[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My wife, who is pregnant, has a coworker in the office who refuses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
My wife, who is pregnant, has a coworker in the office who refuses to stop using a perfume which is very irritating to my wife's sensitive sense of smell. The coworker got really pissed when asked to stop using the perfume and said the office doesn't belong to my wife and nobody has to do anything for her because she's pregnant, etc.

The boss will be notified of what happened of course, and I assume they will resolve the situation with him somehow,... but I'm wondering for the moment what rights my wife has?
>>
>>17004780
the coworker is a woman, btw
>>
>>17004780
Your wide is being a self-righteous cunt and has no rights to make anyone else change for her convenience
>>
>>17004788
Kind of going to have to agree with this, though not as extreme.
>>
just tell her " what if it were poop?"
>>
>>17004780

none. she is asking someone to do her a favor. its not anyone elses fault she has a sensitive nose. the other co worker is being a cunt of course, but yeah.
>>
I did a quick google search and the first hit says it's not recommended to wear perfume while pregnant. At least find out from a doctor.

The co-worker sounds like a retard. Can your wife move where she works for a while? Like find someone to swap desks?
>>
Tell her to do that thing Pam does in the office and openly vomit in front of the coworker.
>>
>>17004780
no one has to do shit for your wife. Do you honestly think whining to her boss is going to help? Are you fucking 6?

The coworker is a cunt. Going to the boss who can't do fuckall about it is just going to make her spray on MORE perfume in spite.

fucking ask again politely, make a deal. bring her fucking cookies or weed or something. Whining like a child to an adult isn't going to solve your problem.
>>
>>17004814
>Can your wife move where she works for a while? Like find someone to swap desks?

Good point, she will probably try that.
>>
>>17004780
Your wife's coworker is right. The world is not revolving around her fat god holly self. If anything, just ask a doctor to diagnostic her with serious nauseas so she can get a sickness leave and do everyone a favor by sparing them her obese and smug presence.
>>
Was your wife shitty about it? Honestly, the coworker is in the right about this, even if she was a cunt. No one is required to change their behavior, including their hygiene, for your wife's delicate nose.

I've been pregnant in an all-female work environment, myself. It sucks, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and pick your battles.
>>
The co-worker is right...

>wahhhhhh your perfume doesn't smell good to me, stop wearing it!
>Uh okay, I don't need to stop wearing it because the office doesn't belong to you. Just because your pregnant doesn't mean I have to do what you say
>WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ME AND MY HUSBAND ARE GOING TO COMPLAIN TO OUR BOSS THAT YOU AREN'T OBEYING ME
>>
Your co-worker had every right to bitch out your self-entitled wife.
>>
> The coworker got really pissed when asked to stop using the perfume

Well no fucking shit. How would you like it if some selfrighteous bitch asked you to stop wearing your deodorant/cologne?
>>
she has none. the perfume her coworker is wearing, however obnoxious/overpowering it is, isn't affecting her pregnancy. if anything, she should just move herself away from said coworker. pregnancy can be a free bitch pass sometimes but this is stupid and your wife is acting entitled as fuck.
>>
>wife can't handle simple social conflict by herself

give her abortion meds in secret and then dump her
>>
>>17004780

>rights

Your "rights" are things that YOU are allowed to do. Choices that YOU are allowed to make. So you're not asking if your wife has "rights" in this situation, you're asking if she's allowed to restrict another person's rights.

Your wife has the right to avoid the other girl if she doesn't like the perfume. She does not have the right to enforce her preferences on others.
>>
>>17004780
If you've asked him and he told you to get fucked, you really don't have any choices.
>>
>>17004871
>Was your wife shitty about it?

From what she told me, no.

Anyway, thanks for your and a few others' helpful responses.
>>
>>17005078
which of course means that she was
>>
ACTUALLY

Your employer has a certain degree of responsibility for making sure your work environment is reasonably comfortable/non-harsh/safe. The scent thing can fall in to that area and there IS precedence where an employer was sued because an employee was allergic to a particular scent and the employer did nothing to alleviate it. In that particular case was deemed basically that it fell under non-compliance with the Americans With Disabilities Act (because of how extreme her reaction to that scent was).

I'm not saying she should get litigious, but she SHOULD talk to her supervisor/boss, explain the situation, and see if they can move her or do something about it, because they do have some power/responsibility when it comes to this kind of thing (incidents like these are why a lot of companies have specific clauses in their employee contracts about work attire and scents)

http://www.obermayer.com/blog/must-employers-provide-a-fragrance-free-workplace/
http://www.askamanager.org/2012/11/can-my-office-ban-fragrances-in-the-workplace.html
>>
>>17005093
That only really applies if someone has an allergy, or like in one of those links, has some sort of medical condition that can be triggered by a scent. Something permanent. If the coworker has always been wearing it, then they're not really going to go and tell her not to anymore.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.