[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've pranked called a former employer off an on for awhile.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: Fat-Asian-Meme-10.jpg (59 KB, 500x660) Image search: [Google]
Fat-Asian-Meme-10.jpg
59 KB, 500x660
I've pranked called a former employer off an on for awhile. Eventually the company realized it was the same number when I was calling them over and over again.

Today I received a phone call from the police. I lied to them, but my lies didn't make sense. Now I'm worried about being arrested and going to prison. What should I do /b/?
>>
>>17007887
Please help. I'm freaking out. I never expected a criminal complaint to arise from this.
>>
>>17007899
Well if they call you in you better lawyer up. Hell if you can afford to do it now you should probably start talking to a lawyer.
>>
You're retarded and deserve everything coming to you because you didn't *67
>>
>>17007919
It's been several months since my last call. I lied to the police and hope they won't follow-up on it.

>>17007930
*67 doesn't work.
>>
Most of the calls were simple pranks, but at one point I yelled racial epithets into the phone. I'm not sure if I'll be charged with a hate crime.

If the police called me but didn't read me my rights or call me in for questioning, I should be okay, right?
>>
>>17007962
Alright. Just stop the calls and you will probably be fine. If the police call you again though consider talking to a lawyer.
>>
>>17007887
Worst case scenario you get a fine and community service. You won't get sent to jail for something so petty, at least not in the UK. But honestly, don't be fucking retarded in future.
>>
>>17007887
I dont understand, how do they know it was your number. Didn't you fucking use "private number" ?????
>>
>>17007984
I haven't made call in a long time. That's why I'm freaking out. It's also a federal crime, which is why being called by local police indicates something bigger. The cops knew I worked for the company.
>>
>>17007887
You deserve to go to jail.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Grow up.
Who does that? Prank calling a former employee with racial slurs??? Like holy shit dude move on with your life. I hope this is a wake up call
>>
>>17007991
I thought I did, but apparently not. My caller ID came up with each call apparently.
>>
>>17007997
They stole money from me and made me work like a slave, but I don't have proof.
>>
>>17007994
I don't know what you want from us man. Most of us are not lawyers. You should probably at least go in for consultation if you are this worried about it. At least call or something.
>>
>>17008006
Have you heard of this happening in the past?
>>
>>17008003
I don't care what they did- you sound like a psycopath.
"Worked me like a slave" suck it up you were being paid to work. Slaves weren't paid to work that's what made them slaves. If you weren't ok with the amount of work then you should have left.

"Stealing money from you" how do you not have proof of this? If they actually stole money you would 100% have proof because the payroll/finances department is required by law to record it.

You probably got fired for being an immature dumbass, and now you're "getting back at them" BY BEING AN IMMATURE DUMBASS.
>>
File: 7ba.png (126 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
7ba.png
126 KB, 500x320
>>17007899
> commits harassment multiple times
> uses trackable phone
> surprised when police are called
What did you think would happen, nigga?

The criminal case is just the beginning. The business owner can sue you for any damages you caused as a result of your harassment.

And you'd better hope to Hell and anything you hold sacred that you didn't call in a bomb threat. With all this ISIS shit going on, the Feds will throw you in a hole just for the publicity. Some rookie desk jockey will seize your computer and plant a whole bunch of Islam links. He'll get a promotion, a nice, fat raise, be the hero of his department, and you?

Face it. You're fucked.
>>
>>17007887
Relax man, if they had enough evidence to charge you and they wanted to, they would have done so already.

But they don't so the only person that can fuck this up is you.

Don't call again. If the police want to talk to you, if you're bad at lying (which you are), the best thing to do is just say nothing. You don't have to talk to them, you don't have to meet with them. If they decide to charge you for some fucked up reason, then not talking to them is doubly important. But as I said, if they were going to charge you they would have done so by now not just give you a little call. That call was probably a warning for you like: "Hey we know it's you, you better cut it out"

DONT TALK TO THE POLICE, EVER.
>>
>>17008015
A psychopath cause he made some prank phonecalls? Relax there bud. Did somebody prank you really bad or something? I'm sorry bout that.

This guy doesn't deserve jail time. What kind of spineless motherfucker calls the police because someone prank calls them? OMG they're saying mean things to me over the phone. Just hang up you idiot.
>>
>>17008056
You're right. I shouldn't have said anything, but it would've been suspicious if I hung up.

I only called back because I had applied for a job with the city and thought it was regarding that. It's been a long time since the pranks. If a police office was called, doesn't that mean there's a case already? If they have my information, know I'm a former employee and have dates and times that I called, doesn't it mean they're already filling charges?
>>
>>17007980
>If the police called me but didn't read me my rights or call me in for questioning, I should be okay, right?

No not at all. They are investigating, they wouldn't call you in the first time they probe you.
>>
>>17008071
Aside from when I said nigger a few times, the were harmless. I was acting like a little kid.
>>
>>17008092
When should I expect to be called in?
>>
Please help. I'm freaking out.
>>
Hey man don't freak out its most likely nothing and the police were just scaring you so you don't do it again
>>
>>17007887
How the fuck does that fat kid see?

Also, don't talk to the police anymore. Idiot
>>
>>17008177
That's what I thought, but they had times and dates and knew that I was a former employee. I don't know what to do. I'm speaking to an attorney this afternoon.
>>
>>17008194
Yeah. I'm an idiot. I should've known I'd get caught.
>>
Has anyone else dealt with this in the past?
>>
>>17008089
Dude suspicion is not enough to charge you. They can be as suspicious as they want lol, they're the police, it's what they do.

I doubt they're filing charges, I really do. I mean look at it this way, if they had the evidence to charge you, they would have and wouldn't have bothered to call you. If they were filing charges, they'd need evidence to do so, if they had it, they wouldn't be needing to call you to ask you about it, they could just ask you at the station after charging you. As you didn't give them any evidence through the phone call (I hope), they would need to attain more evidence to charge you and that would be kind of difficult for them to do, and they would have to conduct an investigation on it. Which they won't do over a prank phone call.

Yes they can see that you called at the times that the business got pranked, but they might have to show that it was specifically you that called and not someone that was using your phone.

They have your information, but they probably don't have enough to charge you as I've said. That's why they called to see if you would just confess to it.

There may be an investigation open, but that's all that's going to happen. You're fine man.

My experience? I was a troubled youth and had to deal with the police a lot. Smartened up as I got older, but I'm good with dealing with the police from it.
>>
>>17008270
Thanks for the compassionate and detailed response.

I told them it wasn't me and that I left my phone at home most of the time because I wasn't allowed to have it with me at work. I did tell them it was my name and my number though.

I'm almost 30. I didn't think I'd get in trouble for this because when I worked there they didn't have caller ID.

They'd have to file a warrant for my phone records unless the company sent them their own.

Are you sure I'm in the clear?
>>
>>17008284
Yes homie, calm down. I gotchu. I got stories, I got bitches, you ain't even know. And I'm not a robot.

But really you're fine. The cops don't take this that seriously. Definitely not seriously enough to get a warrant for your phone records. And yes they would need a warrant, the phone company isn't sending them all your information.

Plus, say they were to file a warrant, they would need a judge to approve that warrant. And there is no fucking way the court is going to waste their time with that, or that a judge would write off on a warrant for prank phone calls.

Come on man, stop tripping out. They called you just to scare you a little bit. Nothing more than that.
>>
>>17007887
report back to /adv/ once you know the date you have to leave for prison.
>>
>>17008071
It's called harassment, which is a crime. He did it several times, so if they want to press charges, they probably could.
>>
>>17009293
Yeah, but if they wanted to press charges, then charges would have already been pressed and the police wouldn't bother with a phone call. They'd just take him to the station and give him a court date, or take him to jail.
>>
>>17007887
Chances are you will be visited by the cops and scared a lot, but then let off with a warning. But if the company wants to press charges, you are looking at a plea bargain that gets you off with a fine, hours of community service and a big lawyer bill.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.