[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can psychedelics like DMT or LDS fix one's personality issues?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 47r0ux3.jpg (124 KB, 924x1111) Image search: [Google]
47r0ux3.jpg
124 KB, 924x1111
Can psychedelics like DMT or LDS fix one's personality issues? Being more precise, personality disorder.
I've been diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder, causing long lasting major depression with anxiety and mild paranoia symptoms. At that point I'm quite exhausted by those issues and printed negativity toward myself and others for the most part of my life. Already been hospitalized and went trough long therapy and it didn't change much, only tought some tricks to cope with that shit... which is quite deeply ingrained in me and always finds a way to come up.
>>
No.
>>
>>16992324
Fuck you.
>>
File: trip.png (728 KB, 500x657) Image search: [Google]
trip.png
728 KB, 500x657
>>16992278
Yes, they can.

I used to have severe social anxiety. I've tripped on acid ~15 times, and after every trip I get a mellow afterglow that makes me feel happy, simple and in control of the way I want to act, and the way I wan't to belong in the world.

I've gone from severely socially anxious to socially anxious. Never got completely cured, but the acid sure as hell helped. And it was so much fun to trip balls.
>>
>>16992369
>>
>>16992278
on their own? no
if you work with them? if you make an effort to understand what is happening, and why it is happening while under the influence? quite possibly
>>
>>16992278

If you are suffering from paranoia then psychedelics are probably the last thing you want to take. People who are right on the cusp of schizophrenia can develop it severely after taking LSD or shrooms.

Look at Syd Barrett. Google him. He lives in a psychiatric hospital now.

Don't say you haven't been warned.
>>
>>16992278
Maybe acid but I would lean towards shrooms more. They have been known to help with anxiety in low doses.

There were a few years in my life that I took shrooms in super low doses and it really changed me for the better. Not enough that I was tripping but I felt a buzz and things just seemed more doable. For the first time, my ADHD didn't distract me and I focused on life like a college kid on Adderall.
>>
File: 1393829925900.jpg (136 KB, 427x640) Image search: [Google]
1393829925900.jpg
136 KB, 427x640
>>16992278

>Can psychedelics like DMT or LDS fix one's personality issues?

lol. no. it can't cure your autism either. sorry.
>>
>>16992415
Syd died in like 2006
>>
>>16992456
Shouldn't 15 years olds browse /b/ or /v/ and fap to milfs looking like their mother? Or maybe you are just worried you still haven't get laid and seek some silver bullet tactical advice to finally get your pickle wet here.
>>
I used to be decently depressed, thought the world was a piece of shit, just all-around miserable. I started taking low doses of DXM and after a few times it started to change my outlook on life. I know DXM isn't psychedelic, but it really helped me and greatly improved my life. I'm actually happy now. I actually enjoy going outside, and I like people now. I'm still anxious and still have self-esteem issues, but I've gotten so much better. I'd say if you want to try them, go for it. Just make sure to do your research and be safe about whatever you try. Watch out for people passing off 25i as LSD, make sure you trust whoever's giving you the drugs
>>
>>16992369
You described the afterglow perfectly, especially the part about feeling in control.
>>
>>16992278
They won't fix it for you but they can help show you the way that you can fix it
>>
Ayahuasca is supposed to be very good at fixing your issues, but I've never tried it myself, just heard it from some friends of mine. Beware that drugs can actually worsen previous psychological problems, also.
>>
Has definitely treated my anxiety and depression a bit, that along with mdma (note:don't go overboard w this, VERY easy to do), lifting and gaining confidence from that, as well as testosterone and trenobolone. Has really helped. Oh and working w people in customer service helps a lot as far as social anxiety
>>
>>16992278
Psychedelics don't "cure" anything. Only you can cure your own mental problems. Psychedelics can be used as a powerful tool, yes, but they are not a fix all and can even make things worse.

Source: years of taking drugs, being around drug people and dealing with my own demons.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.