[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dating an ugly girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: mé.gif (2 MB, 298x270) Image search: [Google]
mé.gif
2 MB, 298x270
I'm dating someone who a little chubby and ugly.
She's the one who wanted to go out with me, and I don't have any plan so I just went with it. I found her adorable when asking me out, she's still adorable in the way that she's doing everything to please me, and I notice it and I love it.
I'm so doing my best at ignoring that fact to see the more beautiful aspect of her person, but I don't like it. She's cool, she's a little unconfident about it and I will never embarrass her on that but yet... My mind always goes back to that one problem, she's still ugly.

How do you deal being with someone ugly ? How honest, relaxed can you be when the looks of that person doesn't please you ?
>>
She loves you, she takes care of you and that's makinging you love her.

You're golden OP.
Looks fade, every beautiful girl becomes an old crone. Let it go. Besides, you aren't getting attention from better looking girls are you? No, you're not as handsome as you thought. And that's ok.

This is why people say lower your expectations. enjoy what you have.
>>
>>16997276

I don't feel like the problem is already dealt with, but you're quite right.
But I am well more liked by girls than she is with guys, she even admitted that some girls spoke about me before she knew me. So you were wrong about that.

I guess she deserves a try but I know that I'm more severe with her because she's ugly, if her personality isn't perfect i'll just be a total bitch about it. I know it, I don't even pretend to hide it.
>>
Some couples are each others stylists. Maybe if you start asking her opinions on your visage, she will do the same, giving you possibility of hinting on some changes. The trick is being sensitive enough (not an ass or a jerk) about it.

Most people aren´t really ugly, just unkept or without sense of style. Change of haircut or a makeup choice with some new clothes really might do the trick ;)

(If the hints don´t work, you can try giving her a makeover gift coupon or something)

Anyway she seems like a lovely girl, try working it out. It´s hard to find someone good.
>>
>>16997297

Thanks for nice advice, random anon.

I'll probably do that, as poor as I am, I'll buy her nice stuff to keep her happy while trying to quietly change her.

Funny thing is it might backfire, she might give me shit I don't really want.
>>
>>16997252 Just put a paper bag over her head and imagine your favorite sexy woman. Then you will be able to perform.
>>
>>16997317

No thanks for bad advice-desu
>>
>>16997306

No problem, Anon :).

Anyways I´m not suggesting you go broke, just a bit there and a bit there. I´m a girlanon and if I had a SO, who liked some sort of look and I would be head over heels, I´d try to fit in a bit.

You may suggest she would look good with eyes painted as *insert celebrity she knows* or with haircut like *insert another celebrity*. Small steps, no pressure. Really most girls are just ugly ducklings that don´t know their potential.

Anyways if you´re not sure what will suit her, I´d suggest getting help of someone with styling background (gay friend, girl cousin, cosmetics shop assistant in some higher mid class store). Just show them some photos and listen to advice. If the girl is so nice personality-wise, it could be worth putting in the effort.
>>
>>16997326

Well this may seem quite hard, I am a sociopath and I'd gladly manipulate her, but it had nothing to with the look.
I had already planned to make her feel good about herself and try to attract her to politics, philosophy and all that stuff that she doesn't care about but I think she might live better with that cultural knowledge.

But I never thought I'd try to change her physically.
If I were to do that, I should try to imply that she'd look good on a diet, that she's better with more colorful clothes, etc.
I'm not stylist but I think I could do some things by myself, I can't really think of someone to help me right now, and I can't dare ask her buddies to help me on that. I'll just try recklessly when taking her out, I'll pay her a few dress and make her feel good about these dress when she wears them.
I'm glad she doesn't wear makeup, cuz I can't do shit about it.
>>
You gotta learn to love that chub.
Some fit guys get chubby gfs thinking they can "fix them" - oh hun why don't you start coming to the gym with me, I'm going to go anyway it'll be fun together! Then when the girl slims down and starts getting more attention the situation has reversed, now she's too good for him, and she leaves him.

The other person is right, GENTLY suggest new choices in hair, clothes, underwear, but just passively accept her weight.
>>
>>16997252

id never date someone i wasnt attracted to. otherwise, whats the point? what do they offer in a relationship (since its not good sex) that i cant get from a friend?

but im simplistic in my approach to romance. for me it really is jus tfriendship + sex. perhaps people who feel true romance differ from me.

i just dont see teh point in settling with someone you aren't attracted to. id rather be alone, but then again i enjoy my life, so its an easy choice for me.

if you dont, then maybe you should fix your life.

if she is the best you can do maybe you should fix yourself. or fix her. she can lose weight. good make up and hair can do wonders for a girl
>>
>>16997276

OP, I'm going to be the dickhead who says different, although I'd still respect you if you took this guy's advice.

Don't ever settle. You're going to be stuck with a nagging regret that you can do better, that you wasted the best years of your life on someone you didn't really embrace fully. Then when you're in your 40s/50s, your youth will be gone, and she'll still be ugly. You'll have missed out on the good memories, and no amount of home cooked meals are going to fill that void.

I'll never get why people just get into a relationship with someone because they're there. You should be self sufficient and not afraid of being alone.

Anyways, either way, I hope you end up happy, and I hope she finds someone who loves her fully.
>>
>>16997354

I´m not good with manipulation, but as long as you´re improving her life experience, it should be okay.

Anyway, I would really suggest the department store with a photo with "What do you think would suit her? I´m thinking something casual, what celebrity is styled in a way that would suit her?" with your internet on to search pictures and then suggesting them to her directly as "I saw this picture of *blabla*, I think it might suit you, how about trying it?"

Some people can have a really good eye with these things, others are the opposite of helpful. I´d just ask/search for a really good stylist if I were you. Just for advice. Just skip the friends and go somewhere neither of you know anyone.

There are also stylists who do the whole type thing on people, giving them general advice on what to do and what not.
>>
>>16997358

I'm rather an altruist, if I could "fix" her, make her a better person than she was before she met me, I'll be glad to have been that flammable thing which started her fire, even though she goes out with another guy and totally forgets about me. I'm a shitty guy who wants to live alone and be forever drunk anyway.

>>16997366
You do you do, I was speaking about a relation. Not about a sex-friend.

>>16997368
I'm glad you're the dickhead to say it. That's honest and true, we're both very young (20) and I don't believe in a romantic life with her, I just find her nice to me and I take what she's giving me, she's totally aware of it and I've warned her that I'm a sicko who might leave her for no reason when I get bored.

I'm not afraid of being alone, I've always been, to be honest she's my first relation I'm really no chad because I think about priorities like studies, knowledge, money, etc.

>>16997376

I'll manage something out about it, I feel like it's stupid to ask someone to find me clothes for her as I know her better than the random person helping me out in the department store, but I guess you're right about it, these people are way more aware about style than I am.
>>
>>16997395

>im talking about relationsihp not a sex friend

but in a relationship you have sex. why be in a relationship with them if you arent sexually attracted to them? you might as well jsut be friends.
>>
If you are still doing the self improvement and are relatively new to the dating game fuck her get some experience and try not to get too deep with her. of course the honest thing would be to not fuck her, but you are a man.

Met a girl a few weeks ago, perfect girl, except she was more than chubby and after we fucked once I made it clear that i am not in the mood for something serious with her. i really would not have been able to fuck her a second time.

Found a 9/10 teen redhead that seems to be into me the week after. Good for me I didnt get hooked before
>>
>>16997368

so much this. being alone is fine, and you can still be friends with ugly people.

but i dont understand what you get out of having sex with an ugly person, even if 'dating'. at best, it robs you of the opportunities to be with someone you are attracted to because you'll be tied down when they pass by
>>
>>16997400

Not that chubby, just a little bit. She's far from chubby to be honest, I just can't find the best word to define how chubby she is while not being fat. And I'm quite skinny, I don't work out either so I can't complain that much, I could heavier than her with good nutrition and workout

>>16997399
>>16997405

I guess you are the virgins of /adv/, talking about relationship as if it was only made of sex.
My thread about dating, not sex.
>>
>>16997252

Good for you OP. As long as she is true to you, you have fun, and are getting laid just go with it and enjoy yourself. Hot girls are pure drama, and far more likely to cheat or break your heart.

Nothing says you have to marry her, and you can always split if something better comes your way.
>>
>>16997395

Yeah, I didn't learn my lesson about not settling until later in life (25). I'd walk past girls and think "she's cute enough, I'd date her if she just gave me a chance" (struggled with self-esteem and relationship esteem for a while even though I'm a good looking dude). I got older and was convinced this girl had everything I wanted personality-wise, and soon that personality didn't matter for shit when she started putting on more lbs and having sex with her was a pure chore.

>>16997405
>>16997427

I know he's doing the /adv/ thing where a lot is about sex, but he does have a point that being in a relationship that is missing a key factor (whether that's sex, personality, similar beliefs) does nothing but restrict you when someone else comes around. Then if you're a decent person, you have to dump the person you're seeing and leave them wondering why.
>>
File: ad.png (476 KB, 591x455) Image search: [Google]
ad.png
476 KB, 591x455
>>16997427

>you must be a virgin if you dont date ugly people

nope, i just have standards. enjoy your fat ugly girlfriend though, at least you got the best girl you could get

good job asking for peoples opinions then calling them virgins for giving it.
>>
>>16997395
Don´t feel bad about asking for advice. Stupid are all the people who don´t and turn out looking as a Honey Boo Boo or Kim Kardashian knockoff. Seriously, noone will look down on you for that. You can even tell them what look you prefer yourself, they can give you pointers how to get there (different ways for different people).

Really if the only problem is her looks/styling, it CAN be worked on, don´t feel too bad about it. If you´re not jerk about it with her, you have nothing to be feeling bad for.

Honestly, if she were too ugly (to be able look good), you wouldn´t be with her in the first place.
>>
File: 1451677705882.gif (1 MB, 325x203) Image search: [Google]
1451677705882.gif
1 MB, 325x203
>>16997478
> saltyyyy

That's because you kept talking about sex while I was asking for opinions about the whole relationship thing. So I just assumed you don't shit about a relation besides what you've seen on /gif/.
Don't blame me, you've wrote a few lines and kept talking about sex.
Give me a better advice and I'll take that back faggot.
>>16997483

You're cool, you're a person I could totally rely on.
Tbh, I've only accepted to date her because I knew about her past, she had a cancer and survived, she went bald. I wanted her to be... kinda like a gift to her. ( YES I KNOW THIS TOTALLY STUPID )

Because I admire her, for managing to be so lively and sweet after her harsh past.
I believe that's also the only reason that persuaded me to be with her despite her short hair when I met her, her body, etc, but I guess it would break her heart to know that. I feel kinda bad about it to be honest, that's rude to accept her for that.
Anyway, I must thank you because you making me feel quite secure about my situation. Your advice rocks.
>>
>>16997252
You're using the ugly word. Cut your losses. You're done. Move on.

My wife and my Ex-GFs may not be the most physically attractive people I've met. I could call some of them chubby, fat, or even obese.

I could never call them ugly.

If she's that unattractive to you, let her go before she gets attached to you. Then you'll have to break it off with a "I love you, but I just don't find you attractive" speech that is going to make you and her both feel like complete shit for years afterwards.
>>
>>16997522
I just think that if you´re willing to work past your problems in the relationship, you´re worth good advice ;) And stupid reason or not, not many guys here are willing to work past challenges :) If the looks are the only thing "missing", it´s a fixable thing to a point. I know way too many people working/not working with what they have to be able to tell you that there are very few lost cases there (physical deformities etc.).

Anyways don´t tell her that, even in retrospective. One person once told me he got over something I couldn´t do anything about (and didn´t even think he had to get over it since noone cared, ever) and it took a toll on me, even though I was already over that particular thing on my own. He probably meant it as a good thing, but for me it was a reminder that someone may actually have a problem with it.

And even if it may seem a superficial opinion, looks are a part of a relationship. Not the most important one, but important nevertheless. And they CAN be worked on. It´s just a matter of finding a good advice (which can be a challenge on its own, not every "stylist" knows what suits whom in what generation).
>>
>>16997591

You made my night. (4am here in Belguim)

Cheers to you, I've enjoyed your advice as well as the others. I feel way better now, my choice is made and I feel good about the choice.

I'm logging out, thank you random fem-anon I'd buy you a drink anytime
>>
>>16997607
Same timezone here. Good night to you, anon.

Cheers to you too, I hope you will pull through :)
>>
>>16997395
>I'm a sociopath
>I don't believe in a romantic life with her
>I've warned her I'm a sicko who might leave her for no reason when I get bored

For future reference, any sort of relationship advice you ever need... The answer is always no you should not be in a relationship.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.