[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy needs some advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (147 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147 KB, 640x1136
He disowned his adopted daughter because she is dating a black guy
>>
What kind of advice would he need? "Stop being a shithead"?
>>
Those are the type of people you cannot reach. It's better to just cut them out of your life.
>>
thank christ these people still exist and will exist forever
>>
>>16993553
so?
sounds like the rational thing to do.
>>
He's disowning his daughter because of 3 months of trouble? 3? months? Fucking fair weather friend.
>>
>>16993553
My advice would be to legally disown her, don't want to take any chances because 90% likelihood she'll wind up a single mother
>>
File: 1444644309994.png (724 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1444644309994.png
724 KB, 1366x768
>>16993553
why does he need to make it public though
>>
>>16993553 Maybe she should not date someone outside her race.
>>
>>16993598
This. Unless she did something like intentionally poison his dog, that's one hell of an overreaction to a few months of rebellion.
>>
>>16993553

Sounds like he doesn't need advice.

He seems comfortable with the decisions he made.

OP, do you need advice?
How to convince this guy to be less racist?
How to accept that some people just don't like other people?
How to accept that you can't go around thought policing people?

Look, I agree the guy is a jackass - to an extend. But unlike his, and probably your idea of the world OP, everything isn't just black and white. He did adopt a girl no one else wanted and raised her.

He isn't evil, no one is. He's just a racist.

And like anyone else, regardless of their skin colour, he is entitled to his own damned opinions.

If he's a racist, wash your hands of it. Take no part in it if that doesn't click with you. So long as he isn't actually hurting anyone, then so fuckin' what?

Just keep your distance and he'll keep his.
He didn't lynch the "race-traitor" for being "unpure" - he just washed his hands of it. Said it's none of his business because he knows he just don't get along with that.

Honestly, OP, maybe you could take a lesson from that.
>>
Sounds like he's a guy with a strong sense of family standards who is willing to enforce them
>>
>>16993612

Wow. So you're some sort of relativist? Or maybe you just like to be apologetic about obvious bullshit?

Just like anyone can be a racist, anyone else can call them (and you) out for their bullshit. There is no need for tolerance or to say "oh my you're not evil just misunderstood". Fuck that guy. How can you be so spineless as not to actually believe that you are right and others are wrong? In addition to that, your idea of "not hurting anyone" is laughably flimsy. It sounds like: "Shoplifting is a victimless crime, like punching someone in the dark."
>>
Fuck this faggot, what a fucking shithead and not for the racism.
>Waaaah call me what you want and don't bother saying mean things because I won't reply :(
>Better put my fucking controversial life on the internet for all to see.
Keep it yourself faggot.
>>
>>16993629

Hey, he's just keeping away from people he don't like...

You're the one that's essentially looking for a fight with him over ideals.

Sure, he's racist. But he's not being a fascist or dogmatic about it.

And I aint saying he's misunderstood. He's made himself perfectly clear "I don't her black boyfriend because he's black". I'm just sayin' that he isn't a soulless monster and that he and every fucker on the fucking planet is allowed to have his own opinions.

You're free to try changing his mind. But tryin' to force him to change his mind would be rather facist - and you're the one most uncomfortable with his decision so maybe you are the one who needs /adv/ice on how to cope.

>Fuck that guy

Believe it or not, I agree. But I also think he's entitled to his own damned opinion.

>How can you be so spineless as not to actually believe that you are right and others are wrong?
I don't. As I said before, nothin' is that black and white. Sure racism is wrong - but so is thought policing and trying to control how people think. I think everyone's wrong here.

>In addition to that, your idea of "not hurting anyone" is laughably flimsy. It sounds like: "Shoplifting is a victimless crime, like punching someone in the dark."

Really, who are his victims then? His daughter and her boyfriend? You mean the ones who knew perfectly well what he was like and essentially rubbed his face in it under his own roof?

'Cause that sounds like they baited him to me.
In that scenario, he could very well be a victim too.

And by casting them aside, maybe he's just protecting himself.

He isn't hurting anyone who didn't hurt him.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.