[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Becoming A Functioning Alchoholic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (259 KB, 640x609) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259 KB, 640x609
Hey, so long story short my health insurance is currently out and I have extreme anxiety due to not being able to afford my SSRIs.

I have to keep my job until I can find a better one, but my job requires me to socialize often and consistently with others and without my meds im having anxiety just thinking of going to work, and have had to step out due to panic attacks when I am at work.

My current solution is Alchohol. I seem to be rather sensitive to it, and a small amount is enough to tone down the anxiety and allow me to work. Not the ideal solution, but it's all I got right now.

So my question is what do I need to know about consuming Alchohol almost daily? So far I've realized that I'll need to consistently shower for the stench, take B vitamins, and brush my teeth well and chew gum to counteract the smell.

Is there anything else I should know?

And yes, I realize what I'm doing isn't exactly the best thing to do, but I have to take extreme measures in extreme situations, so please, no fucking lectures.
>>
Bump bump
>>
How much are you drinking a day? Have you experimented with different doses of it?
>>
>>16990479
I'm not sure how much I'm drinking a day exactly.

About 3/4 of a bottle of beer that's 6.5% is enough to get me relaxed, given enough time.
>>
>>16990367
didn't you make a thread about this a few days ago? or is it national "I'm sensitive to alcohol and I'm thinking of using it daily to cope with my life, give me advice" week?
>>
I am not a doctor, but you can buy the 5HTP supplement anywhere. It's the precursor to serotonin and melatonin. So while SSRI's prevent your serotonin from breaking down, 5HTP gives your body the building blocks to make more. One a day has helped me in stretches when I'm struggling.

I'd also recommend the Whil app for iPhone. It's meditation exercises, there's a free version with a bunch. They have them set in 5, 10, 15 minutes so you can choose how long.

Try taking care of yourself and practicing self kindness. I have anxiety issues too and I am also an alcoholic. One of the main reasons I quit was alcohol actually made my anxiety way worse.

Don't start using that as a crutch. It's not a road you want to go down.
>>
It gets progressively worse. I started something similar and got worse very quickly and just ended up with a drinking problem.
>>
>>16990367
>due to not being able to afford my SSRIs
And you can afford alcohol? Are you taking a brand-name SSRI instead of generic? How much does your prescription cost monthly?
And what about benzodiazepines?
These drugs aren't supposed to be all that expensive.
>>
You can't be a functioning alcoholic. It will catch up with you, and you will crash.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.