[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic somewhat related I'm a 20 year old college student.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
Pic somewhat related

I'm a 20 year old college student. I've been skipping class and now I am goi g to fail my first class. I'm just not interested in Fiction writing. I'm barely supporting myself and am going to have to move back to my parents. I'm not motivated in school. I never have been. I've just been doing the bare minimum to pass w/ Bs and Cs and occasional A.

I'm depressed.
There is so much I want to do. I know there is a passionate hard working person inside me. I want to do something. I want a job that I love doing. Maybe something with the environment. I just want to do something great.

Where do I start ?
>>
>I'm just not interested in Fiction writing
That's not a real degree and nobody will hire you after you're done with it.
Drop it immediately and move back in with mum and dad then figure out something else to do.

Or maybe just become NEET. Whatever.
>>
>>17007031
What's NEET lol

My major is writing but I might switch to comm or sociology cause I will graduate sooner
>>
If you want to work with the environment, they have classes for that. Meet with your advisor.
>>
>>17007034
>sociology
Holy shit dude.
You should consider buying this.
http://www.amazon.com/Worthless-Young-Persons-Indispensable-Choosing/dp/1467978302
>>
>>17007062
Actually just read the top customer review.
He has written all the relevant information.
>>
>>17007022
>major in writing

People have written good books for fucking ever without writing degrees.

If you want to focus on writing and stuff, then do a Philology. You´ll get a very fucking strong grasp of everything related to languages, specifically the one you´re studying. You´ll read a lot of good literature. And, to top it off, you´ll still be quite employable, if you´re good and play your cards right.

Consider changing.

Still, this is nothing new. Many lose track and fall down after arriving to college. You just need determination. Keep pushing through it and eventually you´ll make it through. It doesn´t matter you don´t have motivation to work. Motivation comes and go. Determination is what keeps you there when it´s not so pretty and shiny anymore.

The sooner you finish that subject, the sooner it´ll be gone.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.