[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm bored. I'm feeling down. I feel like I wanna go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: quENHhY.jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
quENHhY.jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
I'm bored. I'm feeling down. I feel like I wanna go out and take a walk, but I really don't know what to do. I'd like to meet people, to meet girls, but there isn't really any event right now or anything. I'm 21 years old, and doing pretty badly in University. Don't really have any friends from there, my friends are from highschool and people I met in anime conventions and that kind of thing.

My group of friends is alright, but really closed. I don't feel like going out with any of them today. I want someone new, and I don't think I can ask anyone to go out now or something. I already dried out my pool of possible girls to ask out, in an awkward manner.

I don't even know what I'm writing, kinda rambling and I'm feeling anxious. I just feel like such a failure, no wonder I haven't had a girlfriend in years.

What the fuck should I do, instead of just spend all day in my room in PJs waiting to watch some videogame tournament final and masturbating in a deprecating way until then?
>>
>>16991534
Do something productive. Doesn't even have to be schoolwork. Go meet people like you say you want to. Start doing something creative that you enjoy, like making music, art, cooking, anything. Work out. Improving your health is never a bad idea.
Start learning a language or just some subject you were always curious about.
If you must meet new people then go out and do it. Go and see a random concert at a local venue. Go to a bar that looks populated and buy someone a drink. Chat with people and see what they're up to. What they're dealing with.

If you are talking to a potential date, don't think of them as a potential date. Just think of them as another person with their own aspirations and motives. Be interested in them and what they have to say, but still be devoted to yourself. Maybe flirt a little or make some jokes. Literally just have fun and don't stress over small details and things will come naturally.
>>
>>16991559
>If you must meet new people then go out and do it. Go and see a random concert at a local venue. Go to a bar that looks populated and buy someone a drink. Chat with people and see what they're up to. What they're dealing with.

I keep reading stuff like this but to me life doesn't seem to work that way. Like, I read this and I believe it's bullshit, don't take it as an offense. I'm pretty awkward, I can't just get into someone's conversation or table, I feel it's absurd.

I'm thinking of just taking a long walk. I want to start the "couch to 5k" running thingy, but I'm unfit as fuck and I think it'd be better to spend a few days walking a lot first, as the last time I tried the program I felt like I was going to die or something.

I'll pass around a zone of my city which is always populated with geeky people, I usually don't want to meddle with them because they tend to fall too far into the weeaboo spectrum and so on, but I might even talk to some of them, I don't know.
>>
>>16991590
>I keep reading stuff like this but to me life doesn't seem to work that way. Like, I read this and I believe it's bullshit, don't take it as an offense. I'm pretty awkward, I can't just get into someone's conversation or table, I feel it's absurd.
That sounds like it's more of a problem with you. When it comes to small talk, yeah people generally aren't that interested. But when you are actually getting to know someone, this is what it takes.
>I'm thinking of just taking a long walk. I want to start the "couch to 5k" running thingy, but I'm unfit as fuck and I think it'd be better to spend a few days walking a lot first, as the last time I tried the program I felt like I was going to die or something.
Not a bad idea at all.
>I'll pass around a zone of my city which is always populated with geeky people, I usually don't want to meddle with them because they tend to fall too far into the weeaboo spectrum and so on, but I might even talk to some of them, I don't know.
Not a bad idea either. I always have to contain my cringe when I'm "among fellow gamers" or weebs or something, but once you get passed that it can be nice.
>>
I find my self in the same predicament often. I was told to just do the things I want to do, because otherwise I would just make my self more anxious and depressed. It is pretty accurate. Just go for a walk, I'm not sure what's next, because I'm only at that stage.
>>
>>16991590
yeah just walk a lot, just do that first, at least your moving in some way, stop pausing life
>>
Whatever, just took a shower because I was smelling like shit, and got into some comfy clothes. Time to go out and walk I guess. Hopefully I don't get bored out of my mind.
>>
Welp, been walking for a bit, and now Im sitting in that park I mentioned. I saw a girl in a street that caught my eye with the way she was dressed. She had some kind of small fur tail dangling in her backpack. Thought about asking her what that is about, but I'd probably just freak her out, and she had headphones on.

Now she is in the same park, sitting under a tree. She has a phone and is texting, so probably waiting for someone. I feel like a fucking stalker
>>
>>16991893
Should I try to approach her or just head back home? I look like shit tho.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.