[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never done this before, but I'm in need of advice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (99 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
image.png
99 KB, 480x477
I've never done this before, but I'm in need of advice.

6 months ago, I split up with my girlfriend of 4 years. She basically left me for some guy who she was talking to behind my back. We've had 2 short split ups prior. Her always leaving me and coming back.

I've went through literal hell over the years and it's been very rough on me. I love her more than the whole world.

Fast forward to now, the guy she left me for 6 months ago is missing a leg from a car crash and has a felony on his record. He just got out of a long term relationship. Suffice to say, within a few months they got engaged. That hurt me deeply because I was going to propose to her and she was constantly suggesting it.I was hesitant on moving forward with her due to lack of trust from her constantly hurting me.

Currently I am at a mutual "friends" bachelor party in AZ, which has a lot of sentimental value for both of us (took a vacation down here as a couple early in our relationship). The familiar places break my heart. We met through this friend.

Then, unbeknownst to me, I find out my ex is flying down to join us for a day. He decides to let me know this shortly after arriving. Some friend, huh? This has mind fucked me and I'm hanging on by a thread just thinking about it. Literally on the verge of tears but I'm trying to not cry for appearances sake.

I'm a very tough and resilient guy. I never cry. But this has ruined me.

How do I handle this, what do I do?
>>
Just leave. He's not a good friend if he pulls that shit. Don't waste your time. If he doesn't apologize, not even after you leave, that should tell you all you need to know. I would end the friendship if he doesn't realize his mistake.
>>
>>17012947
I'm not usually one to agree with this kind of advice, but in this case I really can't argue. He's not a good friend if he would do this to you, especially if he knows the situation.
>>
Take off.

Not much more to it. They knew you wouldn't come, otherwise they wouldn't have waited until you arrived before they told you.

Just take off.
>>
Leave. Take a drive. Clear your mind of that gutter. I know the feeling of wanting to stay - maybe it's possible she's coming to see you etc etc... It's all bullshit. Don't be the bitch in this situation. Tell your friend he should have told you earlier then gtfo of there. You don't deserve that.
>>
I have literally no way to get out of here. We flew in by plane and have no mode of transportation to get out of here... I don't want to be a little bitch who has to leave early because of this... I should also mention I am stuck standing up in the wedding with her...

Talk about a shitty situation.
>>
>>17012051
>I split up with my girlfriend of 4 years
> She basically left me for some guy

She split up with YOU

The weak will inherit NOTHING!
>>
>>17013216

What I meant was she left me for another guy she was seeing behind my back.
>>
>>17013200

You have legs don't you? They have taxi's don't they?

Just leave dude, don't answer any phone calls.

>I don't want to be a little bitch
No being a little bitch is letting them pull this shit on you without consequences. Ditch them and when they ask why you call them all fucking faggots.
>>
Message the guy on Facebook saying

>how does it feel to know you werent able to propose on one leg you incomplete gimp?
>>
Reading so many breakup stories, and no_gf stories on /adv/ has led me to a few conclusions about my own life.
1)It really is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.
OP you knew love, so many people, don't get to experience that.
I dumped my first girlfriend. She loved me like there was no tomorrow, and I threw that all away. I loved her, but It was smothering.

2)women are insane.
My last GF left me for loser she met at school.
The guy is obese, and half his hair fell out.

Your GF left you for a one legged dude.
totally insane.

in my case it was payback for breaking my first girlfriend's heart, and i deserved it.

In your case, it was you who got your heart broke, so the way I figure, I reckon you have a new GF coming to you. you deserve it.

let crazy be crazy, and move on
>>
Thank you all for the replies. I really appreciate it.

I have come up with two options.

1. Either get the fuck out of here and on a plane tomorrow

2. Stick around and act aloof as if I don't give a shit and just make it through the day.

I'll be thinking this over tonight and making a decision. I'm pretty sure this friendship is over.
>>
>>17013513
Go for number 1. If you dont you're prolly gonna regret it later on.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.