[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
roommate not wanting to compromise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4
File: 10970445.png (75 KB, 211x173) Image search: [Google]
10970445.png
75 KB, 211x173
Hey /adv/ so I have a roommate who overall is an okay guy, but the huge problem we have is that he goes to sleep way earlier than me. I've recently built a desktop and when we first met I told him I would probably be on it a lot for gaming or school or whatever. He said it was cool and no worries. The first issue was that my monitor was right in his face (it's a small dorm) and it would fuck him over at night. I moved the furniture the best I could and now my monitor faces my bed, and doesn't bleed out nearly as much light as it did before, and he even agreed that it may still have been bright enough to keep him up, but it wouldn't wake him up if he were already asleep like it did before.

Now on weekends I love to stay up late and play games with my friends, and even try to not be an asshole by not using voice chat while he's asleep. The problem is on weekends he goes to sleep around 11 or 12 and I usually like to stay on my desktop well into the morning around 7 or 8. A few minutes ago we had this huge talk where he was telling me that basically if I wanted to play games and all it was fine, but that it just shouldn't be while he's sleeping (apparently my mouse clicking and mechanical keyboard are too loud).
>>
>>17018041
I attempted to compromise with him and told him on weekdays I never try to be in the room, and usually just game on my laptop somewhere else because I know he has classes, but asked him if it would be cool if I could just have Fridays and Saturdays to bro out late at night and game with my friends from my desktop in the room. He said that he can't just jump on and off of sleep schedules and that if I stayed up on weekends he would be fucked and wouldn't be able to get on his normal sleep schedule before the upcoming week started.

I even went home for spring break and brought him a pair of earplugs just in case I got too loud on my computer. He refused to use them and tonight told me that he shouldn't have to use earplugs, and that as a human being I should never want to disturb someone who is sleeping if I don't have too. He even told me if I needed to work on assignments I should be courteous and use the computer lab downstairs.

My issue is I don't think I'm being unreasonable asking him to at least let me have weekends, and also wanting to do my work in the comfort of my own room even if it is late at night. He won't use the earplugs I bought him (they were just normal airplane earbuds just to be clear. I didn't drop any major money or anything) and the conversation ended tonight with me telling him I just wouldn't be on my desktop while he was sleeping. What I want to know is A) how to revisit this topic so we can find a better agreement and B) what to say or tell him in order to let me at least enjoy my late night/early morning weekend gaming sessions and worn on assignments from my room. If I'm in the wrong please let me know but I don't think I'm being unreasonable.
>>
>>17018042
He claims that since he never wakes me up while I'm sleep I should do the same. However this is only because he leaves the room on his own volition while I'm sleep in an effort to be courteous. I told him it wasn't necessary and I would just deal with him doing whatever he needed to in the room without getting pissed at him, but he just said it was whatever. A few things came up tonight about some other issues with my late night etiquette and some were valid and I even admitted they were and told him I didn't know and would work to change them, but is there really that big of a fault on my part for wanting to use my desktop when it's convenient for me? I don't think it's fair that I have to use my computer only when me roommate deems it acceptable, especially when he doesn't even try to compromise with me due to his rigid sleep schedule
>>
>>17018041
You sound like an absolute cunt OP.
What the fuck are you doing staying up late making noises with glaring light when you're living in the same room as someone else. Do you even know what you're asking him to do?

'I understand I'm being a cunt to you, but you can be a cunt to me as well okay? That will make it fair'

Your roommate sounds like a bro. Fuck you for ruining his sleep!
>>
sorry I'm so loud and annoying here's some fucking earplugs

lol seriously just move out, get a different roommate because you're shit
>>
>>17018097
I'm asking him to level with me. I pay to live there just like he does and it makes no sense for only one of us to make sacrifices. All I'm asking for is two days out of the week that's not that much
>>
>>17018119
you're an idiot if you can't tell this is unreasonable and non negotiable

find a new rm
>>
Consider moving to a different dorm room.

Unfortunately for you, his right to be able to sleep at reasonable hours outweighs your right to play videogames when you want.
>>
it's unreasonable but your roommate is being unreasonable by not just wearing some fucking earplugs- he should atleast try it.

I don't really know how to solve this issue. Don't you only have a couple weeks left of school? Either deal with it and just try to game during the day on the weekends, or tell him to fuck off and just do what you want.
I don't think you're gonna be able to talk this out with him
>>
Mechanical keyboards are loud as fuck, and your playing through all the good sleeping hours,

Maybe start playing earlyer, who the fuck plays past 3 just sleep and wake up and play again,

your ethier gona play those extra hours at night or sleep sooner and wake up sooner and repeat.

>inb4 normie

I play like 12 hrs a day too.
>>
>>17018126
I respect his right to sleep and actively avoid being in the room on weekdays, all i wanted was to enjoy my weekends on my terms. I told him if he was inconveniencing himself while I was asleep he didn't have to. It's his room as much as it is mine and it just doesn't seem reasonable for me to only enjoy it while he's awake
>>
>>17018144
You can "enjoy" the room, you just have to do so in a way that doesn't disrupt his sleep.
See if you guys can get a noise machine or if you can get a new keyboard that isn't as loud or something
>>
>>17018119
He wants to fucking sleep dude.. At a normal time.. Stop being a cunt to him. I swear.. You're lucky he hasn't punched you in the face already.. Cause I would...
>>
>>17018143
I have no problem waking up earlier to get extra hours and I even told him that, but my friends and I tend to play late at night because that's when we're all available to do so. I don't talk when its late and even told him if it was cool for me to have weekends to do my thing I would even try to cut my late night sessions short and play till like 5 or so.

My other problem is that he doesn't even want me working on schoolwork in the room while he's sleeping. I use the lab downstairs on weekdays, but on weekends if I want to type up a review in the comfort of my room I think I should be able to
>>
you two are on different schedules... make him wear ear plugs or you know bring a chick back and start banging her while he's sleeping.

ear plugs and put a sheet or something up to cover the glare from your screen
>>
>>17018149
>>17018149
I get that I'm up at legitimately obscene hours, but he isn't even trying to help me reach a solution that works for both parties. I've rearranged the furniture as best as I could, I've dimmed my monitor to the lowest setting, and I make sure not to talk or blast music through my headphones. He won't even try ear plugs or try to understand that I just want to have fun with my friends 2 days out of the week.
>>
>>17018041
holy shit are you a piece of shit.

You're in fucking school and you're staying up all fucking night to play video games? 11pm-12am is LATE. A lot of people have classes at fucking 8am or earlier. So you're a massive cunt for staying up all night gaming. Not only that, but you have a fucking MECHANICAL KEYBOARD which is loud as shit. You're mouse is probably just as bad.

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>17018144
>I respect his right to sleep
no, you don't.
>>
So much autism

OP like most people have said you're being a total cunt

His right to sleep outweighs any and every desire you have to 'bro out with your friends'. If he took this to the Uni staff you would be given a formal warning for this kinda shit. He is being incredibly chill by not fucking you over for this but you need to stop, or gtfo his dorm.

the more of your replies I read the angrier I get, you're so deluded. If I lived with you I'd have definitely petitioned to have to removed from my room by now
>>
>>17018172
On weekdays when he has classes I'm not in the room doing anything to wake him up. We both just bullshit around on weekends, but why do I have to go to sleep when he wants me too. At the end of the day the difference between he and I is that I'm trying to propose a compromise and he's just insisting I never do anything unless he's awake. I don't mind giving up my desktop when he has classes, I'd rather not but I do it because that's a compromising thing to do. And he won't even try to use ear plugs or cover his head? All I'm looking for is a solution that we can both agree isint asking too much of both parties
>>
>>17018190
who gives a fuck about your weekends holy shit.
>>
>>17018184
Uni staff already knows about this. The RLC knows the whole situation and has told me before that as far as assignments go I ALWAYS have the right to do them in my room (it's not just games he doesn't even let me read my research papers, type up reports, or anything while he's sleeping). The RLC told me that in situations like this weekends are usually the go to solution. I already don't disturb him on weekdays and even don't disturb him on Sundays. If staff gets involved I've already been told that I'm far from breaching the roommate agreement
>>
OP, you're in a dorm where you and your roommate share a room right? Stop being a cunt. It sounds like your roommate is being courteous towards you and you're just trying to push the boundary as far as it can go.

You're not trying to be reasonable at all. You're basically asking your roommate to not sleep during regular sleeping hours on the weekend. You're playing video games with a mechanical keyboard when he wants to sleep. If you had me as a roommate, I would have already reported your ass to the RA.

If you really MUST play, just move your rig to a study room or common room in the dorm that isn't being used during your ridiculous hours.

Shared dorm rooms are for sleeping in and holding your possessions. There can be understandable inconveniences every once in a while, but gaming all through the night every weekend? Please.
>>
>>17018205
Do your work during reasonable hours then you stupid cunt. You're doing anything to ignore literally everyone to justify your bullshit.

Again, 11-12 are completely reasonable hours to cut your shit. For fuck's sake I guarantee your dorm has rules about quiet hours that you have signed when moving in. A basic needed human function is > you being on your computer.

Now fuck off and stop being a cunt.
>>
>>17018205
also last time I checked most schools have many open labs that are open 24/7 so do your "work" there. We all know you aren't working so shut your faggot face.
>>
>>17018205
>The RLC knows the whole situation and has told me before that as far as assignments go I ALWAYS have the right to do them in my room

My god you are a cunt. YOUR ROOMMATE IS GETTING ON YOU FOR PLAYING VIDYA AT 5AM, not because of your fucking reports. I hope he documents everything and blasts your ass out of that dorm.
>>
>>17018205
No, faggot, what you've asked staff is whether you can work late nights occassionally

What you're asking your roommate is whether you can game all night indefinitely

See the difference or are you too stupid?

If you asked them 'Can I play videogames til 7am on weekends and keep my roommate up?' they'd tell you that if he had a problem with it you'd have to cut that shit out, or move.

Jesus nigger why don't you just get a new room?? You two will NEVER live happily unless you become a rational reasonable person which clearly isn't happening here
>>
op-
You have to sleep sometimes, right? Why is it impossible for you to just sleep at the same time that your roommate does. Just go to bed at 12 and wake up at like 6 or 7 and play your games all day.

I know you'll need to adjust your sleep schedule, but it's probably necessary in this situation.
>>
>>17018041
Anything past 2 is downright unreasonable man. Especially in a dorm. Sure he can use ear plugs and a facemask... or you could stop being a child and go to fucking bed.

I had a room mate be the exact same way. Only thing is I wasn't a bro like your room mate. I'd wake up during his "sleeping hours" and be intentionally noisy and flood the room with light. This was particularly easy because it was the middle of the day. When he goes to the RA to complain, guess who's side they are on?

I know you're going to be a resistant little bitch about this, but grow up now before this situation gets nasty
>>
>>17018041
You and he can each use your computers as much as you have to whenever you have to for schoolwork, and it's the other guy's job to get an eye mask and earplugs.

You and he have an obligation to keep to limited and reasonable hours for gaming, facebooking or any other personal uses of the computers. Here the burden is on the user to not impose his entertainment on the guy trying to sleep.

If it is absolutely essential you your mental health to play games late at night, buy a laptop and sit in the hall.
>>
>>17018223
>>17018229
It's not always video games that does it. I'm in a gis class this semester and have the necessary copy of the program on my desktop in my room since the school gives everyone in the class an at home serial key. On weekdays sometimes I need to run specific files through the software that's not on the lab computers and as a result it has to be on my desktop. I usually get it done before my roomate has to sleep but twice now I've had to work on it a bit later to which I got bitched at.

I'm not sure if this is clear or not but 5 am nights were only going to BE on weekends. I'm not actively doing this shit currently. As of now the status quo so far has been him asking me to turn off my computer whenever he wakes up in the middle of the night and I do if. As of now the latest I've been able to stay up and game was 2. I'm not back to back keeping him up. I do my thing until it wakes him and if it does I shut down shop. We just talked about it tonight and my 5 am gaming sessions was what I told him I'd like to do.

But if RLC got involved they would tell him that if I'm not blasting music, yelling, or bringing people in after 11 that I have every right to be on my computer. Like I said the RLC knows everything because we went to him about it to see if the university had any dividers. It's not a question of if I can do it because I've already been told I can. I'm just looking for a compromise so that way he gets to sleep and go to class and I get to play my games when I want on the weekends
>>
Yeah OP, you're being a shithead and particularly immature. You do not have the right to stay up at all hours of the night playing games if it keeps him awake, and if late nights are your thing, you should have found a living arrangement that allows it. Him just trying to sleep all day during the weekends will absolutely fuck his sleep schedule up.

It sounds like you sleep all day, so him "being courteous enough to leave when you sleep" doesn't sound so much like courtesy and more like "going to class." You need to adjust your sleep schedule to a normal hour or find somewhere else to play and "do your assignments."
>>
OP sure gets a lot of shit, huh. Your situation is a little different from mine since you share a room, I live in an apartment and have my own room, then room mate #1 also has his own room and room mate #2 lives in the living room. The rules here are "Do your dishes and keep shit relatively clean. It's none of my business when you work, eat, sleep, play or fuck". I'm going to bed half an hour before noon as we speak. One of my room mates works 9-5. The other one streams from the evening until 2-3 hours past midnight, then delivers mail in the early morning.

Basically, your room mate needs a sleep mask, earplugs and possibly some sleeping pills. You can't be an oppressive cunt like that if you want to enjoy living with other people.
>>
KEK op are you on your desktop right now????
It's 5:33 am on a weekend
>>
>>17018263
Have you tried noise disrupters? Such as a fan for white noise?
>>
>>17018263

Do you not realize how fucking annoying it is to be woken up in the middle of the night when you're trying to sleep for something? Do you not realize that by the time he finally says something, after having had this conversation multiple times, that he's gritting his teeth and trying to hold back while you keep him up, until FINALLY just having to confront you about the awkward situation AGAIN?

This is in no way a reasonable compromise and I fully doubt you're being honest with the residency about your sleep and noise.

Reasonable compromise = "Hi roommate, every once in a while my assignments will keep me up working late and I will try to warn you if I have a heavy workload. I will otherwise make every effort to work during hours that don't disturb you."

Unreasonable = "Just sleep when I say and use these earplugs because I'm selfish and want to play League of Legends until the sun comes up."
>>
>>17018232
Staff knows I game late at night I told the RLC everything with my roomate there to confirm. I don't keep him awake till 5 but staff have already told me if I want to play games on my side of the room till 9am I can as long as I'm not talking and have headphones in.

Once again to be clear I'm not terrorizing this kid on weekends and keeping him up till 5. On weekends currently he goes to sleep at 11 and however long I can make it without waking him up is how long my gaming session is. He's not pissed at me because I shut it down instead of continuing and keep him up/waking him up multiple times. All I want is for him to let me do a full session two times a week. Hell I'll probably even settle for one, but that's where his lack of compromise comes into play
>>
>>17018263
>I usually get it done before my roomate has to sleep but twice now I've had to work on it a bit later to which I got bitched at.

You've already trampled any courtesy owed to you. Sure, it's understandable if you have to stay up late now and again because of school BUT as of now you are:

>As of now the status quo so far has been him asking me to turn off my computer whenever he wakes up in the middle of the night and I do it.

So, you wake him up, he has to bitch at you for you to be a reasonable person, and you . . . wonder why he's always bitching at you? How dense are you?

>I'm not sure if this is clear or not but 5 am nights were only going to BE on weekends.

No one gives a damn. You're still keeping your roommate from sleeping.

I'm not buying any of your shit about your uni staff being on your side. You are being unreasonably loud and keeping your roommate from sleeping. Your roommate is being a serious bro and you don't even recognize it.

Just move your rig when you feel like playing. If your dorm doesn't have separate study rooms or a common room, then tough luck.
>>
>>17018283

You're being obnoxiously stubborn here. Your roommate is likely not anywhere near as okay with being woken up and having to tell you to turn it off multiple times a week, but he's probably accepted that he's stuck living with you and you're not willing to do anything to stop being a dickhead, so he's just going to try to be as nice as possible to keep things as amicable as possible.

>>17018269
Don't even halfway pretend that people in separate rooms are anywhere near like sharing a dorm in OP's situation where his computer probably isn't even 5 feet from this guy's bed.
>>
>>17018269
And that's where my issue lies. My roomate is not trying anything to meet me halfway. Earplugs and a mask have been recommended by the RA as well as the RLC. If I wanted to be the collosal asshole everyone ITT wants me to be I could legitimately play my games as long as I wanted to on my side of the room and not give a fuck how many times he wakes up. But I'm not so I just shut my desktop off if it wakes him up. He's cool with me and we don't hate each other, I just want an agreement that lets me enjoy my weekends the way I want to
>>17018270
I'm on my phone. He wakes up and the desktop goes off that's how it is
>>
>>17018301
>He's cool with me and we don't hate each other

Confirmation OP is delusional.
>>
>>17018296
Separate rooms or not, OPs room mate sounds like the kind of person who would flip his shit if he heard someone doing dishes in the middle of the night. He should use the sleeping aids available to him and stop enforcing absolute silence on anything and everything around him a he sleeps.
>>
>>17018301

You. Are. Being. Autistic.

You're wrong. Everyone has said you are wrong. Even if what you're doing is within the rules, you lack any empathy for your roommate's situation and you see it as his lack of compromise. The reality of this situation is that you are being a dick and asking to make an unreasonable compromise.

You should abandon your thread at this point unless you want constructive ideas about where else you can enjoy your hobby and weird sleeping hours. Otherwise you're just trolling.
>>
>>17018296
If you read the thread you would know I'm never on my desktop during weeknights unless I'm working on assignments. This whole waking up exchange ONLY takes place on weekends when I'm playing games. He's not pissed because A) it's not multiple times a week B) the first time it happens I cut my computer off and C) he knows I play my games on the weekend he doesn't bitch at me he just rolls over and says it's getting hard to sleep and I cut my rig off. So in total he wakes up ONCE on Friday and Saturday nights, and goes right to sleep.

During our chat I even asked him if he has problems going back to sleep and he said no. Maybe I am being greedy, as of now my weekend sessions last as long as I can make it before he wakes up. And that's the current agreement, I'd just like to get to enjoy my nights the way I want
>>
>>17018319

Mechanical keyboards and repetitive clicking sounds are disruptive and annoying. He shouldn't have to drug himself to sleep every night or wrap something around his head just to sleep. The roommate doesn't sound like a dick at all, he sounds like a goddamned saint. I'd punch OP straight in the dick if he were my roommate so the university was required to get me another dorm room.
>>
>>17018319
That was some of the other "late night etiquette" we discussed. Apparently if I open the door during the night to go piss the sound of the lock opening wakes him up. I now have to open the door VERY slowly and VERY carefully. We had a laugh for a second though because I told him if diarrhea hits me or something that would be the last thing on my mind. As much as people insist he hates me he really doesn't. We're cool I just wanted to get more weekend gaming hours
>>
>>17018329

I have read the entire fucking thread. It is NOT OKAY FOR YOU TO KEEP HIM UP ANY NIGHT OF THE WEEK. Not weekends, not holidays, not Wednesdays in May, it is wrong. You are being unreasonable. You are the one operating at hours outside of the rest of mankind.

When you grow up and have a job and such, this kind of shit will not fly. Not your sleep schedule, not your insistence to "do what you want." Grow up. He IS compromising by letting you play late into the night on the weekends before politely asking you to shut it down.
>>
>>17018349
If I'm working on an assignment during the week fuck off. If a file runs me late into the night then so be it at that point I don't care if it's okay because it's for school. If him letting me get late into the night before asking me to shut it down is compromise then fine I can respect that. But refusing to try a potential remedy that might let me do what enjoy for a potentially longer period of time because you just don't want to isint. I don't want to call it quits at 12 or 2 or whenever he wakes up but I do because I respect the fact he wants to sleep. But not respecting the idea that I just really want to play video games on weekends and trying the damn earplugs isint.
>>
>>17018371

I just want to punch you in the dick even more. Get a real sleep schedule. Work on your assignments during the day.

You're fucking with his health and ability to function. Earplugs are uncomfortable to sleep with and fall out. You playing your shitty video games until 8 AM is not important. He probably wants to go enjoy his weekend and be well rested for the week ahead, again, like a normal human being.

Let him know that I admire his patience with your stubborn neckbeard ass and that if he wants to move to Vegas he can have my spare bedroom for half the normal price. And I won't keep him awake.
>>
>>17018041
There is a basic principle of common law that is often stated as "Your right to swing your arm ends just short of my nose"

There is a VERY significant point to that - some rights take precedence over others.

My right to not have a bloody nose is greater than your right to swing your arm.

And the right to a peaceful night's sleep is greater than the right to play computer games at 3 AM.
>>
>>17018383
Classes end for me at 7 on weekdays and start at 10. I start on files right when I get back to the room but if I end up going to 10 or 11 it can't be helped. Earplugs may be uncomfortable but that's the thing about compromises, everyone comes off of something. I don't bother him usually during the week like I said unless it's for an assignment. But on weekends you can't wear a pair of earplugs just twice because you simply understand that I like to enjoy myself too? He doesn't even know if their uncomfortable because he's never tried them . we are sitting on a potential solution and you are really saying he shouldn't at least TRY it? If they are uncomfortable then you know what fine, I'll keep our status quo so that things stay the way they are. But what if the earplugs solve the problem?
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 500x456
>>17018398

I'm leaving this thread but here's your (You).

Suck a dick OP
>>
>>17018397
I understand what you're saying I really do. And for that exact reason on weekdays I don't even touch my desktop. There have been multiple days when I've gotten out of class and no homework or anything and I still never booted up my system. He knows I do that because I realize how important him sleeping and being able to wake up for class is, and once or twice he's even thanked me for it. I just think it's a bit fucked that every thing is okay and honkey dorey because he has to make no sacrifices. I give up Sunday through Thursday nights COMPLETELY and it's all good. And even now I cut my weekend sessions short as soon as he ask. But the moment I ask him to just try a set of earplugs it's an issue? As of now the only person who is sacrificing is me. The only issue he has is waking up for two seconds on Friday and Saturday nights to tell me to cut my computer off, and then going straight back to sleep. This is why I'm a little upset, because I'm giving so much already and he is refusing to even try and meet me in the middle.
>>
>>17018412
Op- he's not asking you to not touch your computer all week- you're deciding to do that by yourself in an attempt to "make things even".

He could care less if you do or don't use your computer during the days of the week.
He specifically doesn't want you to use your computer at night while he's trying to sleep. He doesn't benefit from you NOT using your computer by the day, so it's not a "plus" for him at all even if you feel like you're making a sacrifice for some reason.
>>
>>17018416
I'm taking about nighttime use. On weekdays he goes to sleep at 8 and unless I'm working on an assignment he doesn't have to worry about any interruptions. Myself personally I tend to sleep on weekdays at 12 or 2ish, and he knows this. He also knows I would much rather spend that time during weekdays on my computer from 8 to 12 but I don't. Instead I just lay in my bed and read or whatever the fuck else passes the time. Maybe I sound like a prick but even he himself will tell you I make sacrifices regarding my gaming time. I do it every time I'm not working on an assignment and I do it every weekend when my sessions get get cut short. But what's his sacrifice? If I was keeping him up till 8 am regardless of if he woke up or not then that would be a dick move. But all I want is for him to at least TRY to work with me. If I were him on weekends I would at least TRY the earplugs, or at least say I would endure a session that lasted till 3 or so.

"Hey man I know you like to play games really late and all on the weekends but does reeling it in at around 3 sound okay? That's the best I can do" if I was him that's what I would propose. But he legitimately wants me to just call it quits as soon as he lies down? When we talked he even said he knows it's kind of shitty to make everything stop because he's sleepy. That's how the whole "play until it wakes me up" situation got started, but even then that's really unpredictable in itself.

Wake up 15 minutes after you just lied down? Say no more anon is done for the night and you won't be disturbed anymore. And on weekends like that I really feel like I get the short end of the stick.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 479x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 479x464
>>
Why can't you play during his awake hours OP?
>>
>>17018521
I do if I'm not working on an assignment. When he's awake assignments usually take priority because while I can cut off a video game there's just no way I'm not finishing an assignment. Also while I play when he's awake most of my friends don't get off of work, out of class, etc. till around 8 or 9 and after eating and doing anything else that needs doing we all usually play together from 10 till whenever but on weekends that's usually the break of day.
>>
I honestly think >>17018325 said it best.
>>
>>17018213
This guy. Listen to him.
>>
Your room mate is right. Get off the fucking computer and grow up you autistic nerd faggot
>>
File: 1437058903472.png (207 KB, 398x759) Image search: [Google]
1437058903472.png
207 KB, 398x759
Kill yourself OP. When my brother still lived at home with us we shared a room and he had his xbox in it. Would stay on it for hours while I'm trying to sleep and would scream OH MY GOD every time he died in his shitty game. My god it was terrible and I feel bad for you room mate having to go through it
>>
>>17018554
They aren't actually your friends op. They are just people with the same addiction as you. Nobody will refer to an uncompromising cunt with nothing to offer as a friend.
>>
>>17018412
No, you don't understand.

Using the terms of my first post >>17018397
the supremacy of my right not to be punched in the nose over your right to swing your arm is absolute. It is not subject to debate or compromise.

You can't say "If I don't punch you in the nose during the week, it's OK for me to do it on weekends."

You can't say "It's OK for me to punch you in the nose until you complain, and then I'll stop."

You can't say "If you don't like being punched in the nose, move."

My right to an unbloodied nose absolutely cancels your right to swing your arm. It is a basic principle of law, common sense and living in a civilized society

Now plug "a peaceful night's sleep" into each of those statements. They still stand as absolutes.

If it is really essential to you to be able to play your games at 3 AM, pay extra and get a single room. (But hope that the walls are thick or be prepared for the guys in the next room to complain.)
>>
>>17018554
god damn just fucking take a hint already you stupid fuck.
>>
Idk why you're getting flamed op. Your roommate sleeps way too early, and sleeping 8+ hours is shit desu. Hell I'd room with you any day man.

Protip: find a gaming dorm nearby and move your desktop and shit in there, only use the shitty roommate dorm to sleep.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.