[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 1458270539283.jpg (22 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1458270539283.jpg
22 KB, 500x375
I have chronic depression and I've had fatigue for the past 6 months.

I went to a clinic and got bloodwork done.
My hope was that it was thyroid issues or diabetes, or a vitamin deficiency despite my carefully selected supplements.
It's none of the above.
This means it's all in my head.

I'm forced to basically get on antidepressants or live a life not worth living.
I'd rather die than take prozac or whatnot. For a few reasons.

My state is medical marijuana legal, not recreational.
I have no interest in weed other than to try anything to get rid of these problems, I've been offered it at parties and by supervisors at work, turned it down every time.

How could I convince my doctor to prescribe this? I don't want her to turn it down for thinking that I'm just interested in getting blazed because I'm a teenage shithead.

Tldr how do I convince a doctor to give me weed for medical purposes.

Pic related. We're with stupid.
>>
try not smoking nigger cabbage

love the pills m9
>>
>>16993484
Weed is a bandaid, antidepressants are/could be a permanent solution.
>>
Pills are considerably more effective than weed. For one thing, weed is a depressant.

Try the Prozac first, and if meds don't work (which they usually do -- they have clinically proven efficacy), there are other options.

I'm currently on Luvox (an SSRI) and getting my brain shocked twice a week.
>>
Meds aren't meant to be permanent, bro. They just give you more motivation to do therapy, which is where the real shit happens. You don't even need meds to treat depression.

Look up CBT and ACT. Those are the two main therapies. There's enough material on the net to do it yourself if you can't afford a psychologist.

Give it a shot.
>>
Meds make your body become dependent for them. Once you're out of them, you'll crash hard. They're not worth it.
Doctors give away rec cards for whatever fucking reason. Seriously. They're still getting paid. Since you are convinced you're depressed and could use medical cannabis, you only have to tell him the truth. There's no bullshit in that.
When I went to go get my rec, I told them I had constant headaches. He signed for my rec, told me to "not smoke in bed" jokingly.
The anxiety of being rejected will hinder any progress. Plus, telling the truth will always seem convincing if you believe it. You do believe you need it. You can convince someone of your genuine need for medical cannabis.
>>
>>16994695
I agree. That's why I don't want any part in it.

>>16994542
I've been through 3 therapists. The final one decided I didn't need therapy anymore.
My main plan would be to find a girlfriend to deal with my shit but that's kinda unfair and mean.

>>16994495
Weed highs wear off.
Prozac, if depended on, will nerf my IQ and intellect and take away everything I think is special about myself. Cloud my head, rob myself of my passion. I'd rather be dead really.
>>
>>16994695
And I did research. My glorious state decided "Ayy lmao not all conditions deserve this!"
So I need to have one of the following.
>HIV/AIDS
>Cancer
>Glaucoma
>Tourettes
>Seizures/Epilepsy
>Chronic pain
>Terminal illness

I think tourettes/seizures would be easiest to fake, if I was going to.

Is there a way to get reliably clean weed from less-than-legal sources? I would get off street vendors as long as I knew it wasn't laced.
>>
Check if there is any excessive black mould near where you sleep.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.