[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The subject of height
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 750x730) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 750x730
How to you broach the subject of height with a guy you met online?

I'm 5'6". The guy I'm into is Chinese. I don't want to meet him in person before he is aware of my height - his wouldn't be a deal breaker for me unless he is like 5'3", which I highly doubt from his pics. He lives 20 minutes away, so I feel like it's going to happen soon.

I had a guy I was madly in love with online refuse to meet me because I was taller than him. Another guy I met online and met (flew 5 hrs) lied about his height, ended up being as tall as me, and made things hella awkward.

So sick of Asian guys being uncomfortable / lying about their heights. :(
>>
Stop talking to manlets.

It's that simple.
>>
>>16998163
How do I know if he is a manlet? I would guess from his pic he is somewhere between 5'5 - 5'10, but I don't feel awkward being like "hey... How tall are you?" And explaining how I'm tall for a girl.
>>
>>16998156
>Meeting a guy online
That was your first mistake, why don't you go out and be social and meet people you don't have to make physical guesses and estimations about. If you want to know how tall they are, ask them. If you're tired of dating Asian guys, don't date Asian guys,
>>
>So sick of Asian guys being uncomfortable / lying about their heights. :(
You just said you would reject a him based on his height, and didn't like a previous guy because of it.

Why don't you stop being a cunt who judges men on something they have zero control over.
>>
>>16998178
I'm not tired of dating Asian guys. I'm tired of them lying about their height.

>>16998182
I did not reject the first two because of their height. It was them who made themselves feel awkward about it. Like I said, the one refused to meet and the other I did meet just made it super awkward. I am trying to avoid this with the third Asian guy.
>>
>>16998182

Are you serious?

Nobody likes a manlet. Who gives a fuck if a manlet has no control? Nobody.

everybody judges everyone. A manlet is no exception just because they get butthurt that God fucked up with them.
>>
>>16998182
You realize that's something women are attracted to, right? It's nothing new, you should know that, manlets btfo
>>
>>16998182
Being next to a short guy is fucking awkward. Just like I'm sure being next to a fat chick is awkward for a skinny dude. Don't shit on the op for being a tall bitch. Her giraffe height is out of her control, too.
>>
>>16998200
>>16998197
>>16998216
It doesn't matter if "every girl likes tall guys" it's still fucking wrong.
>bbbut fat girls
YOU CAN CHOSE TO STOP BEING FAT AT ANY TIME
>>
>>16998182

Height to women = tits to men.

Women are just naturally attracted to taller guys. It's innate. Why don't you try and not like tits.
>>
Funny enough, I am a 5'7" Chinese girl and I met my boyfriend online. He is only one inch taller than me, but I often wear heels. I don't mind being taller and he doesn't mind being shorter.
It is possible to find people who are not lying about their height and are confident enough to not feel unmanly when next to a tall woman.

You should be confident and own your beautiful long legs, most guys like that. ;)
>>
>>16998220
Then replace that with >ugly girls

Makeup can't fix fuck ugly
>>
>>16998235

How many times have you shit in the aisle of an airplane?

Serious question.

Unless you're from Hong Kong, then of course it doesn't apply to you.
>>
>>16998235
Have you experienced this? Short guys not liking you because you are tall?

I am honestly so scared he is going to stop being interested in me. :(
>>
>>16998266

Most guys are insecure about their height, or overcompensate by acting over-confident. Why? Most women don't like short guys, even short women.
>>
>>16998252
Never. Is there a story behind this question?

>>16998266
No. There was a 5'2" guy who liked me and really didn't seem to mind me being taller, but he was a really confident guy.
If a guy lost interest in me because of my height, I would seriously lose interest in them too. I think you should find a guy that appreciates you for who you are, not who he wants you to be.
>>
>>16998266
Guys don't give a fuck if the girl is taller. A lot of my friends say they've always fantasized about a taller girl. No guy would reject a girl for being tall, it's exclusively females who care about height
>>
>>16998298

Chinese shit in the aisles of airplanes.

I've seen it twice, personally. Only by Chinese.

The stories aren't that exciting, really. Really kind of gross. Also, I travel to Hong Kong a couple times a year for work. They aren't the type to shit in the aisle on an airplane, and are equally disgusted by mainlanders.

That's pretty much it.

Also, good for you for using the toilet on airplanes. I'm impressed by you.
>>
Easy.

I'm 1.97m and my height is my one defining trait. No one sees an a handsome/average/ugly man in me, no one notices my hair cut or my glasses, all they see is a fucking huge man. There's a fraction of chicks out there that go absolutely fucking crazy for extremely tall guys and I can easily pluck them off, the rest doesn't seem to give a shit. To me, it's a "like it or not" thing, because my height is the only thing I can't change about my body.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.