[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Douchebag housemates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1459803298826.jpg (39 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459803298826.jpg
39 KB, 540x720
So my housemates are all slobs. They let the sink overfill with dirty dishes, let the trash pile up, and never clean up any of the common areas. Multiple times, I've cleaned all of their dishes (I don't use the shared dishes any more), cleaned the whole kitchen, and lately I've been taking out the trash regularly.

But the sink is disgusting, and last weekend when I made myself some food, I couldn't even wash the pot I used because there was no room. I politely asked that they wash them, and they basically told me to do it. I told them that wasn't going to fly.

4 days after asking and they're still piled up. How do I give them the kick in the ass that they need without permanently burning myself?
>>
>>17003273
There's no easy way to do this, it's a shit scenario. All I can recommend to you is stop doing their dishes, instead get a box or something that you can put in your kitchen, and when they leave dirty dishes around move them into the box. When they ask why say it's because it annoys you when you can't get to the sink/counter because of their stuff. They may think you're weird but whatever. Good luck.

p.s. don't know how you found these people, but if they are your friends then you could try working the guilt route, i.e. 'look guys, I don't want to be an arsehole but I seriously hate living in a place this messy, please help me out.'
>>
>>17003283
I may try this. But that doesn't help the fact that the kitchen is a fucking mess. The stove and floor is covered in patches of oil because they don't clean up after they cook. They don't respect me enough to listen when I ask them to pull their weight.
>>
Don't clean their dishes. Get your own plates, cutlery etc. and fill a tub with hot water to wash your stuff in.
>>
>>17003273
Move.
>>
I left a note for my roommate one time, saying
"Maggots have hatched in your science experiment in the kitchen. You should catch them before they escape, or all your hard work will have been for nothing"

From that day forward, the kitchen was spotless.
If that doesn't work, call the health department.
>>
Whatever is in the sink just put it on the counter next to the sink, leave it there and proceed to wash your dishes. Anything that is left in there just do the exact same thing.

That's what I did in a similar situation. Eventually one of them will give up because they will want food.
>>
>>17003366
This. Get the fuck out of that place. 3 slags all relying on you to do everything and see that you have done everything wont change.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.