[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving Out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: feelthebern_o2krc4.jpg (147 KB, 1000x1021) Image search: [Google]
feelthebern_o2krc4.jpg
147 KB, 1000x1021
Looking for serious life advice.

So I'm an 18 year old girl who's been living at her boyfriend's house for the past couple months. I graduate in June. They won't let me live there past graduation and frankly I don't want too.

My single father recently quit his job to go off grid. I respected his decision and while he invited me to move with him I wanted to graduate and felt it unhealthy for me to move. I need to move into my own place but I work a minimum wage job while trying to go to school.

Has anyone been in this position before?

I'm a good kid, no drinking, no smoking, always on time for work, and gets decent grades.

I make about $600 a month but since I work in a tourist town that amount is always fluctuating. I'm so afraid of going into debt and I fear that college is out of the question. I'm thinking about picking up a second job (being a desk clerk for a hotel between 11pm and 7am).

Thoughts?
>>
File: upvote_all_the_comme_o3oue7.jpg (132 KB, 1080x1148) Image search: [Google]
upvote_all_the_comme_o3oue7.jpg
132 KB, 1080x1148
Bumping fo shit's and giggles
>>
I like the one where trump is the "last american president"

anyways, you have a fallback option of living with your dad if things go wrong, so take a change. You'll probably need to find a second job, yes, income is crucial. But if you find a place with roommates it'll be a lot cheaper to live, and you can get by pretty okay if you're willing to cut down on expenses for awhile - cheap food can be found if you cook for yourself, alternate transportation if you don't have any, etc.

There's no time like the present to become self-sufficient, give it a shot.
>>
I'm a 21 year old male in a college/tourist town thats a wageslave, making around 1400/month and I can't afford moving out yet.

So yeah, you'll definitely want another job at the very least.
>>
>>17007992
You know if you are independent and make next to nothing ( relatively) colleges will likely pay for your housing? Especially if you get decent grades.
>>
>>17007992

assuming you have no major expesnses, you should have been storing up at least 2000 dollars in savings. enough for move in costs with a new apartment.

for now, id try to set up a shared room situation for when you first get out. pick up a second job AFTER graduation (or after classes stop being so serious).

but if you dont have any money saved ur fucked. ask if you can stay for at least a month, if not the summer, just to save money for your own place once you have a second job.
>>
File: ted cruz zodiac killer.jpg (51 KB, 600x478) Image search: [Google]
ted cruz zodiac killer.jpg
51 KB, 600x478
>>17007992

>Ted Cruz
>Not First Serial Killer President
>Get Good
>>
have you ever considered joining the military?

It'll get you out of this tough situation, you wont have to worry about money for food and housing, and when you get out in 4 years they'll pay for your college.
>>
>>17007992
>first flesh eating lizard president
>not Bernie
It's like these people don't know that all reptilians are Jews, and that's why they have so much power.

Anyway, you should see if there is a way that you can apply for government help. I would not necessarily say that college is out of the question, since CC and all of that, but it might not be the best choice. I'd say that first, you should obviously worry about being financially stable. Then, you should worry about college if you choose that path, and if you do, you should seek out all the financial aid and stuff possible.

You could also find a skilled trade of some sort to do. I'm not sure where you live, but here in the US, there are a lot of trades with a lot of possibilities available, and doing them is often significantly cheaper to college. Sometimes, you can get an apprenticeship that pays you. Contrary to popular belief, trades are actually pretty good, and pay just as much as, if not more than a job that requires a college degree.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.