[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have general advice on how to break up with a girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: 1454601299607.jpg (382 KB, 1280x1216) Image search: [Google]
1454601299607.jpg
382 KB, 1280x1216
Does anyone have general advice on how to break up with a girl who's insecure and very attached? She believes what we have will be forever..
>>
don't date teenagers
>>
>>17000561
Does anyone have some experience with this?

I've never dumped someone even..
>>
>>17000587
I'll leep that in mind next time. Problem now is she's 19 and I am 20 and we're close to 2 years together. I have no Idea on how to bring this to her.
>>
Why so you want to dump her?
>>
>>17000604
We don't have many common interests. She has few interests to begin with which bothers me a bit, as I have many. At times she just seems ignorant. That and her inconfidence is starting to turn me off.
>>
>>17000622
Well since you're struggling with letting her go there must be some sort of attachment.

I recommend 1 of 2 things:

1. Just end it. It's your life. No one should keep you hung up if you don't have any reason to be with them.

2. Can't bring yourself to do it right now?
Try to make your hobbies/interests rub off on her. Can't hurt to try if you don't want to actually break it off yet
>>
my best advice if you want to be a nice dude about it is to try and stay friends with her after you break up and ease her out of the relationship, make her believe she can find other dudes, other fish in the sea, etc.
>>
Please don't.

Girls like that are extremely rare and deserve care.

Whatever you do, don't break up with her.

You're going to make the single biggest mistake of your life. You'll regret it and, most importantly, you'll ruin that beautiful lady's heart.

I've always had an unhappy life. I'm 25 and ever since I was a child I had a shit life. Everything is sad, I'm always with extreme depression because of a number of reasons, and life is meaningless.

So if there's one thing my life is worth for, then this must be it, if I can convince you to stay with her, I think I'll be able to die in peace.

I'm not being ironic and I've just started to cry.

I beg of you, don't do it.

If you do, you're a fucking disgusting filth, I might start to hate you more than I hate myself.

Don't break up with her.

And if you don't, start to treat her like the princess she is everyday.
>>
>>17000622
Stop.
You're trying to use logical arguments to justify your emotions.
What you're feeling will again change just as you just changed the way you perceive her for some reason.
I've met many bad people in my life, but you're one of the worst if you're going foward with this.
>>
Threadly reminder that this kind of thing happens at any point with all relationship.
If you're not willing to keep with her, if something as stupid as this is a reason for you to dump someone who's in love with you, then she's just a toy for you.
In that case, unless you have an exceptionally rare skill that is of great value to society, you should consider suicide.
>>
>>17000984
Uhh... Sorry for your situation but being on this kind of relationship if it's not your tipe is just not good for your health.

I have a FRIEND like this and he gets me fucking mad sometimes (I still like him), but a girlfriend like this would me make fucking insane.
>>
>>17000984
just wanted to say that this is the funniest thing I've read on this board in a long time

wherever you are anon, you're fucking hilarious

also OP just go up to your girlfriend and say the words "I'd like to breakup"

this has worked in the past
>>
Quite some answers since I ledt for a shower..

Thing is, I'm asking for advice on breaking up with her. I haven't decided on whether to do that yet, but I'd like you all to pretend I have and that I have to dump her.

The things holding me back now are that we both put a lot of time and effort in this relationship, getting out of it might not be worth it. It's also just hard telling her as I really can't predict her reaction. Then she also has an unstable home situation so I just worry a lot about her if I'd dissapear from her life, while I'm kind of her rock right now.
>>
My advice, because this is what I did.

Make it about "you" as if "you aren't good enough for her"
Something like "i'm not doing too well, and just feel like i'm not good for a relationship right now"
Sort of how I did it. If she counters with something like "I like you how you are, we can work through it"
Just reinforce, like "Thank you, you're an amazing girl, anyone would be lucky to have you, I wish i was the person I know I can be, but right now, I know I have a lot to sort out, and its not fair to you for me to try and do all that and be with you, you don't deserve it".

That's how I got rid of psycho girls, or girls I just didn't click with.
>>
was in a arelationship with a girl like that for 2.5 years.

At first she was oh so happy
then she dropped me when I was out of town for two weeks
Then she wanted me back again and i was horny.
Then I ended it because she more and more showed her selfishness. attachmend is just selfishness and ignoring your borders
>>
>>17000984
Shit i laughed so hard
>>
>>17001118
This is good.
>>
>>17001145
I see. How did you end it? What was your aproach?
>>
>>17001118
>>17001168
It's not even just for psycho girls. It's for people in general.

Never say "you". Always say "I".

Someone brushes you off and it upsets you and you confront them about it.
>I just feel lonely and disregarded when I don't get any response.
>>
>>17000561

unless you are waiting til she gets bored there isnt an option that projects her fragility.

id advise just doing the best break up method
>write down a very simple one paragraph braek up explanation. doesnt matter if its the real reasons or not. just do it.
>have a friend or family member drive you there (this is important, FIND SOMEONE TO DO TIHS)
>recite the break up speech, tell her you are sorry.
>she will try to argue whatever reason you had for beraking up with her.
>do not engage, simply nod understandingly say 'im sorry, but its just the way i feel'
>never try to argue back or re explain, simply restate what you said before.
>after 10 minutes your friend comes in and extracts you. he insists you leave cuz he has an appointment to get to. you have no choice but to leave as opposed to get sucked into her spiral of madness and argue for 4 hours.
>>
>>17000984

>settle down with a woman in your 20s because she believes in disney fairylands otherwise you are a monster.
>>
>>17000561
>Hey Anon, we're cool but not that cool. Peace.
>>
File: 1416035668453.png (399 KB, 680x418) Image search: [Google]
1416035668453.png
399 KB, 680x418
>>17001244

that one hits too close to home
>>
>>17001240
Wow thanks, this is very helpful.

I indeed really don't feel into getting in a long argument about it. I'd want to do it as quickly as possible, like pulling a bandaid.

>>17001244
That's the thing with very attached girlfriends. I wish it was that easy.
>>
>>17001270

>wow thanks this is very helpful

totally thought you were being sarcastic for a moment there.

anyway, its a good pkan doesnt work without a friend though cuz she will just block your car, or worse you wont even have the will to leave cuz you'll see her crumble.

justremember that staying there and talking it out DOESNT actually help no matter what anyone says. making it as simple as possible does. block her cell, block her facebook and social media, only leave open an email so she can email you if you forgot anythign there or vice versa (thoguh you will do your best to get everything to each persons proper home before hand)
>>
>>17001249
I'll be honest, I did this to my first log term gf because I wasn't as ready as I thought. It was worse though since I pretty much just blew her off after we got caught fooling around at my folks' place. We actually are on good terms now.

Just know that people usually don't act with malevolence intended.

>>17001270
If you can't man up and dump her then you're more insecure than she is. All you're doing is wasting that poor girl's time pretending that what you have will last forever. Let her go man.
>>
>>17001296

i was actually just being silly anon, no one has ever dumped me that way. though im racking my brain having a hard time remembering if ive ever been dumped
>>
There must be fifty ways

You know the song

Just slip out the back, Jack...
>>
>>17001296
I'm not at all insecure about myself. Just hesistant about breaking up with a sweet innocent girl. Doing it without even a hesitation would be inhuman. I know it has to be done, I will do what is needed. I came here for advice and experiences from others.
>>
>>17001302
We're over then.

>>17001316
Say you need to talk and the moment you see her let her know things aren't working out. This is the best way. Don't take her out or try and sugar coat it. Tell her the truth, hear her out (to an extent) and split. There's no nice way to do this.
>>
>>17001171
i told her half a year ago, that this cant go on like that, and that i will break it off if it doesnt change (in particular the way she is treating me, that I am always the root of the problems in her eyes and all the while her problems are nonexistant).
On NYE we had soem of the best sex ever, because I lasted longer than normal. in retrospection I interpreted that as a consequence of not loving her anymore and so I told her to prepare for a breakup at some point in the future.
She reacts like its big news for her and doesnt want to waste time with me then.
so since then im single again.
>>
>>17001332
I know.. There is no nice way to do it. I'm just a bit scared as she's unpredictable.

>>17001359
A very justified situation for you then. You had reason enough to end it.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.