[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's almost been a year since my ex-girlfriend ended things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 21621.jpg (79 KB, 460x331) Image search: [Google]
21621.jpg
79 KB, 460x331
It's almost been a year since my ex-girlfriend ended things with me. We were together three years. I've taken the necessary steps to move on with my life, and for the most part I'm in a much better position than I was back then. We have not spoken since, nor have I seen her or know what she's doing (blocked off social media etc).

I still think about her every day. Usually the feelings are numb, but today has been particularly difficult remembering it all ended this month. I feel like I'm doing something wrong and that I shouldn't be thinking of her anymore.

I just need some advice really.
>>
>>16999266
Are you or have you met any other girls?

That's the only way to really forget her.
>>
>>16999324

Dated one briefly. No success otherwise.
>>
Stop thinking of her because you know she's not thinking about you. You'll wake up one day and realize how pathetic it is.
>>
>>16999332
What helped me was meeting new girls.

Because you'll find a really nice one and you'll hate yourself for wasting so much time sulking about that last girl.
>>
>>16999342

Oh, I know that. She's not thinking of me at all. Probably never gave a shit about me either. Still, doesn't detract from the fact I was in love with her.

I only really think about her when I'm lonely, but...

>>16999350

...I've tried finding someone else, but I'm having no luck. I talk to girls at uni, use dating apps etc. Nothing.
>>
>>16999266
Same story, bro. At the end of my relathionship I thought that's all. But when we broke up I was like "what have just happened?" so I was suffering about 3 month and chatting with her, wished to be with her again, but I'd knew she didn't. So I just chatted with her time to time and after one year one girl find me attractive and started to chat. So I change my attention from ex to new and know what? My ex deleted me from all social media despite the fact, that she had a guy for a short period of time after me. So just yeah, go find another girl and it'll help a lot
>>
The thing is that actually moving on with one's life is what fixes this mindset. It's not like I have any way of proving it, but I strongly suspect that you didn't move on with your life at all. I think that some of the most recent memories you have about the stuff you most enjoy in life involve doing those things with your ex a year or more ago. I think that when you say "move on" you mean that you inundated yourself with distraction rather than reflecting on your lifestyle and either revisiting or expanding upon it with new people and new memories to cherish. I suspect, as I do with most people in your situation, that your thoughts are still split between cherished memories and cherished fantasies of life with your ex. It should have happened over the course of the last year that you already made a better reality.
>>
>>16999394

I started uni this year after having been out of education for a while. I've made tons of new friends, keep myself busy working towards my goals, hit the gym etc. Not sure what else I can do as my life has improved in every other aspect other than in love.
>>
>>16999381
Girls make no sense. She refused your advances to have another shot-> indicating she has NO (romantic) feelings left whatsover. She also started dating a guy shortly after breaking up with you to further confirm my point. Why the fuck would she delete or block you from her life? Sloots gonna sloot
>>
>>16999394
Are you a wizard?
>>
>>16999484
Wish he was. Then he could fix my problems.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.