[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop getting stressed so easily? I get so stressed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image%3A234995.jpg (24 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image%3A234995.jpg
24 KB, 500x281
How do I stop getting stressed so easily?

I get so stressed literally everyday even over the littlest things and it triggers severe itching on my body and spots. I don't like this at all and I usually try to be calm but even when I seemingly am, I end up getting stressed one way or the other.
>>
dont sweat the small stuff. I mean im not perfect but try not to worry about the little things it will kill you in the long run. Especially if you over analyze everything.
>>
>>17006775
It's hard since its easier said than done. I try not to but life and everything just crumbles down on me making me so stressed. It's hard to fix the procrastination and the lack of motivation which leads to high amounts of stress. I don't wanna seem like a weirdo in public by scratching myself non stop
>>
>>17006758
CBT
>>
Learn how to meditate. It is VERY hard to do it well, sure, but the more you try, the better you can feel.
Clear you mind - breath - in through the nose, out through the mouth - deeply in, normally out - try to clear your head - HARDEST thing in the world - think about your hand, yoyr fingers, your toes - everytime a thought goes into your head, tell it NO! And concentrate on the feeling of your breath. Little by little, that will become easier.
ALSO, each time something pops into your head, those "this is what is should do" "this is what I should have done" "this stressed me out" "why does this happen" etc things pop in your head, as soon, then ignore it. Don't do that story anymore. Stop the tought, think of your breathing
It will keep creeping back in, stop it again, think about the breathing in your lungs.

It takes time. It take effort. But it is possible.
>>
I posted the last post. I'm a scratcher too. I stress too.
My little tiny help: an elastic band around my wrist.
It is something that when I get anxious, stressed out, whatever, I wrap it around my finger, unwrap, wrap again, etc. It gives my hands something to do. That isn't too too obvious to other people.
Or wear a ring you can twist.
Something small
>>
>>17006758
I find it that martial arts help me with day to day routine.
And it's easier to concentrate on than plain meditation.

you can try either. Shit works in ways you wouldn't expect.
>>
>>17006758
You sound like me. My main stressors are unavoidable and because reacting to them doesn't accomplish anything, I carry all this with me then compensate by overreacting to the small stuff. You need to melt down until you find a more constructive outlet. Like in the woods somewhere. It's extremely satisfying and clarifying. Just start screaming and breaking shit or whatever you have to. But you need to work it out.
>>
>>17006969
I tried mediation a few weeks back but I didn't stick to it. I'll definitely try get back into it. Thanks

>>17006973
I'll try look Into it and see if I can get something to distract myself with.

>>17006982
I wish to start a martial arts however I have no time to currently though I plan to start going to gym again. As like in my first response I'll get back into meditation.

>>17006998
Sadly no nearby woods here where I live but I'll definetlt try find a constructive outlet.
>>
>>17006982
I said meditation, but yes, something like martial arts, yeah, that's similar in its effects.
It take you out of your "head" thoughts, makes something productive.
Good idea!
>>
>>17007012
If you want to fix things, do the whole lot of it. Put your mind out there and just do it. It is the "doing it" part that is always the hardest. Push yourself to "do" and then the rest should come
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.