[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is intelligence /adv/? What makes you find someone is intelligent,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1457911893557.gif (3 MB, 460x418) Image search: [Google]
1457911893557.gif
3 MB, 460x418
What is intelligence /adv/? What makes you find someone is intelligent, for example?
>>
My normal reply is that intelligence is subjective and isn't easily defined.
But, to /seem/ intelligent is another story.

To seem intelligent, you should be articulate and confident in your words. Avoiding common logical fallacies would be a must. You'd need to be able to speak about political ideas without getting emotionally involved, and most intelligent people recognize the complexity of things and realize that there is no one answer to any social question.
>>
>>16993070
>>16993095

Also people who call themselves intelligent usually aren't
>>
>>16993129
How do you support that point of view? What makes you determine that someone isn't intelligent?
>>
>>16993129
I think many of them are indeed intelligent - they just also happen to be very arrogant.
>>
File: 1459703198740.gif (2 MB, 480x381) Image search: [Google]
1459703198740.gif
2 MB, 480x381
>>16993070
>What makes you find someone is intelligent, for example?

Look for people that are not Black
And you will find intelligent people.
>>
To make sure a person is intelligent, put a litmus test inside of their anus. a PH level of 12-14 indicates that the person is gifted
>>
File: butt_ugly_Martian.jpg (17 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
butt_ugly_Martian.jpg
17 KB, 210x240
Intelligence is pretty will defined as the 'G' factor and IQ and it consists of a plethora of qualities like visual spacial or verbal reasoning that largely overlap. IQ is surprisingly dependent on nature rather than nurture and it largely genetic
>>
>>16993070
Some people have defined intelligence as the recognition of patterns
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.