[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Masculinity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1418312538970.jpg (37 KB, 657x385) Image search: [Google]
1418312538970.jpg
37 KB, 657x385
What is masculinity?

Feel free to debate.

OP is drunk btw
>>
It's a meme created by the patriarchy to oppress women. Thankfully society is starting to embrace feminism which will fix the major divide in men and women.
>>
File: 1442437245315.gif (3 MB, 350x349) Image search: [Google]
1442437245315.gif
3 MB, 350x349
>>17003000
If it's a meme to oppress women, why are they attached to it?

Nice trips btw, you flaming fagwad!
>>
Masculinity doesn't exist.

You instantly think of ripped muscles, contact sports and the "alpha" males as masculinity; because that's what we're grown up to think. But that's all a facade. There is no set limit or image to what is "masculine" or not.

Do whatever the fuck you want and stop worrying if its masculine or not.
>>
>>17002996
Well I suppose tradition will tell you that it's the duty to provide for and protect the people closest to you, to lead the way and find new paths when others are afraid to do so. This would provide a better chance for the strongest genetics to survive while the weakest ones will be weeded out through evolution. There's nothing to say a woman can't take on a masculine role and succeed, but the expectation is there for men to be masculine.
Seeing as how our species is overpopulated now, and many don't seem to give much of a fuck about heir offspring, I can't see masculinity having the importance it once had, although many still place a good amount of value on it.
Just my thoughts.
>>
>>17002996
In a phrase, masculinity is defining yourself by the things you DO, rather than by the things you ARE.
>>
>>17003041
that's very masculine.
>>
Masculinaty is not physical thing , you can be a fat ugly fuck and stil be masculine as hell , masculinty is a personality feature , it doesn't have an exact " defintion " but for me , being masculine means : being confident in yourself , not being afraid to say your opinions and owning up to your opinions even if they have bad consequences ,not being afraid to say no to anyone.
Ned Stark if you watch game of thrones is an example of pure masculinty , also Ser Rodrik
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.