[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you differentiate lust and love? I only ever had acsess
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1460191034707.png (189 KB, 491x330) Image search: [Google]
1460191034707.png
189 KB, 491x330
How do you differentiate lust and love? I only ever had acsess to the body of one girl my entire life, she's gorgeous. Now she's gone, I miss her and the time we were together to death, problem is I am not sure if I am missing her or her body.
>>
If she was a man would she be a close friend?
>>
If she never wanted to fuck you, would you still want to talk to her?
>>
>>17014680
Easy. Have a wank (thinking about her or not about her) and see how you feel afterwards. If you feel like you can function without her then its lust. If the feelings dont go away then its love
>>
>>17014680
How old are you? Curious.

And well, they aren't always just one or the other. You can love somebody for their body and their mind or "spirit". Hell, it seems to me that almost every relationship starts because of physical attraction, so I wouldn't worry about being shallow or whatever because you liked her body. I think people are too idealistic if they think romantic relationships happen normally without any sort of lust.
>>
>>17014680
99% of humans are not capable of love. They are capable of lust, obsession/fascination and addiction.

You are not the 1%.
>>
>>17014858
edgy
>>
bumping for interest
>>
HAVE A PIZZA PARTY
>>
File: humidor.jpg (28 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
humidor.jpg
28 KB, 320x320
In the early months of a relationship, and when you're young and inexperienced, love and lust are similar, both being primarily a reaction to a hormonal chemical dump in your bloodstream.

Ideally, a mix of both is optimal, but truthfully, lust waxes and wanes in a healthy relationship, but never goes away.
The problem with youth and inexperience is that you can't feel any difference between love and lust, like OP here, and when a relationship goes to shit, as they often do when young, I know it's damn confusing.
The best way to find out, OP, is to bang another woman- if it's lust, you'll be fine about your ex.
Now, love is a tougher issue- it's possible to have very unhealthy love in your life- obsessive, one-sided relationships, codependency, these sort of things can exist side by side with love of a sort. It takes experience and hindsight to figure out what's going on.

Now, the hard truth of it all is that your relationship is finished. That shows that it was imperfect for one or both of you, which means that it was unbalanced, so by default I'm going to say that it wasn't love, but lust, and if there was any sort of real love there, it wasn't reciprocated, which implies that it wasn't healthy for either of you at the time, especially you, OP, who I would guess got hurt more by it's rejection.

You'll be OK. Life is going to fuck you sometimes. At the end of the day, this shit show was just practice, OP, nothing more or less.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.