[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, I'm not really sure if this is the right board
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: British_Army_Logo.png (140 KB, 233x200) Image search: [Google]
British_Army_Logo.png
140 KB, 233x200
Hey /adv/, I'm not really sure if this is the right board but I guess this is worth a go.

I've wanted to join the British Army for years now. I'm now 18, but used to have asthma as a kid. It was diagnosed and I've had an inhaler since I was 10. Over time it's drastically improved and I haven't had to use an inhaler for 3 years now that I've started running, despite this, I've had overprotective parents and they've kept me on an inhaler just in case.

Will the army let me in, can I just sneak by without them looking at my medical history? I don't want to be held back from my dream because of something as insignificant as this.
>>
>>17010883
Don't throw your life away. You're still young.
>>
>>17010901
I have no 'life' outside of working out, playing CS:GO with my friends for 6 hours and sleeping. At the very least, joining the Army will give me purpose.

I've heard it all before and I'm not gonna be pushed away from it.
>>
>>17010883
Asthma is a big deal. Think about hiking and running if you sneak through, think about you having an attack in the middle of a firefight. If you have asthma you would do yourself and your fellow soldier a disservice by joining.

If you're not fit to serve you aren't fit to serve. Sorry if this comes across as harsh, but the military is about winning.

You can take it to a recruiter but I'm pretty sure they'll tell you the same thing.

t. Marine
>>
>>17010915
I haven't had an attack since I was 10 and that was because of spending so much time in my grandad's dusty old house and playing around, since then I'm more than physically fit. I've tested myself and I meet every requirement.
>>
Honestly, talk to your recruiter. Don't lie about your health: they get REALLY pissed off when the truth comes out, and it always does. But if you've been able to manage it without an inhaler for this long, they may still let you in. There is certainly no harm in asking.
>>
>>17010923
I honestly doubt they'd be willing to let things just slide for me, they have to follow all procedures perfectly and maintain order. They have plenty of young men to choose from, why choose me?

Lying might be my only option really, I want to join legitimately but this stupid illness that exists only on paper holds me back.
>>
>>17010901
Don't listen to him OP

There isn't even any deployments right now and even if there was the chance of you dying in combat is lower than in a car crash while out there.

The army is far easier than school in a social sense, you don't even have to be tough because they make you tough and not through bullying or any of that shite. It gives you confidence you never knew you had and will purge the NEET out of you. You can do 4 years you'll still be 22-23 able to do whatever you want without a CV gap.

If you don't join now you will probably just be in the same position in 4 years time wishing you had taken the plunge.
>>
>>17010945
Yeah, nothing can dissuade me at this point. I watch videos of basic training and what not, and even that looks like something I'd deeply enjoy.
>>
If it's anything like the Navy, there is a requirement that the inhaler has not been used for a certain amount of time.

So for example if you haven't used your inhaler for 4 years, you are able to pass the medical exam. There is no possible way you can lie to them or try and hide your asthma, they go through all your medical history in great detail.

Goodluck OP
>>
Hey dude im a qualified afco from belfast palace barracks....i left recruitment recently but honestly they wont let you in if you tell them.i hid my back problems and i still got in....6 years later i left and i juiced them for all i could....my advice dont tell them and join anyway you will get out after 4 years because its a pile of crap now....good luck
>>
>>17010883
Enjoy getting your head cut off in the street of your town by an angry Muslim while nobody helps
>>
Just go to a doctor and have them clear you....

They'll have you breathe into a tube, and then write a letter saying you don't have asthma.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.