[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No, but we can be "just friends!" >we can be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: tumblr_31342.jpg (79 KB, 720x437) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_31342.jpg
79 KB, 720x437
>No, but we can be "just friends!"
>we can be "just friends"
>"just friends"
>"ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶠʳᶦᵉᶰᵈˢ"
>ʲᵘˢᵗ ᶠʳᶦᵉᶰᵈˢ

Why is "just friends" a thing?
>>
Why shouldn't it be?
>>
>>17051119
>Why is "just friends" a thing?

Is "I have no attraction to you and would never want to date or have sex with you" better for you?
>>
>>17051125
>"I have no attraction to you and would never want to date or have sex with you"

Sure, let's totally hang out and be best buds!
>>
>>17051127
I don't get what point you're trying to make
>>
>>17051128
Are you a woman?
>>
>>17051133
What difference does gender make?
>>
Just friends is sugar coated way of saying I don't really want to do anything with you. Women consider friends what most guys would consider merely acquaitances. Womed would consider friends people they've only spoken to once. If she said "let's just be friends" and you said "ok" and never spoke again, 10 years down the line she would still consider you a friend.
>>
What I hate about most women is that they indulge whatever beta make is nipping at their heels for lol attention. They say because they don't want to get murdered, but seriously, unless a guy is disturbed nine times out of ten that won't happen.

You know if prostitution were legalized and properly sterilized and tested half the us problems would go the fuck away. Why are all those kids shooting up colleges? No nookie.
>>
Women are, as a natural defense, conflict-averse. For their own protection they try to be as indirect as possible. The "just friends" line is a way of softening the blow of rejection as much as possible. It translates to "I am not romantically interested in you", and does not come from a place of genuinely wanting to be friends. If she does remain friends after discovering your romantic feelings, it's either out of pity, or because it feels good to be wanted, but the friendship can't be wanted because of YOU - YOU were never interested in being her friend. You just wanted to fuck her and maybe make babies. Even if she doesn't realize that consciously, she knows it subconsciously.
>>
File: tumblr_n5jd0lMjtl1rfwfq9o1_500.jpg (48 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5jd0lMjtl1rfwfq9o1_500.jpg
48 KB, 469x463
>>
>>17051170
What is "being her friend"?

Sitting on the sideline watching her get fucked by chads while offering her all the support of a boyfriend?
>>
File: wanna fight.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
wanna fight.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>17051175
>>
>>17051199
That's pretty much it.
>>
>>17051162
This OP, this is knowledge
>>
>>17051223
It sure is. I knew a chick fucked 3 of my friends after I introduced em. What happened was all a fuckin god damn shithead mystery. What the fuck.
>>
Because the soft no is a lot more easier to hear from her instead of her calling you her beta bux.
>>
File: 1438155472118.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
1438155472118.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>17051199
I wouldn't mind this, as long as she has no problem with my gf who is higher on the priority list.
>>
File: Axl-Rose[1].jpg (39 KB, 454x559) Image search: [Google]
Axl-Rose[1].jpg
39 KB, 454x559
>>17051240
clarify
>>
>>17051199
If you're truly her friend, you won't care if she gets fucked by somebody else. You might even be happy somebody else is fucking her, because if you're her friend then you're not there out of romantic interest. Think of your friends you don't want to fuck. When they get laid, don't you want to give them a high five? If them fucking someone else makes you jealous, and makes you think "what about me?" then you need to check your motives. You're there because you're pursuing her. But you're probably pursuing her like a bitch, being her "friend" so you can get close to her and eventually make your move in as low-risk of a situation as possible. This is a bitch move. It makes you look DEEPLY unattractive. It shows that you're not bold, you're not strong, and you're a wimp and a coward. The way to get a girl is to express your interest directly - women want to be swept off their feet. Opening yourself up to rejection shows you have balls, and have enough self-respect to expect a positive outcome and put yourself on the line. If you pretend to be her friend to sneak up on her and make your move, it shows you have no self-respect, and because of that neither will she.
It's okay to not be a "true friend". If you're interested in a girl, you shouldn't be a "true friend", you should be a guy who's pursuing her actively and out in the open.
>>
>>17051199
>What is "being her friend"?
Exactly and precisely the same thing as "being his friend". And it's just as easy.

Well, it's just as easy IF you asked her out at the very beginning, as is proper, rather than pining after her for months on end while you worked your emotions up into a romantic frenzy. When she says she wants to be friends, she is giving you the benefit of the doubt: assuming that your friendship is genuine, and your feelings only changed very recently. Because if that's true, then those feelings aren't yet strong enough to make dropping them difficult.

If the friendship was all just a creepy attempt at infiltrating her life, then yes, of course it's tough. But that's your problem. The pain is real, but it is self-inflicted. And you are about to be filtered out of her life.

>Sitting on the sideline watching her get fucked by chads while offering her all the support of a boyfriend?
Only orbiters have a problem with this. Actual friends don't, because friends don't engage in covert romantic pursuit.
>>
>>17051289
Yeah, the boundaries aren't really clear like that. What's wanted in a boyfriend isn't totally understood anymore. People want a nice, pretty face, or do they want, well, the real deal. The real deal of a man who spends his life on raising a family to contribute to society. That's something that's not fathomable to the 3-month "boyfriend."
>>
>>17051293
I have never seen this explanation verbalized so well before. Good job, anon.
>>
>>17051304
Aw, come on. Everybody says that.
>>
So you want me to fuck you just because you were nice to me, but if I've fucked more than one person I'm a useless worn out whore. Ok.
>>
>>17051361
No one is sure who you are talking to.
>>
>>17051119
No but we can just be "Block all contact with you!"
>>
>>17051134
All the difference
>>
>>17051119
because there are people out there willing to become cucks some day.
Don't be one of them.
If a girl rejects you she's as good as if she was dead.
>>
>>17051289

Fine words my friend
>>
>>17051168
>You know if prostitution were legalized and properly sterilized and tested half the us problems would go the fuck away. Why are all those kids shooting up colleges? No nookie.

I'd say it's the lack of a social life that's more the issue.
>>
File: 1393535859428.jpg (23 KB, 346x250) Image search: [Google]
1393535859428.jpg
23 KB, 346x250
>>17051218
>>
>"I don't like you but I can't sleep knowing someone in the world doesn't like me"
>>
>>17051119
Women are raised and culturally conditioned to want to be nice and not hurt others. They honestly think that 'just friends' is a kind and gentle let-down.

Men are conditioned to be goal-oriented - anything but success is failure. So they take 'just friends' as an insult it wasn't meant to be.
>>
>>17051168
>What I hate about most women is that they indulge whatever beta make is nipping at their heels for lol attention. They say because they don't want to get murdered, but seriously, unless a guy is disturbed nine times out of ten that won't happen.
They aren't rolling dice. When you get treated like this, it's not by random chance: you are being singled out, for actual reasons (if not always well-founded ones), as a likely psycho.

> You know if prostitution were legalized and properly sterilized and tested half the us problems would go the fuck away.
To be replaced with other, arguably bigger, problems.

>Why are all those kids shooting up colleges? No nookie.
Only one of then has given any indication of such a thing. It is teue that most shooters are simgle, but there is no evidence that most of them are as sex-obsessed as Ellior Rodger, or, say, you.

What DOES seem to be common is a thing I call a "narcissistic break": very smart, coddled, long-assured kids who get thrown out into the world and face a bitter reminder that they are not, in fact, all that. Worse, this reminder ultimately turbs out to be self-inflicted and predictable: they can see it coming, but do nothing to prevent it, and snap after it happens. Jared Loughner failed out of school for not doing the worm. Adam Lanza was about to be involuntarily committed for failing to control his outbursts. One of the women calling Elliot Rodger creepy finally got through to him. And they all just fucking *crumbled*. It is a testament to their own irresiliency, far more than anyrhing about relationship status.
>>
>>17051982
>>17051168
On the shooters, I've been doing a lot of research, and what I'm finding/concluding is that it's not really about bullying or sexual frustration, or whatever. In every single case it seems like severe mental illness compounded by extreme social isolation.
Elliot Rodger fits the profile of someone with pretty extreme narcissistic personality disorder, which I believe to be a bigger problem than his autism. But the thing the autism resulted in, having no friends and experiencing social rejection, compounded with that narcissism caused him to rampage out of rage and entitlement.
Adam Lanza is about as severe as it gets - he was showing such extreme signs of schizophrenia that it's shocking nobody did anything. He had physically isolated himself completely, and at the time of death he was 6 feet tall and 112 lbs - literally so malnourished/anorexic that it would've caused brain damage. This isn't unusual for schizophrenics. He was so isolated that he hadn't spoken to his family in a year before the shooting.
With the Columbine kids, they had absentee parents, had very superficial relationships with other students, and Eric Harris fits the profile of a sociopath perfectly, while Dylan Klebold was clearly suffering from severe clinical depression - it's easy to see some severely depressed kid following a manipulative sociopath around.
And so on.
>>
>>17051133
Sweetheart, guys do that too. Sometimes with "and have casual sex"attached.
>>
File: 1453676977610.gif (943 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
1453676977610.gif
943 KB, 500x210
>>17052012
>>17051982
>>17051982
>>17052012
Elliot clearly felt like there was no point living anymore because he was a virgin and he saw no way out of it. And he wanted to take some of the people who he was soul crushingly depressed and enraged at with him, as a last "fuck you all".

I know exactly how he felt because I am living it, the only difference is that I have actively recognized years before he went ballistic, that what I've been doing will never work and I have to pretend to be a normie both physically, clothes wise, and by the way I act with people, I still need to sharpen and polish myself up but I am way better than I used to be and I can tell by the way people act towards me that its true.
People in this society seriously under-estimate how critical sex is to men, they just assume that if you want it you can magically get it, and if you can't, well they don't really seem to have a conception of "cant" but if they think about it hard enough they usually respond with something like "loser" or "its your fault".

Nevermind that modern women in the US are total dogshit and so are the men, most people suck in general, our whole society is fucked.
>>
>>17052012
>>17051982
As in, he viewed the guys and girls at his college (a college well known for being sex central) as the cause of his situation, and he was right, it was all their fault. But rather than try to learn how to fake being one of them to get them to like him, he just lost his mind and went out shooting, I guess after hitting 22 and still being a virgin, he just went insane. I don't know why he never thought to pretend to be one of them but he didn't.

Also by me faking being a normie years before he went ballistic, I mean I'm going on 19 and learning, he was 22 when he went out

Its so soul crushingly depressing being a virgin at my age, I can't even imagine the hell that he was going through
>>
>>17051982
So, causally speaking, these people keep getting called creeps and rejected, so they kill others.

That means the inverse would be true.
>>
>>17053270
>So, causally speaking, these people keep getting called creeps and rejected, so they kill others.
No, actually. Most of them take the hint and grow the fuck up. So few of them crumble, and even fewer crumble so completely as the mass shooters do, that the people who tried to remind them of their need to change cannot reasonably be held to have caused the rampage.

>That means the inverse would be true.
Nope. It means you're just weak. And willfully so, no less, which is what makes it so contemptible.
>>
>>17052057
>I don't know why he never thought to pretend to be one of them
You know there are people who think that would be pointless. If I have to change to get what I want, it's not really me who got it.
I'm a 24yo kissless virgin, and I'll probably die like this. It's not like I'm asexual, I fap till my dick hurts pretty much, yet I have no desire to change myself for the sake of sex, or even just paying a prostitute. Because what's the fucking point? If I have to stress myself to change I'll just have exchanged a problem for another.
>>
I'm a guy. Honestly, real friends are very hard to come by for me. If a girl I was attracted to just wanted to be my friend but was a real friend I would be happy because again, real friends are hard to come by. It's not often these relations work out like this though. Ex: guy is obsessed with girl and girl communicates at a minimum, strangling him along. Or, girl wants to be friends with the guy because she feels comfortable around him and wants a guy to be friends with (various reasons) and probably doesn't have a lot of guy friends but the guy just wants to fuck her. There are many examples but you get the point.
>>
>>17053780
>Honestly, real friends are very hard to come by for me. If a girl I was attracted to just wanted to be my friend but was a real friend I would be happy because again, real friends are hard to come by.

Same here. I'll take what friends I can get, even if it's girls I think are cute. By this I mean actual friends of course, not acquaintances.
>>
God forbid you enjoy someone's company but don't want to have sex with them.
>>
File: 1440430311814.png (33 KB, 886x501) Image search: [Google]
1440430311814.png
33 KB, 886x501
>>17052012
>>17052043
>Elliot clearly felt like there was no point living anymore because he was a virgin and he saw no way out of it
>Elliot Rodger fits the profile of someone with pretty extreme narcissistic personality disorder
>>
>>17051199

>THE TRUTH TELLER
You are now nominated as beta counselor
>>
>>17051361
lol you mostly get this line after asking a girl to be your GF, not for fucking you, retard femanon
>>
>>17051465
this
>>
>No, but we can be "just friends!"
What is a friend?
a mutual relationship where neither party gets anything out of it
>woman "just friends!"
gets a guy that can tell her she is likable and not just a piece of meat to everybody, she also gains a beta fag that gives her the much needed attention she wants.
> Man "just friends!"
Gets a girl that he cant have a relationship with, or have any type of sexual contact with, (hmm sounds like a straight man) she can barely keep an interesting conversation going, or plan out fun activities to do as friends.
I.E. the woman gets "something" out of a friendship, and as we have read before, that is not a friendship,
in conclusion, why would i be >"just friends" with a girl if a guy friend can give me the same relationship where neither party gains a thing?
>your welcome
>>
>>17051119
they want more attention than theyre currently getting and other potential benefits of you being around but they think they can catch a better dick

i'd much rather have them say just say "no"
>>
>>17051119
>can we be 'just friends'

From the google girl speak decoder this translates as:

> can you please go away,
> but you don't have to go away completely,
> you can still speak to me occasionally but only when it's not personal
> I don't want people to think we are close in any way
> OK?
> Why are you still here? Shoo !!
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.