[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop hating women? I don't mean individuals but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 2
File: 1451233229834.jpg (105 KB, 936x536) Image search: [Google]
1451233229834.jpg
105 KB, 936x536
How do I stop hating women? I don't mean individuals but as a group I just can't stand them. The massive hypocrisy of modern society painting them as victims and men as oppressors is incredibly off-putting and it's one of the reasons I won't consider getting into a relationship.
>>
>>17064079
>The massive hypocrisy of modern society painting them as victims and men as oppressors is incredibly off-putting
So some people said some dumb shit, and it affected you so much you hate women now? Stop taking political tripe so seriously.

And start to put more faith in individuals rather than groups. You won't be disappointed as often, and you'll be able to interact with people more naturally.
I've always been an ardent individualist and i have a hard time even thinking of women (or men, or blacks, or gays, etc) as a collective group.
Everyone is their own person, and should be approached and dealt with as a specific case.
>>
>>17064112
an individual is still more likely than yourself to hold the traits of that group. I was talking to a female friend of mine a while back and we're having a good conversation then out of nowhere she starts talking about the gender wage gap and unironically saying I have it good as a straight white male. At the time I was unemployed and struggling to find work while she'd just started her cushy new high-paying job. What the fuck? This sort of shit is common
>>
I used to have a sort of egalitarian attitude towards women, but as I actually met more and more I sort of ended up dubious. Most seem like just kind of unpleasant people. Not bad or anything, but not someone I could stand to be around to long. They always seem to be holding grudges or shit talking other women behind their backs and generally being petty, all while acting all smiles and sunshine. And I'm like, how can I ever trust a person like this? I've met exactly one woman who didn't give me this impression, and she was *still* putting up a false front (that she was happy), she was just really bad at it, so I noticed.

In fairness, men are bad with about the same frequency. The way my coworkers sometimes discuss women freaks me out a bit. But I'm not romantically interested in men, so their behaviour doesn't concern me so much.
>>
>>17064079
>How do I stop hating women? I don't mean individuals but as a group I just can't stand them. The massive hypocrisy of modern society painting them as victims and men as oppressors is incredibly off-putting and it's one of the reasons I won't consider getting into a relationship.

Most women aren't man-hating feminists, don't be such a fucking moron.

Most women want to be with men, most men want to be with women.

Nothing has changed.
>>
>>17064489
As I gain more experience of human interaction it's starting to seem more like most women want to use men, and most men want to use women. The people of both genders wiling to regard potential partners with even the slightest shred of human dignity seem borderline nonexistant.
>>
>>17064489
>Nothing has changed.
How can you say that with a straight face.
>>
>>17064511
>As I gain more experience of human interaction it's starting to seem more like most women want to use men, and most men want to use women. The people of both genders wiling to regard potential partners with even the slightest shred of human dignity seem borderline nonexistant.

No, that's not the case. A good % of people are insecure and have fear, so that they want to use the other person before the other person uses them.

But this is not most people. Maybe like 20-30% of women, 15-20% of men.
>>
>>17064518
>How can you say that with a straight face

Because biologically we're the same as 100,000 years ago.
>>
>>17064527
But culturally things are different, and nurture and nature are both factors.
>>
>>17064535
>But culturally things are different, and nurture and nature are both factors.

To some extent, but at the core of humanity: men desire women, and women desire men; and both want love and intimacy.

This drives us all the time.

You think women are functionally different than 3000 years ago? They are not.
>>
>>17064525
This is a nice notion, but it's also based on guesswork and wishful thinking. It seems to me that insecure people (i.e. all people) either have high self esteem and act as you describe, or low self esteem and don't care about using someone 9deliberately) so much as latching onto them so they're not alone (using them subconsciously).
>>
>>17064540
You are underestimating the effect culture can have on people. It underlines ones entire outlook, and while it may not be able to remove core behaviour it can certainly modify its properties and dynamics.

That being said, I think that by and large women have always wanted to use men (and done so by manipulating their desires and/or feelings), and that it's not a new phenomenon.

This isn't a condemnation of females BTW, male negative traits (i.e. treating women as sex objects) are just as old.
>>
>>17064544
>This is a nice notion, but it's also based on guesswork and wishful thinking. It seems to me that insecure people (i.e. all people) either have high self esteem and act as you describe, or low self esteem and don't care about using someone 9deliberately) so much as latching onto them so they're not alone (using them subconsciously).

It's not guesswork; it's being around a shitload of people and living for an extended period of time.

Overwhelming majority of people have some amount of insecurity; but a good number of people are accommodating and don't actively try and manipulate/"use" the other person. Most women are not coldly manipulative, they just aren't. If you think this you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>17064561
>That being said, I think that by and large women have always wanted to use men (and done so by manipulating their desires and/or feelings), and that it's not a new phenomenon.
>This isn't a condemnation of females BTW, male negative traits (i.e. treating women as sex objects) are just as old.

Well. women do have better communication / manipulative skills, and have used that to their advantage forever; just like men have used their physical strength to their advantage.

That said, women haven't changed at all, the culture is completely irrelevant. You have had manipulative insecure people in the exact same % for millennia.

Are women making different decisions because they have more power than in times past? Yes.

But their core personalities are no different.
>>
>>17064579
>
It's not guesswork; it's being around a shitload of people and living for an extended period of time.
I'll take your word for it, you've working with a bigger sample size.

>Most women are not coldly manipulative, they just aren't
That wasn't really what I meant. I was meaning more when they don't even realise they're doing it.

There was an interesting thread a while ago where it emerged that there was an overwhelmingly common occurrence of a married man being pressured by his spouse into disposing of the articles of his hobby ("The wife says it goes or she goes"). The interesting part was that it didn't see to matter what the hobby was, all sorts of things were condemned. It started to look more and more disturbing the longer I looked at it. Were they trying to monopolise their spouses? Keep him under their thumbs? Were they flexing their influence just to see how much they had? And I don't believe for a second that this is them being devious and dastardly. I don't think they'd even realise what they were doing. And that's what makes it seem so insidious.
>>
>>17064592
>they have more power than in times past?
I think it needs to be observed that in times past women wielded a lot more power than is immediately apparent due to their afformentioned manipulative skills. That saying about great men having a woman behind them? Built on solid ground. Powerful men in history have long been influenced heavily in their actions by the important women in their lives. Nowadays, women wield additional power because they are now allowed hold the same positions as men in addition to this.

I'm not suggesting that this is a disparity that needs to be rectified or anything, I just think it's a point worth noting.
>>
>>17064607
>There was an interesting thread a while ago where it emerged that there was an overwhelmingly common occurrence of a married man being pressured by his spouse into disposing of the articles of his hobby ("The wife says it goes or she goes").

That happens some of the time. Some of the time the wife says nothing about it, she's just unhappy. Some of the time the wife says something about it and the husband does nothing.

Point is, you have this primitive definition of women that they are all genius-level manipulators who always get their way. They don't.

Relationships run the gamut; men and women run the gamut. Are women in general better manipulators? Yes, they are better communicators, can read emotions better, better memory about emotional issues, and can access emotions better.

Women aren't "insidious"; some of them are, but they run the gamut. There are some really sweet, kind women out there. You wouldn't think so hanging out in 4chan, but there are.

But all in all, it balances out; women don't get their way any more than men do.
>>
>stop taking /r9k/ and /pol/ seriously, or better yet stop browsing them in general
>meet more people, because this increases your odds of meeting more good people
>when you meet bad people don't use it as proof to reinforce the bias you already hold

I did this and it worked for me, now the majority of my friends are women.
>>
>>17064616
>I think it needs to be observed that in times past women wielded a lot more power than is immediately apparent due to their afformentioned manipulative skills. That saying about great men having a woman behind them? Built on solid ground. Powerful men in history have long been influenced heavily in their actions by the important women in their lives. Nowadays, women wield additional power because they are now allowed hold the same positions as men in addition to this.

I think this is a great point. A LOT of leaders got that way because they were pushed by their wives/mothers. Even when not having any de jure power, women throughout history have wielded de facto power.

But the men got the accolades and the power, along with the woman.

There are men married to powerful women as well today, it goes both ways.
>>
>>17064623
Sounds like you might've turned into a nu-male actually
>>
>>17064079
Oh look, it's this thread again.

Try to look at it from a rational, evolutionary stand: Women are generally more social and cunning because they needed to learn how to survive as the weaker part in a big group of humans. Men are generally more goal-oriented and competetive because they needed to be the guy who gets the most shit done/bashes the most heads in. No wonder we solve our problems differently today. Men tackle them head-on, women manipulate their surroundings.

Now none of these two ways of doing shit is better othan the other. It is how it is, we are two machines with slightly different Software, and there's roughly the same amount of us. So we should really fucking accept that these differences we can do nothing about, and not look down on eachother.
We are different, but we are a duality. Men and Women make good teams. A man needs the caring touch of a woman, and a place where he can be vunerable without being weak, a loved thing to protect. And a woman needs a man she can care for, be proud of, a protector she can walk next to.
We both generally enjoy doing these primitive things. We play the flirting game. A woman will say something stupid like "Ooh, help me pls!" And men will join the game by helping her and feeling like the big man about it. She scores because he gets her shit done and feeling wanted, and he scores by feeling like a big man and also impressing her (aka, chance for sex) It's win-win. It's stupid, but that's how we do it, all of us. Its human.

I guess you're comfortable hating women. It takes weight off your shoulders - the longing for romatic love, sex, affection, a woman's touch, your own family/children... you have an excuse to tell yourself you don't want all these things. Also you can feel superior, and that's always tempting. But in the end you're still handicapping yourself emotionally - and socially.
You're missing out on some valuable friends.
>>
>>17064617
I keep trying to tell you! I don't think women are genius manipulators! I think they do it by fucking accident! I think they're driven by their genes to maintain a hold on their partner every bit as much as men seem driven to sleep around.

THAT is what's insidious. That people are controlled by forces they don't even realise and those forces are driving them to be shitty to each other for reasons that are long obsolete.
>>
>>17064651
Maybe you should just accept that women are wired this way. They manipulate. Not to do harm or out of spite, but because evolution shaped them this way. Which makes sense, because they are weak as shit.
There's no reason to hate a horse for running away, right? Or hate a wolf for biting you? One animal is no coward and the other one is no asshole - this is just the way they react to shit going down.
You can't compare it to eachother, or to yourself.

So just shrug it off and smile about it. Enjoy all the good things women bring - nice smells, soothing voices, mothers, hugs, cuteness, amazing songs, boobs, non-threathening athmospheres, nice interior design or whatever. All these things are worth the "trouble" if you will.
>>
>>17064079
>The massive hypocrisy of modern society painting them as victims and men as oppressors is incredibly off-putting
Nobody really addressed that point.
>>
>>17064644
> A woman will say something stupid like "Ooh, help me pls!" And men will join the game by helping her and feeling like the big man about it. She scores because he gets her shit done and feeling wanted, and he scores by feeling like a big man and also impressing her (aka, chance for sex)

Fuck. FUCK. This has got to be the most depressing thing I've read all month. Why even pursue a relationship if this is all that it entails? Pressing the button on a Skinner Box for cheap gratification in exchange for allowing yourself to be used.

Fuck relationships.
Fuck women.
Fuck men.
Fuck everything.
Fuck.
>>
>>17064644

This is a really really great post. You guys should all pay attention to it.
>>
>>17064697
>Maybe you should just accept that women are wired this way
>There's no reason to hate a wolf for biting you, right?
>Enjoy all the good things women bring - nice smells, soothing voices, mothers, hugs, cuteness, amazing songs, boobs, non-threathening athmospheres, nice interior design or whatever

Really not selling me on this. Maybe I'm just being naieve, but I had this vision of a relationship including things like higher brain functions.

Fuck, I thought I was put off of relationships before but you've really done a number on me. Goddamn man. Why so rough?
>>
>>17064721
>This is a really really great post.
Not really
>>
>>17064079
>incredibly off-putting and it's one of the reasons I won't consider getting into a relationship.

It looks like you're using your hatred of women as a tool to hide your own short comings.
It sounds like you're subconsciously afraid of rejection or unsure of whether or not you have what it takes to be a good boyfriend, and so you are hiding behind a hatred so that you have an excuse for not facing your fears.

That being said, I myself am a women and even I can barely stand other women. Many of the female friends I've had so far have been deceitful, selfish, and unempathetic. I don't hate women because of it though. I've had plenty of male friends who have been equally as disloyal- it seems to be a "type of person" issue rather than a gender issue. If you can learn to spot that type of person early on, you can avoid pursuing a friendship with them.

But at any rate- really try to take a good look at yourself. A lot of hatred is rooted in self-counciousness, so by addressing your own personal issues, you can ease the hatred that you feel towards others.

Good luck op.
>>
>>17064726
>>Enjoy all the good things women bring - nice smells, soothing voices, mothers, hugs, cuteness, amazing songs, boobs, non-threathening athmospheres, nice interior design or whatever
>Really not selling me on this. Maybe I'm just being naieve, but I had this vision of a relationship including things like higher brain functions.

You're right, it SHOULD involve higher brain functions. Don't you want a woman who can "get" you, laugh with you, relate to her and her to you?

Yeah boobs are great; nice smells are great; but in the end, having a woman that you can TALK TO is going to make all the difference, long-term.

Think about it; you want a woman you can't talk to with huge boobs on a desert island; or one with regular boobs that you can talk to endlessly.

Big boobs get tiring in about a month.
>>
>>17064727

What do you disagree with?
>>
>>17064079
I, as a women, sometimes hate men as a group too. But it stops when I think about the good men in my life, such as my family and my close male friends. So try to think of that. And if you don't have that, I agree you need to go out and meet people. I'm sure you will be able to do it eventually, but good luck, in any case.
>>
>>17064742
It didn't discuss the OP beyond the most broad "hate women" part.
>>
You could not hate women by talking to a woman. Or you could live in a world of polarized philosophical justification for pointed verbal aggression. If you think of women as people who are going through life with the same shit and problems and emotions it might be easier to empathize and actually appreciate them. If you think of women as an amorphous blob of sinister intention through acts of exploitation and reverse oppression, you can hate them all you want.

I think when you acknowledge the value of the individual, you can recognize the group as just a bunch of individuals, some of which are loud and shitty, who are just trying to get by like you. Just talk to people and stop projecting images of the popular strawman woman as indicative of the whole
>>
>>17064735
> Don't you want a woman who can "get" you, laugh with you, relate to her and her to you?
Every one wants that anon. But people want all kinds of fantasies. That's why they're nice. But you don't take fantasies home to meet your parents (unless you're a shameless Hikikomori).
>>
>>17064638
Nice meme.

Not seeing things in terms of black and white is another step, thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>17064761
>Every one wants that anon. But people want all kinds of fantasies. That's why they're nice. But you don't take fantasies home to meet your parents (unless you're a shameless Hikikomori).

Are you saying that no women exist on the planet that are nice, can share your sense of humor and relate to you? Because if so, you're fucking stupid.
>>
>>17064758
What about when the women you've met have, as individuals proven to be- hang on:
>>17064731
> deceitful, selfish, and unempathetic
Yeah, this. What then? It may not be a woman thing, it seems almost all people are all of these things, including oneself. Are you supposed to just take it on faith that this one person you're talking too isn't one of the overwhelming majority?
>>
>>17064079
While I disagree with your ideas about gender equality, I gotta say most ppl out there don't. Including many women. That's why people are always bitching about it on the internet, otherwise they'd move on because it's played out. With this in mind, go out to the world young buck, preferably in a smallish town, possibly in the south, and find yourself a woman who mostly agrees with you. I would say don't talk about it outright, but I think you'll be able to parse someone's ideas about gender equality out in the way they interact with you/talk about other women/men.
>>
>>17064766
They exist. They also spend all their time at home staring at a computer screen and avoiding human interaction outside of anonymous image boards. These women exist. But you'll never meet them.
>>
>>17064772
same anon, just want to add I have very feministy friends who are with pretty sexist dudes. Their relationship doesn't suffer much because they respect each other as individuals. He's not the type of sexist that tries to keep tabs on his girl or thinks she should wear make up all the time or whatever. It's just when they get into politics his ideas about women in general come out. They don't seem to apply to her though. I'm thinking you might be the same, so if you just interact with individual grls without thinking about the politics that may help you.
>>
>>17064772
>I gotta say most ppl out there don't. Including many women
Then why are women's issues are talked about exclusively? People bitch about it on the internet because it's the only place they can do so. Try talking about how the wage gap is mostly myth and see how far you go with others.
>>
>>17064775
>They exist. They also spend all their time at home staring at a computer screen and avoiding human interaction outside of anonymous image boards. These women exist. But you'll never meet them.

I'm currently dating one, you fucking moron. So, no, you're wrong.
>>
>>17064794
People who are active on the internet are a certain type of person.Go up to any basic bitch wearing uggs at Wyoming State and she's not gonna know what the hell intersectional feminism means. If people can't talk about the wage gap IRL why do you think that is? It's because it's controversial to a lot of ppl, and a lot of people disagree with them so they turn to the safe womb of the internet.
>>
>>17064801
Good for you, I'm happy for you. But we're different people.

I am unusual. I'm not unique and I'm certainly not special, but the undeniable fact is that people anywhere near my wavelength are extremely uncommon. I've met exactly one, a male. And it's mostly men that are this way. Even if I know that sheer law of averages dictate there must be females that are like this I cannot even begin to conceive of what one would be like. Or that they would have any interest me. Or, frankly, that I would have any interest in them. I haven't been attracted to a girl since I was a teenager and I can't imagine anyone being so great they change that now.

I think we've diverged anyway. You feel that jumping though the hoops a relationship entails is worth what you get from it, I remain doubtful (for that matter I've never seen a relationship that filled me with anything other than misgivings).
>>
>>17064845
>I am unusual. I'm not unique and I'm certainly not special, but the undeniable fact is that people anywhere near my wavelength are extremely uncommon. I've met exactly one, a male. And it's mostly men that are this way. Even if I know that sheer law of averages dictate there must be females that are like this I cannot even begin to conceive of what one would be like. Or that they would have any interest me. Or, frankly, that I would have any interest in them. I haven't been attracted to a girl since I was a teenager and I can't imagine anyone being so great they change that now.

Dating is a numbers game. How many people have you actually met that would even have a chance of relating to you? It's probably not that many. The more people you meet, the law of averages dictate that you'll meet someone that you can relate to.

Maybe it's a man, btw.

>I think we've diverged anyway. You feel that jumping though the hoops a relationship entails is worth what you get from it, I remain doubtful (for that matter I've never seen a relationship that filled me with anything other than misgivings).

That's the thing, there aren't any hoops. It's just great and effortless, every day. Sounds too good to be true, but that's what it is.
>>
>>17064845
Have you ever met a human? Every interaction is a give and take. No one is "perfect" for you. You just have to hope to find someone you like well enough that whatever vies they have that don't align with yours don't even bother you that much. On top of that, they have to want to deal with your issues too. It's hard out here but it's possible. Don't give up anything important to you, and with the right person you won't have to. But you will change in general. And you'll like it.
>>
>>17064770
> deceitful, selfish, and unempathetic
>Yeah, this. What then? It may not be a woman thing, it seems almost all people are all of these things, including oneself. Are you supposed to just take it on faith that this one person you're talking too isn't one of the overwhelming majority?

I don't know how. I recently found out that my very best friend had been trying to lie to and manipulate my friend group to make me look bad because she was jealous that they "like me more than they like her" (literally something she fabricated).

It stems from insecurity. If you find people who are actually happy and secure with who they are (not hiding their insecurity with faux happiness or confidence) then they are a lot less likely to be able to delude themselves into finding justification for their sub-par friendship.

I've had this problem too- I really devote myself to my friends. And I do my best to always be honest and considerate and appreciative. I don't expect that level back from my friends, but I do expect them to treat me with basic respect and kindness.
I've found that you have to take your time with people. Don't expect anything back from them. If you're nice and loving to another person, do it because it's the right thing to do, not because you expect that back from them.
>>
>>17064866
I didn't say anything about perfect. Frankly, "on the same wavelength as me" is already so much of a long shot that I doubt I'd be picky. "Interested in me", "Interesting TO me" and "Has patience to deal with my dumb bullshit" just compound the odds to farcical levels. And this isn't 'perfect', correct me if I'm wrong, but these are pretty basic cornerstones of a relationship.
>>
>>17064826
>and a lot of people disagree with them so they turn to the safe womb of the internet.
Well that's exactly the point I was trying to make. Most people disagree with anything that disrupts the women = victim, men = oppressor narrative. I'm not some politician or millionaire or otherwise alpha male, I'm just a timid guy who wants to live his life without hearing about how he's a terrible person everywhere. I don't treat anyone badly.
>>
>>17064871
You know something interesting? The one woman I've met that I actually liked was still hiding behind fake happiness. It's just that she was so bad at faking it that I could see right through her, so addressing her actual feelings was easy. They were heavy and way out of my depth, but far, far superior to facetious bullshit. I think one reason I liked her because I knew she was too bad at lying to ever be deceitful.
>>
>>17064079
By going outside. I know women. I have them as friends
Trust me. I've never met these women or men you're talking about. They exist but they're too rare to even consider.

Go the fuck outside faggot
>>
>>17064893
>I've never met these women or men you're talking about.
What men and women would that be?
>>
>>17064915
Ones with negative qualities. He would appear to reside in a world where nobody is ever an asshole for any reason.
>>
>>17064794
>Try talking about how the wage gap is mostly myth and see how far you go
This.
Take a decent, neutral cornerstone of good family entertainment (relatively): Jimmy Kimmel. He just did a segment asking children what they thought of the wage gap. And what happens when it goes on Youtube? Comments are fucking disabled. It's twisted shit OP, but women are generally favored against argument and reason. This is not something you can change about people.
>>
>>17064889
That's good.
So many people I know have that false front- I don't really understand it because I don't act that way.
>>
>>17064079
Start my getting off 4chan
>>
>>17064474
people are shit. this world is shit

i think we're done here
>>
File: 1451857373794.jpg (21 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
1451857373794.jpg
21 KB, 400x394
>>17064883
are you me?
>>
You are aware these SJW feminist whackos are like 1% of the population right?
>>
>>17065141
A 1% of the population that influences politics while the majority of those remaining let it happen
>>
>>17065167
Yes, you are correct. However, most women don't have that mentality, in the same way most men aren't MGTOW
>>
>>17065167
the 1% you speak of are the loud obnoxious bulldike feminists. the real number of "closet" feminists is around 95% of females and 55% of males

god fuckin dammit
>>
The fact you hate women disgusts me. These women are sisters, mothers, soul mates, children and Heros. Feminism is what you should hate.
>>
>>17065183
Stupid statistics. I don't know any female who's a feminist.
>>
>>17065222
I have no sisters, my mother is awful, I've never had a gf, I will probably never have children, and that heroes stuff is just bullshit.
>>
>>17065183
Most people who identify as feminists don't believe in radical feminism.
I identify as a feminist because I believe that men and women should both be treated with fair opportunity.

I don't believe in abortions though, and I realize that there are biological components that have an effect on the way that women are treated.

I also think it's extremely unfair that most of the feminist programs aim at helping women. Men need just as much help, there's an obscene amount of male prison rape and most men are raised and taught to ignore their emotions to appear "tough".

Women are not the only ones hurt by restrictive gender roles
>>
>>17065249
That's not what femminism is dumbass.
>>
>>17065234
I wasn't talking about your petty little family or love life. I was talking about the rest of the world you selfish prick.
>>
>>17065249
Then you're an egalitarian (which is awesome), not a feminist.
>>
>>17064079
Get off the fucking internet and talk to a few. Who cares what you see in media? You think every guy strolls around like Indiana Jones or Brad Pitt? You think everyone that cooks is Martha Stewart?

People are just people. Some suck and some are good. But sitting on the internet listening to pissed off men bitch about it will not give you an accurate picture.
>>
>>17065266
Yeah but it's simple: If I don't have women close to me that I like what reason should I have to like women who are even more distant to me? Some woman halfway across the world is a mother? That's nice.
>>
>>17065274
can you pin point exactly where in the thread you got triggered like a little bitch? was it here?>>17065222

>checked
>>
>>17065265
>>17065271
Most of the people I know who identify as "quiet feminists" must actually be "egalitarian" then. As someone who is interested in math and science, I don't really know or care too much about social issues, so to me it seems like I've always been presented with two polar viewpoints: feminists and misogonists.
Although I don't agree with radical feminism, I identify with those views a lot more than I identify with radical misogonist views

Exceptional people should not be held back because of their gender or race.
But that does not mean that you should uplift people who arnt exceptional just because they're a certain race or gender.
^ that's what the vast majority of the "feminists" I know believe. Of course, we don't go around calling ourselves feminists- we're quiet about it. But if asked, I will tell people that I'm a feminist. To say that you're NOT a feminist would imply that you DONT believe in gender equality of opportunity to most people.
>>
>>17065480
Also, I have another question about egalitarianism.

I believe in equal opportunity, but not equal outcome.
I think that everyone should have the chance to be successful and prove themselves, but ultimately some people will perform better in certain areas than others.

For example, a man and a woman should have the same access to become soldiers. The standard should be the same for both, so the woman MAY face more difficulty overcoming the obstacles because of biological differences. However, she may not. In the same way that there are physically strong men and physically weak men, there are strong women and weak women. If a strong women is able to meet the standard, she should not be held back because of her gender.

But the standard should not be lowered to accomidate the biological differences that may make being a soldier harder for a woman.
>>
>>17064886
No no, I'm saying the opposite-- in a lot of places, people don't believe in systemic sexism. Generally if one starts talking about how the system puts women down, they're gonna get a lot of people like you telling them off. This happens in big cities, but more often in smaller towns I'd say, depending on where you are.
>>
>>17065480
>>17065507
Sounds like someone who just goes with the status-quo and at best feels disapproving about some things but never rocks the boat.
>>
>>17065517
Of course not.
As I said, I don't care about social issues.
I'm a Hispanic woman. I've been discriminated against but when people use race and gender as an excuse for their failings, they're only preventing themselves from looking at what they could have done better/improving as a person.

Plus, I think people are entitled to their own opinions. What do I care what other people think?
As long as it doesn't violate the rights of someone else, I don't care what they think.

The only issue I'll speak up against is abortion, and it's because I believe those fetuses are seperate humans with basic rights which are being violated because of a selfish mother who doesn't want to deal with the consequences of the poor choices she's made
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.