[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get a call from a job i applied for >kind of a well payed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1420110884498.jpg (92 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
1420110884498.jpg
92 KB, 710x508
>get a call from a job i applied for
>kind of a well payed help desk operator
>its in English

Holy fuck, English is my second language, i am pretty good when in comes to conversing with people, but that interview is tomorrow and just trying to rehearse some sort of a speech is having me barely putting sentences together.

Please give me some advice how to not fuck up an interview, especially since English isnt even my native tongue.
>>
Fuck all the BS. You got this bro, I believe in you.
>>
Second language huh, well say if you were talking to a friend who only spoke english, could you have a decent conversation and be fine?
If so, don't stress it, actually doing so will probably make you more likely mess up.
If you aren't very fluent in english, perhaps look up job interview videos and get down some of the standards, then be content. Don't fret, just wait until tomorrow and do your best.
>>
>>17007279
Easier said then done, im freaking the fuck out.

>>17007321
I can hold a good conversation with the few people i actually use it with, i dont have that much of a conversational experience when it comes to stuff that isnt gaming or tv shows or whatever.
>>
>>17007260
You don't need a speech prepared, just have a few answers ready for questions you know will be asked, be yourself and answer the others to the best of your ability, and have a few questions for the end of the interview. Like anon said, you got this.

Standard advice for interviews is as follows: well before the interview get hydrated and take some vitamins, on the day of, work out, fap, and cold shower. Have some good tubes to listen to on the way over. You'll feel so good that you won't even care that you won't even care if you get the job or not. Which will make for a great interview. You'll do fine, OP
>>
>>17007336
Tunes* not tubes
>>
>>17007333
Well as said if you feel you need to brush up for the interview, go right ahead and dive into some stuff regarding interview conversations/questions.
I think you got this though. Best of luck tomorrow.
>>
>>17007260
English is also my second language, and my company put me in charge of this interview tomorrow with some dipshit for this help desk position, I'm pretty nervous too.
>>
>>17007336
Good advice but, the interview is kinda tomorrow, so theres little time to prepare myself boy and soul. Which might be why im freaking out in the first place.

>>17007344
Thanks.

>>17007361
Kek.
>>
>>17007377
Fuck
*body and soul

They literally called me in the middle of a car ride today and told me to come in tomorrow for the said interview.
>>
File: 144123151221.jpg (65 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
144123151221.jpg
65 KB, 1200x675
>>
File: reality.gif (516 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
reality.gif
516 KB, 320x180
Dude, don't sweat it. Last time I talked to a person who spoke English as a first language when I called a help desk, well, that was when cell phones were about the size of a phone book.
>>
>>17007260
All things considered, I'd rather not have to deal with a help desk operator not fluent in English.
>>
Where from OP?
Don't worry, if they want you for an interview that's a great sign.
I work in my 2nd language and I'm not fluent however I can easily do my job and that is all my boss cares about.
If i make some grammar mistakes here and there, nobody cares.
And if anyone does, fuck them, you are working in a foreign language. Are they??
Don't worry.
>>
>>17007491
>spaghetti
>>
File: 1454413008823.png (192 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1454413008823.png
192 KB, 400x400
>>17007500
Well thats kinda reassuring, i do believe im more fluent then the stereotypical Indian that you get when you call up a help desk, im certainly more fluent in any case.

>>17007506
Fair enough.

>>17007516
Serbia. Thanks for the pep talk. I guess any interview is kinda scary, one in a foreign language even more so. Im just really hoping to get in cause its nice pay considering the shitty standards where i currently live. And im not too keen on going back selling clothes and shoes for a beggars pay.
>>
>>17007547
REMOVE KEBAB BROTHER
REMOVE KEBAB
>>
File: 1413399101015.jpg (19 KB, 429x645) Image search: [Google]
1413399101015.jpg
19 KB, 429x645
>>17007562
Cant remove kebab on an empty stomach anon. Hence the job search.
>>
>>17007377
In a short amount of time get phytonutrients(some kind of spinach berry yoghurt smoothie, salad) and may be a laxative to lighten up your stomach. Keep you comfortable for the interview, also Gatorade. I strongly believe in the whole body wellness factor being helpful with sharp mental focus in situations like these. Good luck, OP
>>
>>17007626
I should specify if you choose some kind of laxative do it today, not tomorrow
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.