[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parent's Divorce
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
I need some advice guys, and I really don't know who to talk to it about. None of my friends can really relate.
It affected me way more than I thought it would. My Dad had previously said that the reason he got a divorce was because my mom never tried to understand him. Recently I found out the real reason
So for a whole year or so before they got a divorce, he had been taking long trips for "work" to their storage facility. A co-worker of his literally told me today that he had been seeing another woman and couldn't stand seeing my mother get hurt, so he told me.
I don't know what to do.
Should I tell my mom and let her get even more depressed?
Should I confront my Dad?
Or should I just stay out of it?

>Tl;dr
Parents got a divorce; Found out the reason was because he cheated on her; what do I do

Pic unrelated
>>
Your mother probably knows already.
>>
The cheating was a symptom, not the cause of their relationship problems.

Just remember that it's not your fault.
>>
>>16994543
not your business
no good ever comes from meddling
>>
Tell her later on in life
>>
File: workingstuffed-785x883.jpg (89 KB, 785x883) Image search: [Google]
workingstuffed-785x883.jpg
89 KB, 785x883
Furthermore, you cannot and should not have to fix anything about your parent's relationship.
>>
>>16994556
I wasn't trying to, and I hate that they both got me involved
>>
>>16994562
Then just let it slide
>>
My parents got divorced when I was like 13 or something, honestly I should have seen it coming. Wrecked me, etc.

Basically keep out of it. My mother kept dragging me into the middle of it all and it was ugly. Just let those two make their adult decisions and do their thing. It happens and it sucks but it's them ending their relationship and you sort of just have to adapt. Don't let the cheating thing ruin your view of your father. Don't get sucked into THEIR divorce. It will destroy you.
>>
>>16994543

It's likely that she already knows, but regardless, bringing this up will only resurface unhappy memories and emotional pain. There's no point.

If you're feeling disgusted or resentful towards your dad, talk to him about it.
>>
I wouldn't tell her Anon. I can't see any benefit.
>>
>>16994543
Stay out of it. They have enough problems without having to deal with your moral judgments.
>>
I think you should stay out of it, you don't know the full story and honestly its probably best that way.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.