[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started my first job a week ago and I want to quit. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1449651097659.jpg (717 KB, 1336x4460) Image search: [Google]
1449651097659.jpg
717 KB, 1336x4460
I started my first job a week ago and I want to quit. It's very stressful and demanding and there's no room for mistakes. Each day there's three new things I'm given a brief explanation of, and then left with until I'm finished hoping I didn't fuck anything huge up.
The complication is that my parents want me to have a job, and this is the most convenient because my dad works there too and we only have one car.
I don't know what to do in this situation. I'm so fucking exhausted. I don't want to do it anymore.
>>
welcome to real life kiddo
>>
>>17003208

it's not getting better unless you like your job

but you've got a chance to develop a good work ethic, so take it as a challenge

can you not ask them questions? I always ask when I don't understand something, because it benefits both me and my employer - little less speculation, little more action

how old are you?
>>
haha anon, why do u think people kill theirselfs ... fucking life sucks unless u are healthy, rich and good looking...
>>
>>17003208
I would kill you to take your place.
>>
>>17003223
I can ask questions, but only when they're in the same room. Everyone has a job and I can't just ask whoever is around because they won't know.

I'm 18, dropped out of school.
>>
Welcome to the workforce. Every new job is like this. It gets easier around the third week or so, give or take a couple of days; you just need time to get the hang of it.

Embrace the challenge. This is a game of skill, and it's one you can win. All you have to do is listen and learn.
>>
>>17003208
It's called First Week On The Job, and it is exactly the same for any and every job.

Man up. It does get easier as you go along.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.