[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 19, live with my parents, suffer from what's likely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: rain.jpg (182 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
rain.jpg
182 KB, 500x500
I'm 19, live with my parents, suffer from what's likely genetic anxiety, or PTSD. I don't want to talk about the PTSD. My symptoms have been on and off really badly this year, and I don't have a clue why.

I just got done crying, and I'm on that very thin line between getting temporarily better, and getting annihilated and being completely unable to function or even possibly feel happy for an undetermined amount of time.

I think the worst part is that I'm alone from 2am to 4pm. I work at 5pm, and I don't get home until around the time my parents are already long in bed. It's awful, I have nobody to talk to.

Anybody try medication? I had Sertraline(Zoloft), but it stopped working, and only gave me the longest period of anxiety/depression of my life.
>>
Build muscle, it will help even out your moods.
>>
>>16994623
>I had Sertraline(Zoloft), but it stopped working, and only gave me the longest period of anxiety/depression of my life.
I hope you talked to your psychiatrist about this instead of just going off the meds, there are many different medications to treat this and they can try different ones until something works.
>>
>>16994758

No, my PD tried putting me on 10mg of Paroxetine, and I said fuck that. Eventually, I did get better, but now it's back.

I'm mostly afraid that I'm not going to be able to stand being at work. Depression/anxiety makes time crawl something awful. If I go back, I'll just bs it and say it didn't work. Hopefully it doesn't get to that point. What meds have helped you handle the symptoms? I'm trying to exercise, but it couldn't stop it this time.
>>
>>16994758

Also, I quit the Zoloft, I didn't tell my PD.
I didn't quit cold, though, as I did the half-pill thing for a month.
>>
>>16994749
this physical activity is the best way to deal with these new age bullshit afflictions

take medication only as a last resort... once you get on them it's very difficult to get off them and they have adverse side effects.
>>
>>16994797
>new age bullshit afflictions
>anxiety and PTSD
do not take advice from this man
>>
>>16994797

Should I go for CBT? I'm autistic, maybe that's why I'm a bit leery and mistrusting of them, though. I'm pretty sure they've got their own "axe to grind". I went once before, but my symptoms had all but subsided by the time I stopped in for my appointment. I have no idea if their speeches will have any impact, and I fear they just want to keep me coming back for more so they can get paid.
>>
Terribly sorry if I'm being a bit difficult to follow here. I'm still a bit distraught, and very tired. Thank you all for at least responding to me. It takes the edge off of my feelings and keeps me distracted enough to at least enjoy your guys' company and my music.
>>
>>16994749
right because that's worked out so great for all those sociopaths in prison....fucking idiot
>>
>>16994946
>Eat food? No way! Criminals do that in prison

On second thought, just stay out of the gym. We don't want you in our way
>>
>>16994956

On the offhand that you're talking to me, I don't go to the gym, I just try to do a lot of running. Maybe that's not good for my anxiety?

Should I talk to my doctor about a benny prescription? I really need to be able to function at work, and I can't afford having to go home because of anxiety anymore. There's just too many people's days being good depending on how well I do my job.
>>
Seriously? Anxiety, PTSD, and Autism? I'm not buying it. Stop concentrating on your 'feelings' and made up disorders and instead concentrate on your work etc. guess what? Life isn't always fun. One doesn't always feel good. Deal with it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.