if he wants to hang out again. Straighten out expectations now.
>>
>>17068139

>but I think it was pretty clear since we didn't go anywhere fancy and I wasn't being seductive or something

No, that wasn't clear at all. He thinks it was a date. 100%.

Its perfectly acceptable to continue on the way you are but if I were you I'd let him down as gently as you can now before you find yourself 2 or 3 months down the road completely crushing his heart because he thought the feelings were mutual.
>>
>>17068147
Well you got it kinda wrong. I want to hang out with him because I fancy him butI don't think he's into me which is why I didn't make it a date. I like to keep him as a mate rather than lose cause he's not into me
>>
>>17068173
I fancy him though, just don't know how he feels about me (I pretty much assumed before that he sees me just as a buddy)
>>
>>17068187
>>17068199

And here I was, thinking only men could manage to be this dense.

He wants to hide his mamba in your ravioli, female human!
>>
sounds like a date to me
>>
Bump for more opinions :((
>>
last bump
>>
>>17068105

Sounds like he likes you too OP. Ask him out or ask him what he thinks of you.

Not doing anything will lead to regrets
>>
>>17068409
I know he likes me, I just don't know if he fancies me and anyway I can'y ask him out cause I was the one to suggest friday hangout
>>
>>17068454
You're thinking about this too much. Don't torture yourself by being scared and never knowing what could be.
>>
>>17068105
He definitely is into you. Possibly generally, at least wants smush smush
>>
>>17068593
I know but it's hard and I'm scared to make a move

>>17068690
I wish it was so obvious to me too but I'm clueless and have to ask adv for love advice
>>
>>17068199
Then it was a date. Men don't have to take you somewhere fancy. Most of my first dates start getting coffee and if I like the girl we go from there.

Why is this an issue? If you want him and he thinks it was a date, roll with it.

On the next date, kiss him. Will remove all doubt.
>>
>>17068785
I don't know whether he thinks it was a date or not though. All I know is that he wanted to pay (my friend says guys do that on dates bit he wasn't like super insistent when I told him I'll cover my bill) and that he was really into talking with me after our meeting, much more than usually.

I don't know if these things indicate he's into me desu
>>
>>17068861

He 100% thought It was a date.
>>
>>17068861
>he wanted to pay
> he was really into talking with me after our meeting, much more than usually
He thought it was a date. Ask him to go to a movie with you and try to touch and kiss him.
>>
>>17068199
lol yeah a guy wants to be your buddy

lmfao
>>
>>17069016
Do the popcorn thing with your vagoo
>>
>>17069016
I think he suggested paying to be polite and also shouldn't he be the one to ask me out now??

>>17069082
It's not that weird, I know loads of people who are mates with opposite sex
>>
>>17068139

Yeah he probably wants you, as well. Go for it. Let nature take its course.
>>
>>17068105
One of the many differences between men and women is that men are absolutely unable to read hints. All the things you say you did to signal that it wasn't a real date would completely bypass him - all he saw was that you asked him out and he had a good time.

To communicate with a man you have to say things out loud in simple declarative sentences, preferably of small words. "This is not a date. We are just pals hanging out.. I do not want a romance."

We are awfully good at fixing things. We just are not equipped to receive and decode hints.
>>
>>17069911
Eh I wouldn't really mind if he thought it was a date because I crush on him, I just didn't want to scare him away or make him feel awkward because I feel like I'm not his type and he sees me purely as a mate

People who say I should ask him out again, wouldn't it be clingy or weird?
>>
>>17068105
you sure he knew it wasn't meant to be a date? cause to me it sounds like it was one
>>
File: 1456857526063.jpg (571 KB, 909x1202) Image search: [Google]
1456857526063.jpg
571 KB, 909x1202
>>17068105

Do
you
want
his
D
?????
>>
>>17070299
Maybe not the D as such but yea, I crush on that guy
>>
>>17070421
Are you not reading this thread?

You've been told he'd be happy yo think of it as a date. He's been messaging you lots since, so he's into you. Why are you talking yourself out of it if you could happily crush on him?
>>
>>17070446
I don't know honestly... I just find it hard to believe he could see me as someone more than a buddy and I feel like anyway he won't ask me out and I won't suggest a meeting because it would be a bit clingy. I don't know what to do
>>
>>17070498
You're hopeless.... Drop the hint you liked being out with him. If he asks if you'd like to again, simply say 'sure, when?'
>>
>>17070512
I know I'm hopeless, I ended a really long relationship a few months ago, I haven't been flirting with anybody for 3 years and I was terrible to begin with...
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.