[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's everything I know about it: -Alienware M18x(AM18XR2-8728BK)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: IMG006.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG006.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
Here's everything I know about it:
-Alienware M18x(AM18XR2-8728BK)
-Intel Core i7-3610QM 3.3GHz/4.1GHz turbo
-8GB DDR3 RAM (1600 MHz)
-1TB Hard Disk Drive (10,000 rpm)
-2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M Vid-Card
Dell sticker; everything else = alienware

It has an admin pass word set and a lock on bios screen. Other than that the computer should be in perfect working condition. Is there anything I can do to get it working again or do I have to throw it in the trash? I talked to a couple people who said it was a really good computer, but they couldn't get it working. Is it
possible to reset the whole thing, like reformat and reinstall windows or whatever's on there. I think it was some version of linux before.

Does anyone know how I can delete them and still keep the computer in working condition? I just want the computer, but I'll post most of them pics here if I can access them. She's upset about the pussy pics, but I dk why, it's nice. I'll delete them pics and post the tits and ass; she doesn't mind them getting out. [pic related: it's her]

Let me explain:
>Broke up with my GF last week. She left stuff at my house, came got it, and told me to throw the rest out. I called her and asked her if she realized she left a laptop here. She said yes, but it isn't any good because she forgot the passwords, so I should donate it. To who, I don't know, I didn't ask; I'm keeping it.
>She said she got the computer for Christmas-2013 from another ex-boyfriend for, but she hardly used it since she had another computer. He bought it for her so they could play games; she said it was expensive. I looked it up and it's supposed to be good. They broke up a year later and she hasn't used it since. She set passwords for it back in 2014, and she can't remember now because she used a password generator.
>She called me back the next day asking if I got rid of it yet and I told her "yea"&she freaked out,told me there were pics on there that she didn't want anyone to see(vag)CONT
>>
>>16996035
Who is that smoking hot bitch in the pic?
>>
BIOS password might be a pain in the ass, but you can Google it to figure out how to reset it.

Hard drive is easy. Buy a USB 2.5" SATA drive caddy online for like $5. Unscrew panel on laptop, remove hard drive, insert into caddy, plug caddy into your computer. Then format it so you can install a fresh OS.

Don't dig around for her pics. However jilted you might feel about the breakup, you're getting a legitimately nice laptop for free out of the deal. I call that even. Just wipe the drive.
>>
>>16996043
my ex
>>
>>16996035
y would someone even break up with someone like her? in my newfag opinion she's hot
>>
>>16996045
Good advice
OP listen to this.
>>
>>16996046
Fucking nice
Those are some God tier tits.
>>
>>16996035
>and she needed to get it back. Why she put them on a computer she hardly used, I don't know, but I told her I still had it and now she wants me to take the hard drive out and give it to her later today. She's afraid if she throws it out, some guys at the tech dump in Africa will find it and get her pics off there somehow, then she'll have tribes jerking off to her in the jungle, on their wifi hotspots. I think she's going to burn it or something. She said if I can delete them pictures, then I can have the computer, but the problem is I can't access it to delete it. I might have to give it to her when she comes here later tonight.
>>16996043
that's her
>I have to restart brb
>>
>>16996076
Tell her that you can delete the pictures but you need to get the caddy first. She can even come over and watch you wipe the drive once it arrives.

Honestly though it's not even a big deal. It is a fast HDD but SSDs are even faster. If you're willing to spend the $100 or so, oh man, this laptop will really be a beast.
>>
>>16996049
got caught with scratches down my back, then she did the same to try to get back at me. im not going back and forth fighting and cheating and still calling her my gf. if i never got caught it would be ok, fucked up and hypocritical but that's the way it is. she came over 3 times since and the last 2, we fucked both times. she said no at first but I said "it just feel right" and it worked somehow. we went right into the bedroom, she left afterward. i still want to bang her just not be around her all the time.
>>
>>16996045
is this the only way? there's no secret i don't know or something like that?
i googled it and tried everything i could find, that's why i cam e here maybe somebody knows a little trick. i odnt care about the pics i just figured a reward for helping me. i wasn't going to post the pics she wanted deleted. she doesn't care about her tits being seen though.
also, the hard drive is out. i can take it out and the same thing. it still asks for a password when hard drive is pulled and not connected
>>
File: IMG_017.jpg (52 KB, 497x325) Image search: [Google]
IMG_017.jpg
52 KB, 497x325
i put a mask on her with MS paint. everything i have now, she has her clothes on.
>>
>>16996109
It's not the only way; if you can get through the BIOS password then you can do the rest using the laptop itself. But that's a pain in the butt if the OS isn't something you're used to. Plus do you want all the crap and malware she downloaded when using the computer back in the day? It's like buying used stuff from a thrift store. The first thing you do is strip it down and wash it.

I know the computer is still asking for a password even without the drive. That's how a BIOS password works. BIOS is literally a small chip soldered onto the motherboard. There's sure to be some way to eventually reset that password but it tends to vary from one machine to the next. You'll have to spend a little free time looking it up. But as for the drive, since that's her particular concern, I think that wiping it outside of the machine is the easiest route. Plus you'll have some time waiting for the caddy to arrive which you can use toward solving the BIOS problem.
>>
>>16996119
can i get another bios chip and put it in there to replace it? i found another one same model on ebay for $9.99 for parts. so, the hard drive isnt the problem. i guess its just the bios.
>>
>anno domini 2016
>gaming on a laptop
>>
>>16996162
You'd have to replace the entire motherboard. Not fun. The password reset is probably much easier, like removing a small battery or just pulling out a jumper.

>the hard drive isnt the problem
The hard drive is a human problem, not a tech problem. If she comes by tonight and demands to take the thing, you're going to need a new drive (at which point I recommend an SSD). If she's willing to wait then you still need to format the drive since it could have an OS with which you aren't familiar. Plus you can't wipe a drive while the only OS on it is in use.

Look this is really easy. Go to Google right now and spend some time figuring out how to reset the BIOS. You might need to look up the model number of the laptop so that you can find the exact model of the motherboard, since that's specifically where the BIOS chip lives. Once you solve that question, the rest you can talk out with her tonight.
>>
I have no idea what this thread is about

Is Op going to post pics of that girl in his fist pic or whut?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.