[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BF won't take me seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: 1393971846349.gif (2 MB, 329x319) Image search: [Google]
1393971846349.gif
2 MB, 329x319
So, my bf never ever takes anything seriously. He is always just laughing at everything, which I liked at first but now it just annoys me.
Yesterday I was at his place, and we had pizza and a movie. His phone kept getting messages, so I asked to see them. I know he is not the type that would cheat on me, but I do get jealous. He asked "Why? are you getting jealous?", and said "Oh, don't worry, it's not a girl. It's my buddy Mike... Who I'm fucking, by the way." Then I just got pissed off, because of what I said, he never takes anything seriously. We started arguing (actually I was arguing) and getting mad, I ended up asking him "So, you don't love me? Are you cheating on me? Just tell me the truth." He said,and I quote "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!" and slammed his hands on the table. At that point I just left, hoping he would stop me and say he was sorry. He was still laughing his ass off as I left. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>17063441
You sound like a bitch. Honestly.
>>
>>17063441
If he doesn't give a shit about your feelings then you shouldn't be together. You're too needy/insecure and he's too much of a manchild prick to consider your feelings.
>>
i wouldnt be in this kind of a relationship. Not that i would be hurt about that or anything, but just blah, get a more mature and classy companion
>>
File: 1441105491293.jpg (121 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1441105491293.jpg
121 KB, 500x375
>>17063441
oh come, get over yourself.
Shit was hilarious, you need to stop taking everything so seriously.

Life is all just a tragedy, add time and it's pure comedy gold. If you saw that, you'd be laughing too
>>
>>17063441
why is this gif so scary
>>
You aren't the only person in his life

If he isn't the kind of person who is going to devote 100% of his attention to you at all times, you either need to get used to that or go and be alone forever.
>>
>>17063447
or you stop being such a cunt

>>17063446
> fuck her feelings, who the fuck cares
>>
>>17063446
How is he a manchild for having a sense of humor? Jesus Christ. That shit was hilarious.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtpOtFIEkbs
>>
>"Oh, don't worry, it's not a girl. It's my buddy Mike... Who I'm fucking, by the way.
>"So, you don't love me? Are you cheating on me? Just tell me the truth."

Your bf sounds like the kinda guy I'd hang out with.

You on the other hand sounds like someone I wouldn't invite to said hanging because you're acting like a bitch and can't take a joke.

>At that point I just left, hoping he would stop me and say he was sorry.
Stop hoping someone will do something you want them to do
>>
Yeah nah, your bf sounds like a prick. That shit would annoy me too. He doesn't take this entire relationship seriously, there's a time and place to mess around, but he's messing with your feelings and that's not right
>>
>>17063476
> oh no the feeeeels
>>
>>17063484
Lol
>>
>>17063441
No one wants to take your insecurity seriously. Seriously.
>>
>>17063441
You're overreacting
He has a sense of humor that you can't tolerate
Nothing is going on
You're insecure

If the roles were switched, people would shit on the guy for wanting to know what's going on in his girls phone. Grow the fuck up
>>
>>17063465
This one is shorter!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FnO3igOkOk
>>
dump him as soon as possible and find a guy that takes you seriously and is mature enough to handle a relationship
>>
>>17063476
do you want to know why he replied like this?

Because OP is a fucking cunt that's constantly petering him with her stupid fucking insecurities. The dumb bitch is mad that he isn't cheating on her, that he is spending time with her, and took the high road not to argue with her and call her the dumb bitch that she is.

Jesus fucking christ. I hope he dumps your ass OP you sound like a massive cunt.
>>
File: thetypicalmalesjwontheinte.jpg (64 KB, 618x490) Image search: [Google]
thetypicalmalesjwontheinte.jpg
64 KB, 618x490
>>17063500
>>
So? Learn to take yourself less seriously. We're all decaying bags of flesh standing on a tiny rock in an infinitely large void. He's having a good time with his meaningless life. Can you say the same?
>>
>>17063446
>>17063447
>>17063476
>>17063500

You all sound like insufferable cunts. If you can't laugh at life, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>17063441
You know OP I had a dumb girl that always was asking to see my phone and to see my facebook messages and was constantly jealous of every girl that walked by me. Said I loved her 100 times a day, constantly showered her with love and affection. Never even talked to a another girl the entire time I was with her.

Eventually her shit started to get on my nerves.After getting chewed out for the millionth time because I "picked the register with the cutest girl" I just said "Fuck you, fuck your stupid fucking face I'm done." And just drove home and left her there.

Don't be a cunt because eventually he will treat you the same way you treat him.
>>
>>17063511
I can laugh just fine, but OP's BF clearly has no interest in accommodating or working with her insecurities (by either addressing them and helping her work through them or just keeping them in mind with his behavior), which, hey, good for him. He doesn't need to deal with that shit. But if it isn't actually addressed the relationship is going to grow more toxic.

Frankly if OP is too insecure and paranoid and her BF has no fucks to give about her feelings and derives amusement from fucking with her like that, they'd be better off separate.
>>
>>17063530
Ah, that makes more sense. I can agree with that. But honestly, didn't you laugh at the "you can't handle the truth" part? That shit was hilarious.

And to be honest, an insecure girl (or guy) is a turn off for everyone.
>>
No one can say that OPs bf is not invested in her just by the little,anecdotal evidence she posted.

On the other hand, by,what she wrote, we can tell shes a massive stupic cunt. Like seriously, anyone that says "break up with him" is fucking stupid. For all we know, OP could exaggerating the fuck out of the overall situation because she feels insecure.

For that matter, if she truly feels,like shes not,getting what she wants out of the relationship, she should just get up an leave.

OP you sound like a dumb cunt and this will probly translate into future relationships
>>
>>17063538
I didn't but that's more because I don't switch gears that well when it comes to serious vs humor. I'm either a clown myself or have the sense of humor of a cinder-block.

But yeah, insecurity is never attractive.

tl;dr Grow some thicker skin and trust your BF, OP, or stop wasting both of your time.
>>
>>17063446
>manchild
nice meme word
>>
>>17063446
Thread\
>>
your bf is the person I always aspired to be.
>>
>>17063540
Glad to see someone with sense here. Usually /adv/ is full of naive observers.
>>
>>17063446
>manchild prick to consider your feelings.
Yeah, he's such a prick for not putting up with wild accusations of his character and morals.

>>17063530
>BF has no fucks to give about her feelings

Maybe he's sitting there thinking "What the fuck did I do to deserve getting shit on tonight?"

>if it isn't actually addressed
It's clearly been addressed. She's being unreasonable and acting like a child therefore he's treating her like one. She's the one wanting to start a fight over nothing. Op needs to grow the fuck up.

The guy is there with her, havin' dinner, watchin a movie, just relaxing hanging out. Bitch then has to go and ruin the fucking night by hounding him over getting messages from a friend. Then she goes and throws a tantrum over him...... not cheating on her. Fuck her stupid insecurities. You either trust someone or you don't. She doesn't trust him for no reason at all.

The next time you throw a hissy fit OP might be the last time he will ever tolerate your bullshit again.
>>
First you need to control your jealousy. Sure you can wonder who the fuck keeps texting him, but to pry into his private conversation is uncalled for especially since you say he's isn't the type to cheat. You probably could've avoided all this just asking WHO is texting him.

He interjects humor to defuse the situation because you are accusing him of cheating when you don't even think he isn't. He finds you acting like this ridiculous so he's going to be ridiculous back. The question is - is he in the right? No of course not. Any good boyfriend takes his partner's feelings seriously. My boyfriend is kind of the same as yours except I don't get fucking angry when he makes jokes when I bring up something serious to me. My guy thrives to rustle my jimmies, and I know this so all I have to say is "I'm serious" then he knows to stop. To get angry because he's joking just to get you flustered is what he wants because he finds it funny.
>>
>>17063441
Your boyfriend sounds hilarious lmao
>>
>>17063540
True, but on the other hand if she can't handle his sense of humor they would both be happier with other people. Not hating on her bf at all. He actually sounds a lot like a good friend of mine and he is always fun to be around. If they aren't compatible though, why force it? It's not about who is wrong or who is right. Maybe OP can learn to get over her insecurities. If she can do that then they can work things out.
>>
>>17063441
holy shit that's me
karen?
>>
>>17063441
Top fucking banter, get him a goddamn award!
You sound like a jealous ass, which is good for the long term. You'll stay attached to him, but at the same time I bet its annoying as hell.

He sounds like a god among shit posters. My advice, lighten the fuck up, he 95% sure isn't cheating on you. Just because he doesn't wanna fight and argue with your ass over petty shit doesn't mean he doesn't love you.
>>
File: 1461224411330.jpg (87 KB, 612x440) Image search: [Google]
1461224411330.jpg
87 KB, 612x440
>>17063505
>/adv/
>posting advice is whiteknighting
>>
>>17063441
you have no business looking at his messages anyway, no matter how many he's getting.
>>
>>17063511
i can laugh at life.

if i were OPs boyfriend, i'd make the mike joke, and that's it. that was pretty funny.

but if i saw my gf getting VISIBLY upset with me, then i'd just be like "jeez dont worry about it im not cheating on you, see" and calm her down.

feelings are important in a relationship. that's what makes relationships different than friendship, because feelings are involved.
>>
>>17063441
lol
perpare for a life of loneliness and being used as a cum rag
1- you are not entitled to go through someones phone
2- fuck you if you cant take a joke
3- the whole "dont you love me??" thing is grounds for immediate termination of relationship for me and any self respecting male
4- wait. this is b8, isnt it?
>>
>>17063441
If he didn't love you, then he wouldn't have bought you pizza, dumb ungrateful cunt.
>>
>>17063759
>implying posting whiteknight-tier advice isn't whiteknighting
>>
>>17063441
Haha, i chuckled OP. Your boyfriends a funny guy. He has very clear definitions of what shit to take seriously and what not to. You dont understand that for some guys, cheating is so far out of the picture, so untouched a thought, that they feel no remorse laughing about it.
>not the type that would cheat on me
Here you just told us he never has. There is such thing as a bullshit insecurity OP
>>
>>17063446
Kill yourself.
>>
You shouldn't be getting that angry and serious about literally nothing. You CREATED a problem. Don't make a big deal out of it and force problems on him. Tell him you want him to be more serious but don't pull that over dramatic shit. That was uncalled for. I could understand you getting angry because he's being a clown, but not because of assumptions you made, and saying shit like "so you don't love me?"
>>
>>17063441
You sound like you are a person with no sense of humor. Your boyfriend on the other hand seems to be nice and lighthearted.

Your boyfriend is the one who needs advice, and that's to dump you.
>>
People who make a joke of everything can get so annoying. Be prepared to deal with this attittude from now on too. People don´t change that much, so if he can´t answer any question (reasonable or not) without making a "joke" out of it or skipping the answer, it won´t change just because you can´t handle his "humor".
Maybe your questions/insecurities are unreasonable (or not), but his behavior is way too childish to be suited for a relationship.
>>
>>17064403
>demanding to see texts
>being insecure to the point of asking if he loves her
>he's the childish one

Okay.
>>
OP, I think you should dump your boyfriend and give me his number.
>>
>>17064507
Seconded.
>>
Wait til you're off your period and go apologize to him with a blowjob.
>>
>ask him a question
>he answers
>"So, you don't love me?"
Wat?
>>
85% of this thread is the same fag, samefagging and trolling.

Your bf sounds like an asshole. And I like dark humor; when my bf moved out I semi-jokingly asked if I could keep one of his shirts to cry into. You were obviously upset, and he chose to not empathize with you. Regardless of whether your concerns are valid/paranoid, he should have taken the time to reassure you, talk to you about it, and not be a child. He showed zero empathy. When he said "you can't handle the truth" seemed to allude that he IS cheating, and even if that's not the case, he chose to have an outburst rather than discuss your concerns with you. This guy sounds like a total trashcan loser, I would ditch him immediately. He is probably a sociopath and severely lacking empathy if he's never serious, even when he needs to be and you need him to be.
>>
>>17064637
woow, I think you are probably the one trolling here...
'you can't handle the truth' is a reference to a movie. >>17063497
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.