[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus /adv/ Known a guy for eight years, recently started dating.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 500x648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 500x648
Jesus /adv/

Known a guy for eight years, recently started dating. Everything was fantastic, no issues, progressing well.

Earlier in the evening I received a few mixed up messages saying that he's not well, can't see straight but he'd seen someone identical to be on a cam website. Definitely not me, I'm the most unconfident person ever. He drops it, I tell him it's okay and to feel better soon, all very nice.

Today at 3am I received a text stating that "why I don't want to be with you is entirely my concern" and told me to "find someone into that".

I am absolutely dumbfounded. It's 5.30am here, I can't get in touch with me, I have no explanation and I feel like I'm having a panic attack. I need some kind of input to this before I go insane. He has deleted me from social media but I can still send him messages.

I'm one step away from driving over there to check he's okay and get an explanation but I'm not sure that's the right choice.
>>
>>17002352
>I'm one step away from driving over there to check he's okay and get an explanation but I'm not sure that's the right choice.
You're probably better off talking to him in person over something like this. At the same time, this could be his way of trying to get out while not feeling like the bad guy.
>>
Fuck... He thinks you are lying. How long habe you been dating? Try to find pics/vids of the girl where you can see that it's NOT you. She can't look like your long lost twin
>>
>>17002368

It's so surreal, it's like a dream. He knows I wouldn't cam and even if I did, I genuinely wouldn't have thought he'd ever be bothered. All his messages were garbled, none made any sense.

The weirdest thing is that we were discussing us the day before when we were together and he was so reassuring, saying how he loved having me in his life, he'd be devastated if he lost me, all this stuff.

Literally none of it makes sense.

My only worry about going over there is it's an hour drive and if he doesn't let me in, I'm stuck, completely heartbroken, with no explanation.
>>
>>17002378
>My only worry about going over there is it's an hour drive and if he doesn't let me in, I'm stuck, completely heartbroken, with no explanation.
Sit outside of his door but be prepared to grab a hotel room (or sleep in your car). He'll either budge, giving you a chance to explain the situation, or he'll push you away.
>>
>>17002371

A few months, so not long but we had something amazing. Every aspect was amazing, I gave him plenty of opportunity to get out because I didn't want him to feel he had to be with me. There's absolutely no explanation.

He said he had been off sick at the beginning of the conversation and really wasn't very coherent. He could have been drunk or on something but surely this wouldn't cause such a reaction?

I honestly wouldn't have even thought he'd be that bothered if I was camming...but I really haven't been. The idea of having anything of me on the internet makes me want to cry. He knows this.

I've tried calling him, no answer (but he may have passed out). I really don't know what to do.
>>
>>17002387

You think I should drive over then? Does that not seem a little bit insane to you? I don't want to push him over the edge.

Depending on whether he plans to go to work tomorrow or not, he might have left already.

I genuinely don't know what the fuck to do. I can't wait until he eventually decides to tell me what's happening - it could be never.
>>
>>17002399
>You think I should drive over then? Does that not seem a little bit insane to you? I don't want to push him over the edge.
Not if you've been seeing each other for a few months, and you're worried about him. I think it would be perfectly understandable.

>Depending on whether he plans to go to work tomorrow or not, he might have left already.
In that state?
>>
>>17002410

You'd be surprised.

It's only 6am here. The one thing I'm most worried about is getting over there and him completely ignoring me or not being in the flat. If he doesn't let me in, I'm stuck there with a very emotional and confused drive home.
>>
OP, this is not normal or acceptable behavior. You're very patient for not flipping out that he's accusing you of something and not believing you when you answer. Especially right after he goes out of his way to tell you he would be devastated if he lost you.

There is a non-zero chance that he's either lost interest independently or is cheating on you and is using this as an excuse to dump you.

Either way though, this is some fucked up shit. Definitely don't just drive over there at 5:30 am, wait until he makes contact again at a normal hour and then go try and talk to him.
>>
I know this is going to sound a bit drastic, but I would advice you call your local police station and explain what's going on and ask them to check on him. Again, I know that sounds like over doing it, but that behavior sounds a LOT like schizophrenia to me. My uncle had it, and IF that's what it is, you SHOULD NOT go over there alone at the very least. If you decide to go over, bring a friend with you and have them wait in the car with a cellphone.

The only other thing I think it could be is someone else texting from his phone, or he got horribly drunk or messed up on some drug.

Either way, PLEASE be careful if you go to see him in person, those are not messages sent from a healthy mental state.
>>
>>17002418

It has just come out of nowhere. If there had been any suggestion of a loss of interest then I'd accept it or would have at least seen it coming. There's nothing to suggest this was brewing. I feel numb.

I feel like I really need an answer, as though I haven't quite reacted to it yet but I'm about to have some massive breakdown. Hence why if I drive over, I'll be distracting myself and would hopefully get an answer. Otherwise I'm just waiting for him and that could be a long time, or never if he doesn't want to speak to me.
>>
>>17002420

He does a lot of drugs, stims and so on. Generally legal highs. Also drinks heavily occasionally, so this could be linked. I don't understand why he'd delete me from social media though, it all seems very odd.

I'm laying here at 6am, completely awake, panicking an insane amount and being sick. This is the most awful feeling I've ever had.
>>
>>17002438
>He does a lot of drugs, stims and so on. Generally legal highs. Also drinks heavily occasionally, so this could be linked.
That's not a good thing. If that's the case, you may be better off waiting a day or two. If he doesn't contact you by then, consider it a sober action.
>>
>>17002443

How on earth am I supposed to just sit and wait? He's my best friend, there was no indication of this happening. I don't understand any of it and he's difficult to get hold of at the best of times. What if he ignores me forever? I'm pretty sure I'm close to breaking point now, I don't think I could handle no explanation.
>>
>>17002438
Ok, see the way you described it before I didn't think he did any drugs. I would advice that you wait it out, calm down, try to get some sleep, and wait till he contacts you then have a talk about what happened. Drugs mess up your brain and it's very possible that while on them he saw someone that looked similar to you, mistakenly thought it WAS you, then flipped a shit because of the drugs influence.

This is not ok and you need to talk to him about it, BUT understanding why it happened (which includes hearing his side too), will better prepare you and help you guys communicate. I doubt he wants to break up, just let him come off of whatever drug he's on.
>>
>>17002449

As far as I know, he only ever does stimulants, ket, etc. I don't even know what effect these tend to have on people's mental state. He also suffers from insomnia which I don't think helps.

Honestly, this couldn't have happened more randomly. I was so nice to him afterwards, it wasn't even a long conversation we had about it, he just said he thought it was me then realised it wasn't and he'd link me to the thread, then disappeared for four hours and came back with that, must have deleted me and then that's it. After eight years, this is absolutely insane. He has always known he can end things, I've always checked with him that he's happy with things. He has absolutely no reason to lie to me or carry on with something he wasn't interested in. He couldn't have been more reassuring when I saw him last. I don't understand any of it.
>>
>>17002465
Really, it's probably the drugs and alcohol. If he has an unidentified mental illness, that sort of thing will only exacerbate his issues. And if that caused him to see something that wasn't really there, paranoia and depression may have set in, and he's probably adding more drugs and alcohol to the situation. He really doesn't sound like a healthy partner, but if you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, you'll need to wait. If you don't care about your safety, or the possibility of him not being there, then just go.
>>
well step one of any plan is going to involve you calming the fuck down
>>
>>17002484

I'm assuming he won't be going to work but if he does, at least I know he'll be contactable (even if he doesn't reply).

If he disappears entirely then I'll know he's probably not at work and can head over in a few hours if I need to.

I kinda just feel like I need an explanation. I would have thought after nearly a decade of friendship, he'd have explained to me in a sensible way why he wasn't interested, rather than just delete me.
>>
>>17002493

I can't just calm down. I gave up everything for this person, everything was perfect and I'd never been so happy. I finally developed a great relationship with one of my best friends and every part of it was great.

Either this has been going on for a while and I'm the least aware person ever (not true, I'm a bag of anxiety) or its caused solely by the fact he thinks I'm whoring it about on /b/ which is so stupid it makes me laugh.

This whole situation is so strange, it's like I'm refusing to accept its happening. I really don't know what to do. I'm not even angry with him, I'm just extremely upset that someone could do this so randomly.
>>
Any other input, anons? Still no contact and although I'm exhausted, I still can't sleep.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.