[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I unfuck uni?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Panic.jpg (10 KB, 242x230) Image search: [Google]
Panic.jpg
10 KB, 242x230
So, bit of back story. Was in 3rd year of 5 year masters engineering course and completely fucked an exam, plus its resit (mix of hating that subject and not getting it). My advisor of studies tells me that I can either resit that class with just the end exam, or I can resit the class with attendance, where I'd have to attend lectures, Labs an class tests.

Now last year the mark distribution for the class was 60% exam, 30% for two class tests and 10% labs however he said that if I did resit with attendance, while I would have to attend the labs and tests to make sure I understood the content, only the mark i got in the final exam mattered.

So I decided to do a resit with attendance as I wanted to make sure I understood the content, plus i got a part time job as well to cover expenses. Good call as the lecturer who taught it last year got fired and this years lecturer has overhauled the course big time. Fast forward to january 2016 and the second class test, worth 15% (if it counted) is coming up, however due to a mixture of me feeling depressed (not medical diagnosed, just felt like shit) and admittedly laziness, I didn't attend it, so got 0%.

This week my lecturer emailed me saying something unrelated about labs and I asked him to clarify whether my labs counted for anything and he told me that actually, they did, then emailed me the next day saying that, unless I could provide evidence or an excuse, that I would be going into this exam with a 15% penalty on my marks due to not attending the class test.

So what I'm asking is what excuse, that I have no actual evidence for, can I give for not attending a class test two months ago or reporting it at the time? I need every advantage I can get in this exam as I really need to pass this or I'd have wasted 4 years of my life and lord knows how much of mine and my parents money
>>
Pay the guy off.
>>
File: 1338075900723.jpg (34 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1338075900723.jpg
34 KB, 350x350
Have some fucking foresight you lazy piece of shit. If you keep taking every day as it comes you're going to keep blundering into 100% preventable issues like the one you're in.

Also you need to explain why a single course is determinate for your entire 4 years of schooling, let alone a single test. You also seem to be implying that you didn't attend class unless you were forced to, unless I misunderstood? Instead of making excuses how about you motivate yourself?
>>
>>16996469
how do i motivate myself?
>>
I just don't understand why you wouldn't go to the test. At the very least, it would have been practice for the exam. Not to mention you were told that you had to attend labs and tests even if you chose to resit with attendance. If this is your work ethic, then you're going to be stuck in a wageslave job for the rest of your life.
>>
so, other than "don't be such a lazy sack of shit" which i'd agree with, does anyone have any advice for what I can do right now to give myself a significantly better chance at passing this stupid fucking class so I never have to hear "three phase power system" again in my life?
>>
You can't, you're fucked, resit it again or talk to the teacher and try and work something out.
>>
>>16996692
You get 15% more than you'd need to pass on the exam, obviously.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.