[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/jobs/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hi /adv/ I haven't been on this board awhile and I'm currently in a predicament.

I don't want to be a piece of shit anymore.

I graduated College with a degree in the Humanities (SFSU) (I know pretty fucked) but I'm currently trying to find a job. What do?

Are there resources that I can use to help me craft a good resume?

I haven't had a real job in a year. So my experience is limited. My skills are a bit hard to quantify but I'm looking to add more value to myself to be more appealing to employers. Any advice on how to do that?

Lastly, I'm looking at job postings in advertising/marketing as I feel I have a higher likely chance of being employed there because of my skills in written/oral communication and writing in general. Are there other places I should be looking at instead?

>inb4 burger king

Thanks /adv/
>>
If you want a basic job (Retail/burger king) don't tell them you have a degree. Your degree may be useless, but your dumbfuck employer at whatever dumbfuck job you're applying to will see that you're "overqualified" for the position you're applying to.

I got my shitty retail job by making myself look like a friendly but enthusiastic retard. I omitted my Comp Sci degree and extracurricular work.

Getting a good job is much easier if you're already working. Nobody wants to employ someone if they're unemployed.
>>
>>16996516

I really want to emphasise that having any shitty job is better than being unemployed. Its not even about the money its about proving your work ethic. What sort of advertising/marketing company wants to employ a lazy fuck that's been unemployed for the last year?

If you're good for money and have wealthy parents try charity work, be active and try to advertise and market the charity. If you make an effort opportunities will start to appear for you.

sitting at home thinking you're too good for "normal" work will result in a downward spiral.
>>
this is completely unrelated anon, but how is SFSU? I got accepted to transfer but have seen mixed reviews about the school
>>
>>16996547
Shit.

Maybe I should've highlighted that during the year of unemployment I was focused on school. I wasn't unemployed for a year after graduation. I was unemployed during school.

Currently I'm unemployed for close to 3 months now.
>>
>>16996559
Good school if you like doing Journalism, Humanities, English/Lit/Film, Business.
>>
>>16996614
>Currently I'm unemployed for close to 3 months now.

Well that's not as bad, but the same rules apply. Any job is better than nothing, even part time or voluntary work. Get up and do something, don't just sit there waiting.
>>
Write freelance click bait for any and all takers.
>>
>>16996620
I'm a history major, I assume it's good for that too?
>>
>>16996646
Thanks man. I'll take that advice. I just picked up an app for some volunteer work while I'm looking for a job.
>>
>>16996666
Yes.

It has mixed reviews because the school has shitty protests over SJW shit. It's a fun school. Honest.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.