[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one go about finding a stolen bike?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 640x870) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 640x870
My friend's bike was stolen a couple days ago
>police have been notified
>it's been spotted around the area but culprits have not been caught yet
>absolutely heartbroken
>please help me get him back
>>
get off 4chan and go look for it
>>
yeah he's probably not getting it back. the police won't do jack shit.
>>
So any anons have any bright ideas on how we might be able to find it/get it back?
>>
>>17000422
Looking to take matters into our own hands But where to start?
>>
>>17000414
>>17000421
That's because you haven't tried saying it was stolen by black people
>>
>>17000445
that only works in the us, that's some yuropoor plate. It was probably stolen by helpless innocent refugees and he's an absolute cis shitlord for trying to pursue legal action against these poor people
>>
>>17000437

You can't do it. Probably impossible, but I can imagine the thief is still in town with the bike. So I'll try to give you a few tips that may lead to nothing.

But depending on where it was stolen you can :

> go back to the place where it was stolen with pictures and a number and ask merchants politely to tell them if they see anything.
> check if any bike in your town is being sold on the web.
> if you know many bikers in town, or even a random band of bikers in facebook, send a few infos about the bike and give them a number if they see anything.

And if you do find them, don't take the matter into our own hands, find the guy, corner him (you can scare him/them a little with friends, but you're taking the risk that he comes back) and call the police.
>>
>>17000470

The more you'll do to make people aware of your problem, the more chance you'll get for someone to call you back. (but that might also alert the thief if he lives nearby)

I'm curious, why do you really need that bike ? Being stolen is part of life, that happens. I don't even believe you're seing that bike again.

Good lick
>>
>>17000470
Okay thanks for good advice!!
>>
>>17000482
Basically my whole fb feed is filled with my friend crying over the bike... sure meant a lot to him so just felt like trying to find a way to help
>>
Put the word out in your local community among all your friends and/or bike enthusiast club. Follow up leads. Go searching for it yourself. If you know any criminals and it's a small town, ask them if they've heard something. Usually word gets around.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.