[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got waitlisted from my top-choice school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1438321937273.jpg (42 KB, 466x466) Image search: [Google]
1438321937273.jpg
42 KB, 466x466
Hi /adv/,

I don't really have anything to say about it. I got waitlisted from my top-choice school, and I was shocked to find out because it wasn't even a reach school, it was a safety. I only applied for two other schools which I'm okay with, and there's always the transfer option, but I was really hoping I would enroll this fall.
Am I fucked? It's still really hard for me to accept the fact that I will most likely not get in. Especially since it was a safety school. I was thinking of writing an email to the admissions office, but it said specifically on their website that it wouldn't make a difference to their decision even if it did.
Any people got accepted from being waitlisted to schools? Denied? Experiences? Please. I need something to help me cope with this.
>>
That's what you get for being white. Tough shit nigga.
>>
I'm confused, if you have two other schools as options, what's the problem? So you didn't get your first choice, you applied for those other schools in case this happened, didn't you?
>>
I got waitlisted to a top-tier law school and still got in

>it was still a huge waste of money though
>>
>>16996555
I'm not white
>>16996558
It was my first choice and it was a safety school. That's why I'm still dealing with the shock right now. I hadn't really anticipated on this happening, and all my friends and family didn't really worry about it because they all thought I would get in, but I didn't. And the other schools aren't really schools I can imagine myself going to and being happy in for the next four years. I really just applied to those other schools because they were just my parent's suggestions. Which thinking back about, I'm very thankful for.
>>
>>16996562
Which law school if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>16996604
Well you still have options of where you can go, it's not like you didn't get in anywhere.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.