[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: Hobbies besides internet and how to get involved in with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: sam.jpg (305 KB, 960x952) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
305 KB, 960x952
itt: Hobbies besides internet

and how to get involved in with said hobbies
>>
>>17009263
Well, what do you like doing other than the Internet?
I play paintball, grow vegetables and herbs, draw, try to refine my cooking techniques...
>>
>>17009273
watch TV
>>
>>17009263
Ever since college i haven't had the time/money to do my other hobbies (hiking, photography, etc) that involve large investments. I learned photo and video editing though. It's alot of fun.
>>
>>17009277
What do you watch on TV? Anything in those shows/movies that sparks an interest?
>>
>>17009290
sports of all kinds, travel shows

Problem is I don't know how to get involved in these hobbies. I'm 26 and have trouble meeting people
>>
You need three hobbies, one physical, mental, and creative. Only picking three allows you to focus more time on each. Physical should be something like lifting weights, biking, martial arts (if you can afford the training), but pick something fun. Mental can be things like programming, mastering chess, learning a language but it must be something to challenge you. Creative is gonna be your arts, learning an instrument, singing, writing. Pick things you like to do, you'll have to take the time to try some new things or you won't know what you like.
>>
>>17009319
not OP but damn anon this is really good advice!
>>
Start reading literature or poetry. It's free, ebooks or pdfs are easily torrented or downloaded and can be viewed from so any different devices. Or you can just go to a library. It cultivates self discipline, keeps you away from the internet, improves your use of language, and expands your world view. And if you're in it for social good boy points it makes you appear more interesting to other people, but it's more about making yourself feel more interesting to yourself.
>>
>>17009263
I play Magic: the Gathering, I play an electrical piano, and I collect old coins.

My advice is, if you're interested in trying something new, start out cheap to get your feet wet so you don't blow your money if you decide that that particular hobby isn't your scene.
>>
>>17009263
1. Pick a hobby.
2. Get involved in it.
>>
>>17009308
Honestly the best way to do it is find groups on fb and look into getting into things and network.
Inb4 social awkwardness.
Yes you kinda have to immerse yourself and be a bit uncomfortable to connext with people
>>
>>17009263
Buy a 3d printer.
Make shit
Know the joy that comes from organizing reality and giving function to matter through order.
Maybe profit.

Replace step one with a lathe, or whatever tools you feel you could enjoy using.
>>
>>17009319
This is good advice and something i've been thinking of for a while.

Would learning how to free style rap count as mental?
>>
>>17009319
>Boxing
>Chess
>Harmonica
Is what I'm doing
>>
>>17011828
It'd fall between creative and mental I'd say, but more creative.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.