[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been with my girlfriend for 8 months now. She has a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Eugene Roe.gif (499 KB, 500x210) Image search: [Google]
Eugene Roe.gif
499 KB, 500x210
I've been with my girlfriend for 8 months now. She has a double major in business and is smart, kind, and very dedicated to her work. For the most part I have loved being with her, but some of her tastes and opinions are downright terrible.

>Thinks Creed was meh because "It had too much testosterone"
>Thought Anchorman was ok but was "Too random for her"
>Thinks Troll 2 is one of the funniest movies ever and is infinitely rewatchable
>Thinks that in Frozen Hans shouldn't have been a bad guy and should have ended up with Anna and the blond guy end up with Elsa
>Band of Brothers is fine but it has too much of soldiers sitting around and being introspective
>DIDN'T LIKE THE WIRE

She has had a couple of exceptions, such as getting me into TLA, but its getting a little ridiculous now.

Enough bitching /adv/, point is: what are some shit-tier opinions your S.O. has had and how do you deal with them?
>>
Every time I introduce a new show to my husband, he insists on watching every single episode back to back until it's done. It's funny at first, but gets annoying when I want to watch something else or do something with him.

Introduce new stuff to your gf OP. You complain now, but being with someone who likes everything you like would get boring fast.
>>
>Enough bitching /adv/, point is: what are some shit-tier opinions your S.O. has had and how do you deal with them?

I grew the fuck up. Something you obviously haven't done yet.
>>
>>17007716
You're well endowed in your knowledge of the fine arts of filmography, don't expect everyone will be aswell. Nonchalantly explain to her why you like (insertmovie) so much, give her the summary of why it's so awesome and it's just great. She'll either understand or pretend to understand because you explained how it's great yet she doesnt want to seem "too" stupid to understand the deeper meaning and will agree anyway ( But she'll think more deeply next time).

Win win brah
>>
>>17007716
Who likes creed, no one does not even creed likes creed
>>
>>17008128
You mean you turned into a pleb. pathetic.
>>
>>17008136
The recent movie, not the band

Derp
>>
>>17007716

i acknowledge that our lives do not need to align 100%. a girlfriend should not take up so much of my time that these things worry me. as long as they can stand my creepy stories, i dont care.

my girlfriend is an engineer. i manage an office for a psychic. as such shes a woman of science and i spend half my day talking about what the 'spirits' are up to. but we dont hang out at work so who cares.

i love super hero movies. she doenst. so i just watch them with my bro.

the problem i see with you OP is that you get offended that someone feminine isn't into 'manly' media. you are mad at her for shipping a childrens film.
>>
>>17007716

as long as she likes the taste of my cock, she can have shit tastes in anything else.
>>
>>17008139

>not caring what movies your girlfriend does or doesn't like is plebian
>but getting upset over the fact that she doesnt like your male oriented movies is totally normal
>>
I pretty much don't care about my girlfriend's own taste. We have some in common but of course we can't share the exact same opinion on everything.

I'd rather introduce her to stuff i like and that she doesn't know, and her introducing me to stuff she likes that i don't know
>>
>>17007716

I didnt go on a second date with a girl cuz she told me i 'ruined the mood' by telling her about a nightmare i had. cant deal with that. i love telling spooky stories. i love talking about nightmares. i love hearing about them. i love feeling them get tensed and scared while i hold them. and to have her say this was contradictory to romance just kinda killed all of my boners (the way i apparently killed hers).

after that i told her that i like her 'too much' and it just wouldnt work. she was a bit young so she seemed to buy it.

new girl likes hearing my stories and watching addams family.
>>
I found The Wire too hard to get into, I mean how many cop shows do we need? I'm sure it's a spectacular show, but you know, not for everyone. The real test is if she likes Deadwood or Rome. If you can't get into either of those you're just full Plebian.
My man keeps making me watch Band of Brothers it's good, war stuff just isn't my thing.
I don't know if I would say Troll 2 is 'infinitely rewatchable' BUT it's got a nostalgia factor. When it comes to stuff like that, it comes down to if you enjoyed it as a kid and stuff.
I don't think I would even care about the Frozen thing. Unless she wants to listen to the soundtrack in the car every day, I don't really think it's relevant.
>>
>>17008323
A wise mantra for the ages
>>
>>17007716
Shit tier opinions? Gf likes shows like Dance Moms and Little women LA, kill me pls
>>
>>17008476

... does your gf go by the name MrMrs2005 online? cuz she literally made a post saying she likes those shows this morning on my forum.
>>
>>17008128
Same as this guy, learn that your opinions and tastes are not the center of the universe, aka grow the fuck up
>>
My wife likes some of the typical shit directed twords women that's mainstream like the twilight series, true blood, and other stuff. She is into alot of the same stuff i am into aswell.

She loved band of brothers. Anchorman was just ok, it had its moments. Frozen is fine the way it is.
>>
>this whole fucking thread
>>
>>17008587

thats just OP. the rest of us agreed that OP needs to stop being a little bitch baby.
>>
>>17008587
If you don't think that personal taste can have some indication of compatibility you've either never been in a real relationship, or you care very little for things like film, music, or books, and that's fine, but shit like this can matter.

I could never be with someone who liked country music or Adam Sandler movies.
>>
>>17008593

>could never be

thats so close minded. you can be in a serious relationship and have different tastes. most people do.

sure if you plan to never spend a moment aloen and intend to ditch all of your friends, your gf should like everything you like.

my dad likes addam sandler movies and country music. I simply dont watch adam sandler movies with him. I love scary movies and he doent. he simply doesnt watch them with me.

granted, you arent fucking your dad (or you probably are, i dont know) but the same logic can apply to anyone else you live(d) with for 18 years.

do what you do enjoy together together. if you are already in a relationship with that person its implied you found SOME way to pass the time together. my gf doesnt like super hero movies. so i just watch em with my friends.
>>
>>17008609
I didn't say you have to have the same taste. I'm saying there are deal breakers.
>>
>>17008593
There's some good country music out there man, but I agree with hating Adam Sandler. I cannot understand how people find him or his movies remotely decent
>>
>>17008617
Also there's a difference between family you have no choice in, and someone you're going to potentially decide to be with for a large chunk of your life or have kids with.
>>17008618
As far as country, I can abide some Johnny Cash or Hank Williams, patsy cline, super old school has some value, but I haven't ever heard anything contemporary worth a shit.
>>
>>17008617

i agree. one of my posts i said my girl needs to at least be comfortable with talking about spooky stuff. but thatts different then OPs problem which is him mad that his gf doesn't like traditonally masculine media.
>>
File: eyerol.jpg (161 KB, 499x474) Image search: [Google]
eyerol.jpg
161 KB, 499x474
>>17008617
>consumable media/entertainment
>muh deal breakers

Get the fuck over yourself. If you want to make "stop liking what I don't like" the rock to founder your relation-ships on, be my guest, but that is breathtakingly myopic. Things that are dealbreakers are actual, real important issues. Like views on monogamy/fidelity, whether your spending habits align (spendthrift vs. saver), how you deal with family, whether or not you want children, how you communicate, how/whether they support you during a health/job/life crisis, and so on. I mean, say you had a choice between some person who loved everything you loved but cheated on you non-stop and wouldn't even pass you a tissue if you got sick, versus someone who only maybe liked one or two of the same things but was a kind decent person who had your back? You're honestly saying you would pick a shitty person with the same taste in stupid consumable entertainment over a decent person with different taste?
>>
>>17008638

It's certainty more than that, such as me mentioning Frozen.

But for the most part, you guys are right. I appreciate the feedback and know I should learn to get over myself and be more accepting of my gf's opinions.
>>
>>17007716
god i wanna marry ur gf, she seems perfect.
>>
I couldn't be with someone that doesn't think Band of Brothers is the greatest piece of art every created. Followed only by The Pacific.

She can like or hate anything else. She would have to have shit tastes to not find Speirs the sexiest man to ever live.
>>
>>17009822

She is pretty into Roe's Cajun accent actually, can't really blame her.
>>
>>17007716
You haven't quoted any opinions of hers that I can disagree with.
>>
>>17007716
One girl was into really shitty comedy and had no knowledge of or interest in history, philosophy, politics, or literature.
Not really sure how we had as much fun around each other as we did being so different in our interests, but I think it was largely due to both of us being willing to at least put up with the other's likes and dislikes.
I think it's a testament to how much I liked her that I just stopped caring that she really wasn't someone I ever expected myself to be interested in.
>>
>>17008315
>i manage an office for a psychic
why
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.