[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should i do. Im INTP. We are atoms that can perceive their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: 75910457.jpg (103 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
75910457.jpg
103 KB, 385x385
What should i do.
Im INTP. We are atoms that can perceive their fucking existence. Im not interested in living in western society. its not like i hate it or any bullshit like that, it just doesnt appeal to me. I look through social dynamics so easily. Why does it all have to be rated, made good and bad. These are nonexistential things. I feel like im living among a dumb herd thats desperate for doing what they have learned all their live: Do what they are said. It doesnt anger me. It doesnt depress me, since it just is. But i still dont want to be part of it, or live among it, as im currently doing. The whole deal of getting a job, rent etc. is just of no apppeal to me. Dont get me wrong, im no leftist or shit like that. I defy such systems in general. In the end, all i have to do as a "living" creature is to die. Everything else is "choice". Understanding determinism has changed my mind. Now i want to change my life. Or rather, have the illusion that im changing it, but it is actually a change since its leading to other actions and consequences, but others have lead here to... You see, thats my mind.
So where and how to live ? Have thought about going to some tropical/3rd world country and just living off grid and of my savings. I dont care about hardships. Comfort is at the bottom of my list.
>>
Teach English in Japan or Korea.
>>
>>17006083
I feel exactly the same way, except I'm questioning how I can even continue senior year of HS, I just can't get myself do jump through hoops in the system. I don't know what to do either, and I'm running out of time to decide. If I could I would leave HS, leave the whole system, and do my own thing, but I have no clue where to start or where it will lead to.
>>
This is the curse of INT. I am J. I think you have it a bit easier because you aren't as judgemental
>>
>>17006107
Well you can do that, but how to start is the hard thing. And thats how its intended to be, or anyone would just wander of and live in a hut by the sea. The illusion that you cant do these things, and that the people that do it are sooo special, thats what keeps most at home.
>>
>>17006079
If comfort is down at the bottom of your list of priorities, then what is near the top? Personal development? Intellectual property? Freedom from social conventions?

>ENTP/ENTJ
>>
>>17006147
*intellectual development?
>>
>>17006146
I'm sure I could do it, but where to go, what I need to know before leaving this, what I physically need to have to get started, It just has me lost.
>>
>>17006147
Just... Existing, i guess. Free of the influence of others and their conventions. Doing the things i want. Now that doesnt mean driving around in a Lamborghini. It just means that i decide when i rise from bed, i decide if i want to go out, i decide if i want to do some work, i decide how i spend my day. Now at first one may ask why i would be ready to leave society for this, since so many "options" fall short. But ill rather do what i want with these.
>>
>>17006169
So you are looking for isolation? I cannot see any alternative to this besides living a tribal lifestyle. But are you sure that this is what you think? This goal seems extremely idealistic.
>>
>>17006192
*That this is what you want?

The autocorrect on my phone is fucking shitty
>>
>>17006192
A tribal lifestyle wouldn't be ideal for you, wither, since it is so simplistic in comparison. However, there is a possibility that this simplicity would be ideal for you as it would be difficult for you to adapt to, but I feel as if it would be even worse.

How old are you
>>
>>17006079
INTP here, I know where those thoughts come from. Our personality was evolution's problem-solver back in the hunter gatherer days, we were gifted with an acute ability to discover truth. It sounds great but you didn't expect to be disadvantaged in the way you interact with society. What you have to realize is that the bullshit you see in so many of our human conventions may be bullshit, but it keeps stability, regardless of what an ideal society for the individual looks like, you need to see that stable social structures for people like getting a job and getting married are necessary for this reason. In other words if you learn to shut up that truth-seeker inside you, if only when thinking about society, accept the bullshit like everyone else, you will make it much further in life.
>>
>>17006192
If we want to call it isolation... I dont categorize like that. But yes, seems like it. But what you have to understand is that im not like some dude who proclaims that he wants to be a hermit now. This is just the way i want to be, and it has taken me countless hours of thinking to get here. Idealistic as it may seem, im not following any ideals. Its my mind. It also is far from impossible, if i may get a point to start.
>>
>>17006211
I agree with you that this is a very effective society. Perhaps, the most effective one in human history, since everyone, from the filth in the streets to the manager believes in it and keeps it going. But why should i shut up the truth seeker ? I dont want to teach anyone else, its not making me feel bad, its not giving me depression. I just dont want to live this way, thats it. Also "making it further in life" is just from the viewpoint of that very society, so nothing for me.
>>
>>17006207
Im 20 years old.
>>
>>17006232
Making it further in life is a viewpoint, but its the viewpoint of the people and groups that dominate most of the world relevant to you. Dipping out to live as a mountain man in the wilderness does remove you from these standards (hell I think about it quite a bit) but I don't see it being worth all of the great things I could potentially have otherwise. And I don't know about you but thinking about these great things is a constant contrast to the truth seeker and it depresses me, that's why I shut him up.
>>
>>17006211
Intellectuals and problem solvers are only useful to society in times of crisis or when something that most people are not mentally capable or driven enough to do needs done. Most people don't think the way that you do, or even consider the possibilities that you do. I disregard social norms, but I do so externally through my actions.

>learn to shut up that "truth-seeker" inside of you
This is very sound advice. Many people of this personality type become so immersed in their ideas and thoughts that they often ignore the practicality or value of them.

If you can accept the bullshit that occurs in your society and life, then you are one step closer to using it to your advantage. The fact that you have the ability to see things logically could be extremely useful to you if you knew how to channel it in a way that is more practical.
>>
>>17006236
So you're still young, and probably in college. Why waste your time thinking about this shit? What benefit does it have to you? If it is not something that is currently within the realm of possibility, why do you even bother wasting your time thinking about this? It has no real benefit to you unless you have the ability to follow through with them.

I have several real life friends of this personality type, and they spend their time thinking about the most impractical and ludicrous shit despite being otherwise intelligent people. It drives me insane, because some of their ideas are based around their own preferences and knowledge, meaning that much of it is missing, and the idea is not realistic.

I believe your current mindset regarding society is ridiculous as well, at least until you have the resources to follow through with this plan. While this idea is interesting, is it really beneficial to you to waste your time thinking of something that is never going to happen?
>>
>>17006356
Because there are no things here that catch my interest. Now the typical answer to that would be "dude get a hobby". But i dont expect that answer from you desu. No computer, no girlfriend, no clothes, no internet, not the most expensive car i could possibly afford could give me any positive feeling. I have tried it. I was successful and pushed up the social ranks. But it was nothing to me, just more time spent on temporarily trying to like this lifestyle. I fully agree that with 99% of people that think like this, your advice is the best they could ever get. But im not one of them. Im not in college either, something like that doesnt exist here. Im living at my parents home. In regards of impracticality, i fully agree with you too, since most of the people just daydream about flying of to deepspace. But im ready to board that plane and go off. Im just merely trying to get more ideas and input, and i get it !
>>
I'm quite interested in this thread, but I'm reading it on mt phone and I'm tired.
Tomorrow, I'll come back and read it fully but:

How does one determine his intelligence type?
I hope this helps me out, cause I've been lost at moral matters since some years ago, refusing to categorize stuff into just 'good' or 'bad' and some other shit.

Any recommended readings about existentialism, nihilism or how to find peace with your inner self (besides nietzsche), would be apreciated.
>>
>>17006422
The only thing i can advice is thinking. And a good friend. It gets you much deeper than any book can get. And, it also is a much more in depth, as you draw conclusions yourself. You will be amazed how much you can discover just by logical thinking. Ask yourself intelligent questions. Think logical and rational. What are morals ? Nonexistent. What is good and bad ? Nonexistent. All nothing but contraptions of the human mind.
>>
Awww, is it babby's first existential crisis?
>>
>>17006422
Research and test-taking. I don't actually support the theory.

The one I took rated them on a scale of 1 to 5, and this is how my top 3 were:

Logical-mathematical: 4.74
Linguistic: 4.24
Interpersonal: 4.14
>>
>>17006079
you are spoiled and privliged. Yeah, go live in a third world country, that will rub your edges off.
>>
>>17006707
>doesnt like western way of life, isnt interested in materialistic things whatsoever
>spoiled and privileged

May be right, but it enables to *choose* if you want these things.
>>
>>17006079
Omg guys. Finally I've found those people who think and function exactly like I do. I felt so out of place even if I always knew that it's genetically NOT possible for me to be alone in this world.

There was a time, I think it was in my puberty ages, that I nearly lost my mind over this. Then suddenly it became clear (that day I nearly killed myself by accident with self harm).

I wanted to live. I liked my human self. I liked the world, the nature, the sky, the seasons everything (I have a thing for art and am artsy myself). I liked to know I'll eventually die someday. Until then I decided to love my human needs and feelings, anger, fear, love, lust, wanting to have a partner, offspring. And I love my family. As for society, I can accept them and think a few other humans are quite funny and interesting. But I don't have lots of friends of course. Most of them I meet like twice a year and a couple is very good friends with me and my husband so we see them like every other weekend. We like to game together.

Politics? I'll never be able to accept that shit. It's fucking disgusting manipulative and unfair. How can you even think something like democraty will work out if 90% of humans are dumb as fuck and have completely shit opinions? Economy? I'll never understand the imaginary logics behind money work and materials. As for me, I can accept to be shackled by these. So be it... Can still live with it.

I just turned 30 now, I found my soul partner 12 years ago. We married when I was 20 and he was 23. He isn't exactly like we are. But he's the same kind of intelligent people like us, but quite sweet and spiritual. He has what I lack, he completes me.
We have three kids and are absolutely in bliss. Raising the kids can be hard at times but I'm very happy with that kind of challenge.
Now we aim for buying our own house. Saving up, living life and achieving one goal at a time we are happy :)
>>
>>17006764
I thought so too. Im fortunate that i have a friend i know since i can think that thinks like me, but i nearly lost my mind too. Really makes you think there is noone else out there. As for democracy, its not suppossed to work out. It enables a small class to rule the others; even if they are elected, they are still the rulers. Choose your ruler (and owner)... Never saw an appeal in that.
>>
>>17006772
I feel the same thing with how the universe works. How small and insignificant we are. Maybe like 99% of atoms in the universe are non organic. And only because we're aware that we exist we think we're better than the rest. Man we are just as a planet and suns are. It's so hilarious every time I remember how big and important humans think they are. Nevertheless I love what I am, I love that I exist. I am thankful for my mother she decided to give birth to me. I love the fact that I am a very small piece of the gigantic picture. I love that I am limited to my lifspan. I will live. And I know there is much more intelligent alien life very probably even living beside us on this planet. My sister saw some small head sized gadget of theirs for a few seconds right before it bend space-time to take off. She was like fourteen and I was twelve, sitting upstairs drawing something that time.
>>
>>17006826
It was like 3 metres away hovering completely silent above the ground before her eyes in the warm summer night. And it took of with rainbow coloured light following it, within a hundreds of a second, as silent as before. Even though there were two aunts of mine with her, when they told us what just happened, I couldn't believe, I was just too scared to. I thought they want to scare us so they made it up. But with full seriousness over the years they always said the same. I fully believed her after a little while. I accept the truth and what we are.
>>
>>17006079
You just need meaning, purpose, and direction. Your mental strengths are worse than useless without a target - they are outright damaging.

The greatest irony of INTP's is that they abhorr structure and boundaries but they cannot function properly without them.

Think of INTPs as Nuclear Reactors. Properly contained and maintained, the reactor functions well to create massive amounts of clean energy. Poorly contained and maintained however results in meltdown. Energy is also released, but it's chaotic and destructive.

This is YOU. This is ME. We both hate "the system" but if we can find a way to work within its boundaries, or create some new ones of our own, we are capable of doing great things.
>>
>>17006079
Bro, lay on the floor. Put some good headphones in. Chill and listen to some Allen Watts.

Then decide what you must do.
>>
>>17006936
Just now ive googled intp. Wooow everything makes sense now. Once i've made an IQ thingy online and hit like 136 points if I'm correct. It said something about philosophist and math genius. It kinda mached (i got my job because i was the only one to be able to solve the logic question at the very end) but I still laughed my ass off, didn't take it seriously. I don't even have a decent degree. I've only had secondary school followed by 3 year apprenticeship in IT (German education system before everything went downhill and now only masters and doctoral degree matter). I'm
>>17006764
>>17006826
>>17006854
It was nice doing my job but not fulfilling. Like I told I'm artsy and will only ever be happy in something like that. Now I'm in my mother's leave from work and some days more than others I wish so hard for winning the lottery. Just a few millions, enough to have a nice life were I could travel the world a bit, buy my own house which now is almost unattainable (I live in Munich), and never have to work again, neither my husband. I'd draw, paint and and write all day long, go to Japan and Korea just for the food, go to the fanciest restaurants, play with the kids all day, go to trips like disneyland and so on with them and play vidya (hyrule warriors). I'd watch southpark which can be so hilarious sometimes, watch walking dead and big bang theory. Sometimes if I'm too stressed I dream about that, getting rich. it helps me feel better instantly even if it's just a dream :)

Thank you anons for this thread. You made me feel as a part of a group, even if my whole life I've felt as a loner together with my lovely husband.
>>
>>17007105
Sorry I kinda hijacked the thread with my boring stories. Just ignore it, if you like to. Everyone else thanks for listening to my blabbering :)
>>
Fucking hell, getting connection errors out the ass and I lost a somewhat lengthy post. Kinda bummed out about that kek.

I was just writing to say I'm another fellow INTP and I share a lot of the feelings described in the thread. Some nice advice in here that I'd never considered before. Thanks anons, wish you all well.
>>
This entire thread is autistic as fuck.

First off, the MBTI is like a horoscope for nerds. It is not a legitimate classification of personalities.

Second, OP, your post was cringey as fuck. You seem like a retarded 12 year old. Grow up.
>>
How about trying to develop a personality instead of trying to fit into four simple letters give to you by a flawed and unscientific personality test?

The MBTI is astrology for nerds.
>>
>>17007199
Nooo anon please write down again? I wanted to read that.
>>
>>17007252
>>17007330
It seems autistic to you because you can't understand. I didn't even know until today there was a classification thing going on from whatever this MBTI is. (I'm too lazy to Google it)
>>
>>17006079
>im so special
>guis
>oi guise
>hey
>guise
>guise look
>hey look
>guise hey
>look at this
>guise look
>look at how special I am
>guise?

No
>>
>>17007252
This. It is sad to see fear so entwined with pride. Better than everyone everywhere, he supposes, but still trying to flee from them.

>B-because I just c-can't stand their inferiority.

Indeed.
>>
>>17007416
>im intpowwjdjen
>didnt know there were scales

Dude you're so special you got an extra chromosome.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-07-10-38-11.png (62 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-07-10-38-11.png
62 KB, 480x854
Huh, thought I was going to come out INTP, came out ENTJ-A.

Maybe I'm supposed to take all of these free thinkers and make a think tank out of them.
>>
>>17007416
So you admit that you're ignorant as fuck and don't even know what you're talking about, but somehow we are the ones who don't understand?

Piss off, kiddo. This site is 18+
>>
>>17006120

I usually get either INTP or INTJ. So not only do I notice people, I judge them relentlessly.
>>
>>17006220

Become a monk. You don't even have to believe in religion, you can take that.
>>
>>17006485

Could you link the test you used. I did that a multiple intelligence test in college last year that said I should become a surgeon, but I don't think that suits me and I'd like to try it again.
>>
>>17006079
Oh boy, here we go. Babbies first existential crisis.
>we're only atoms it means nothing
>what's happening to my body?
>why am i growing hair down THERE?!

you'll be fine op. Just get through it by doing what you enjoy.
>>
>>17007433
>>17007470
>*sob* they're leaving me out if their special club *sob* I'm gonna be mean to them
>>
>>17007766
Should be this one: https://www.16personalities.com/
>>
>>17006936
This. I like this. Finding a way to survive in the system or creating a new system is my weakest point however.
>>17007739
>How to become a monk?
>>
I feel a bit similar OP, I'm leaving in a month for a backpacking/hiking trip until I want to go home again. Maybe you could do something like that as well, say fuck it and leave everything behind, depend on yourself, work on farms or something when you need money.
>>
I don't know the accuracy for the MBTI test but I have tested as INTP so I can probably related. My advice would be just to learn the system that the world plays and thus out play the system itself and profit from it because no matter where you go the system will follow you,like it or not.So pick the country to prefer to live,live the life you want whether a creator,teacher,musician etc but remember these places are pretty much the same the only thing different is you.
>>
>>17009720
OP wants to be free from the system since he does not want to be a part of it.
>>
>>17009737
He's need a spaceship for that or just join some village in the countryside, simple life.
>>
>>17009778
but even there things are still the same just at a smaller scale.
>>
>>17006454
It's funny because I've already done that.
Almost everything I think and what I could call my "values" are somewhat the conclusion of years of logical thinking and introspection.
But, at the same time, I'm continously thinking and debating those thoughts in my mind, so they're always prone to change.

I agree in what you said and have come to those conclusions all by myself (of course, all of our thoughts and stuff come from our past experiences, which include reading and hearing other stuff, but still...)
>What are morals ? Nonexistent. What is good and bad ? Nonexistent. All nothing but contraptions of the human mind.

That's why I think I am a nihilist, but I really want to read books about these matters.
Knowing what others think could always broaden your horizons.
Discusing with other people sometimes makes me see stuff at different points of view and that changes my conceptions of what I thought was logical and right.
>>
>>17009900
Your really peering into the abyss with the MBTI alittle too hard OP.
>>
>>17009917
You know what it is right ? Its a form of categorizing and making it easier to understand (or not, as it seems). Hes not overplaying the role of "INTP", but "INTP" describes what his mind is like. I dont think it works like you thought.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.