[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do if you met the girl of your dreams but she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 850x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 850x314
What would you do if you met the girl of your dreams but she didn't want to have kids knowing you do?

This is a question I'm asking for personal reasons, not a poll. Thanks.
>>
Then she wasn't a girl of my dreams in the first place.
>>
Women who don't want kids are rare. Let her go so she can be another man's dream girl you selfish cunt
>>
How old is she? People's perception of that changes with time.
>>
>>16991250
Not OP but I'm so fucking tired of people assuming that everyone is going to want kids eventually
>>
>>16991262

Jesus what happened to you?

I'm 23, have no interests in having kids in the short term. When I'm 28/29? Yeah definitely.

I need to get my finances and career sorted out before I can even consider that.
>>
>>16991091
agreed with >>16991096

>>16991238
>Women who don't want kids are rare
Really? The impression i get from this and other boards is that they're much more common than those who do.
>>
>>16991338
You are also basing your opinions of people who view these boards and other types of boards..... Try a larger sample size
>>
>>16991262
It's not true all the time but it's not a baseless assumption either. You get the combined factors of seeing your peers settle down, which just makes it a more relevant topic to talk and think about, the change in lifestyle where most people at some point become tired of partying or whatever they were doing and want stability in life, and the hormonal factor especially for women. It is very common for people to do a 180, even if it's rather obnoxious to assume to someone's face that they'll be one of those.
>>
>>16991346
People in daily life don't generally chat with each other about their preferences on this
>>
>>16991369
What's your point?
>>
well, I don't want kids and if I meet someone who does I instantly dislike them a little.
>>
>>16991338
>talking to someone
>they find out I'm married
>"Oh, do you have kids?"
>No, we aren't having any.
>"Why not??"
>We don't want them.
>offended look followed by "You'll change your mind."
>>
>>16991555
whoops sorry, meant to reply to >>16991284
>>
>>16991555

Fair enough, the philosophy is that everyone caves in eventually. TO norm up or whatever.

>>16991284

I'm definitely for having kids but my goal isn't to go find someone, marry them and have kids.It is on the long term radar but not an objective for me in live.

If someone never wanted to have kids, I'd have to think about it for a while.
>>
>>16991749
I just wish more people would be like "oh okay" instead of immediately becoming offended and defensive, and stop trying to change my mind or belittle our opinions.

We could end up having kids in 10-20 years, it's just not in our plans at all. Assuming we will change our minds doesn't make us want kids more, it just pisses us off.

It comes down to being no one else's business but my spouse and I's. After all, we're the ones who'd have to raise them.
>>
She may change her mind
>>
This.
>>16991096

But.
If she had all aspects of a dream girl with the exception of not wanting to have kids - I'd probably compromise.
I'd still devote the rest of my life to convincing her otherwise. I'm pretty sure that misunderstanding would drive us both apart sooner or later.
Either that or she'd agree.

Heartbroken I'd just go my own way, looking for a non-dream girl that wants kids.
Sad but true.

tl;dr: It's a dealbreaker - we might enjoy several years of partnership but it's bound to end on a bad note.
>>
>>16991091

hang out with her, ditch her before it becoems too serious. when it feels like you should be moving in, hten its time to break up.

there is no perfect girl, she'd be a different person in ten years anyway. you are too young for kids right now if i had to guess, so it doesnt really matter.
>>
>>16991338
>The impression i get from this and other boards is that they're much more common than those who do.

You base your views on 4chan boards? Jesus, take everything here with a bag of salt.
>>
>>16991250
>>16991284
What if I'm an antinatalist?
>>
it also changes with age too. she may not want them while she is in her 20s but by 30+ her body clock is ticking and by 35+ there are more risks of birth defects.

yes there are ones who choose their carreer over kids, oprah winfrey and rachel ray are 2 examples.
did you ask her reason for her choice?
some girls just hate kids, or were raped at a young age so look at kids as a burden or a curse. so its not so cut n dry
>>
>>16991091
For what reason, does she say not like kids, or does she fear the whole birthing process, would she be happy to adopt or foster a child?
>>
>>16991091
I'm not sure, but if I were truly in love and thought the relationship should be the last I would ever have I would probably hang in there for a while and talk about it a lot. Either you decide she's worth changing your mind for, she changes her mind, or (statistically probably most likely) one or both of you figures out that this is not your last relationship and you go your separate ways.

I was pretty sure I did not want kids. My now-wife settled for that, because she loved me very deeply. As it turned out, I eventually changed my mind--I'm now a proud and happy father.
>>
One of the reasons I broke up with my ex was because she didn't want kids at all. In any capacity. Also because she cheated on me.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.