[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ I grew up without a male role model. How do I become
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: manhood-category.jpg (384 KB, 700x392) Image search: [Google]
manhood-category.jpg
384 KB, 700x392
Hey /adv/

I grew up without a male role model.

How do I become a man?

What are the things that my father was supposed to teach me?
>>
>>16991293
be strong, be assertive, be independent, follow your path. never put your happiness in somebody else's hands, don't lose your mind, be respected with the least amount of violence and respect others who deserve it. when you find yourself lost, just stop to think about what you really need and what you really want.
>>
Try to find role models in your surroundings now. It takes time and you really have to search well, but it´s doable.

Maybe ask family stories about the guys (if they were any good)
>>
>>16991293
How old are you anon? This advice will vary in mileage based on your age. I didn't have a stable male role model either (they all died), but this is what I could pick up from them along the way.

Don't put your tongue in a hooker's vagina (it's bad manners), and don't touch strippers- just let them do the touching of you and keep your hands off. Not only is doing either thing unsanitary, but it will get you kicked out of the brothel/strip club. Also, be careful, those sneaky succubi really know how to get as much money as possible out of you.

If you're buying a used car, make sure to look along the side. If you can notice slight dents in the metalwork, that may mean it's had panelbeating work done to cover up the fact it was in a crash. Be careful with buying used cars, a cheap shitheap can end up costing you more in repairs than just getting a new one.

Try and make yourself a well-rounded, self-sufficient man. Know a little bit about cooking, a little bit about survival, a little bit about house hardware jobs.

Keep well dressed if possible. Make sure you have a good-looking suit, and go to the tailor if necessary and if you can afford it to get one fitted for you.

When you're refueling a lawnmower or motorbike, the petrol canister of fuel might have a long funnel inside the lid. You can remove it from the lid, swap it around, and screw it onto the petrol can in order to reduce spillage.

If you're ever in a survival situation and need clean water, you can make a transpiration bag by wrapping a plastic bag around a branch. The heat of the sun will make the moisture rise up out of the leaves, and it will go to the top of the bag then drip down to the bottom. You can drink this. Or, if you have some way of boiling water, you can get river water.

Pick at least one sport and make sure you know the rules of it, and follow a team on the side. This will help you blend in with Manly Men

You become a Modern Man officially when you are self-reliant.
>>
>>16991293
>Completed puberty with a working pair of male reproductive organs

>Job

>Have had sex

>Vehicle

>Have left home

Once you fulfil all these things, congrats, you're a man.
>>
>>16991293
>How do I become a man?
You can't. This is not because of any inadequacy on your part, but because men aren't about "being" or "becoming".

If you want to play a man's role, it's actually fairly simple. The big thing is to define yourself by things that you DO, rather than things that you ARE. The details mostly follow pretty naturally from this.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.