[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. So I had a friend kill himself recently. I wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Death.jpg (195 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Death.jpg
195 KB, 2000x1000
Hey guys. So I had a friend kill himself recently. I wasn't that close to him but this is the first death I've dealt with and ive been feeling just numb. Sad, and numb. Tomorrow is his funeral and I don't know how to deal with seeing that person in a casket. I'm scared to be honest. Please can I get any advice on dealing with death?

(I'm 18 he was 19)
>>
Op here also the funeral is in 10 and a half hours. So I'm really desperate for advice. Thank you
>>
I feel for you op. It's okay to be honest with yourself, it's ok for you to have these emotions. If you feel like the funeral will be too hard you don't have to attend, and if you decide to go you don't have to stay long. Sorry I'm tired and not really giving great advice, just know that I'm thinking of tonight and will be thinking of you tomorrow much love, get some rest.
>>
>>17002570
Thank you anon I needed that
>>
>>17002519

go to the funeral, bawl your eyes out if you need it, hug your friends and his family members, it helps you come to terms with it, definitely go to the funeral!
>>
When I first lost a friend, even though I wasn't close to her at all, I cried like a bitch. It's normal. If you don't want to look at him in the casket, then don't. Pay your respects just by being there.
>>
Go to the doc and get some support. It may be a short counselling session or it may chemical but there is no reason why you should suffer this alone.
A close family/friend may be able to help too but avoid anywhere that will tend to dismiss/tell you to grow up etc. You don't need that.

Kind support - dont let this bury it's way in like a splinter.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.