[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I work at a hospital doing IT and coding/programing. The hospital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I work at a hospital doing IT and coding/programing.

The hospital had a huge phone conference call today involving the hospital and 20+ practices, over 5000 employees listening in. The CEO had made an announcement that the hospitals billing programs, medical programs etc etc would be changing in 6-12 months. The problem is the company creating the new programs outsources the IT and business work to India. Meaning Anyone working IT, billing, coding, basically any one that uses the computer daily for work their job is at risk to being outsourced.

The CEO told everyone not to panic and said they'd let everyone know in 6 - 12 months what is happening with their jobs. Needless to say EVERYONE IS PISSED. Should I be worrying?
>>
>>17000987
I'd say don't lose your cool but looking for another job, even just casually, wouldn't be a bad idea.
>>
Yes, because if you were actually competent in your field in any tiny fragment of a degree you'd know that either
1) You can't be replaced by poo in the loo
or
2) If you were replaced, the company is trash and you should be thankful you're getting unemployment/severance while you go find a respectable company

However, you fall into the last category
3) Somebody who doesn't actually do a fucking thing, a helpdesk jocky who thinks they program by writing a two line batch file and resets AD passwords and fixes outlook all day
>>
>>17001000
This
>>
>>17000987

i love it
>dont panic guys you might just be losing your jobs
>but i wont, so dont panic
>>
File: 828463[1].jpg (46 KB, 600x434) Image search: [Google]
828463[1].jpg
46 KB, 600x434
>>17001035
>>
>>17001039
>>17001035
Fucking seriously.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.