[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this look like something that needs medical attention?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Does this look like something that needs medical attention?

I have it at the back of both of my legs and it itches like satan's asshole sometimes.
>>
>>16990118
What the hell is it?
>>
Yep. Apply antihistamine cream in the meantime.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>16990120
I have no idea. Been there for like two weeks now. It itches.
>>
File: 1326-4.jpg (319 KB, 625x938) Image search: [Google]
1326-4.jpg
319 KB, 625x938
>>16990118
Internet doctor checking in:

I'm sorry to say anon.

It's cancer.
>>
>>16990123
It looks really bad. You should get it checked out.
>>
>>16990123
What have you been doing with that foot lately? It could be allergies, it could be cancer. It might just be poison ivy, have you been hiking lately fag?
>>
>>16990122
What is antihistamine?

Is it like have-to-go-see-a-doctor -serious?

Can I still scratch it?
>>
>>16990133
It's on both legs, and actually worse on the other leg but I got self-harm marks on that one so I'd rather not show it.

I haven't gotten my feet near any kinds of chemicals. I started a new job in february but these things only appeared in the last two weeks, could I be reacting badly to my work shoes? I do wear socks.
>>
>>16990118
ankle herpes, mother nature probably hates your guts so much its subtly going for the weak spot
>>
>>16990144
When did you start noticing it? When did you start that job? Are you wearing a new kind sock you haven't had before? It looks like an allergy but things can mimic that reaction. Also go to a regular doctor fuck tard.
>>
Op I thought that was your dick when I saw it in the catalogue.
>>
>>16990163
I started noticing it like a week or two ago, and I haven't been wearing any kind of new socks or putting anything new on my feet.

What do I say to a doctor? I'm not in pain and it doesn't prevent me from functioning, won't they get mad I'm wasting their time over something so frivolous?

>>16990167
I am impressed by the sheer size of your impression of my dick.
>>
>>16990184
Doctors are there for things like that, it won't waste their time.
>>
>>16990184
>won't they get mad I'm wasting their time over something so frivolous?
As long as they get paid, no. In any case, persistent rashes can be a sign of something serious. As others have said, it looks like an allergy, but you'll need a doctor to tell for sure. Two weeks is definitely about the time you should seriously consider making an appointment.
>>
>>16990203
But it's not like I'm coughing up blood or anything.
>>
>>16990216
Then see a dermatologist. Their entire job is skin conditions.
>>
>>16990123
>2 weeks
If it hasn't gotten better at all then DEFINITELY YES.

If it's been getting worse then ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID YES GO GET IT CHECKED.
>>
>>16990224
Are you sure they won't get mad about me annoying them with small stuff?
>>
>>16990230
No, that's their job
>>
>>16990230
No, this is a legitimate concern. Doctors have seen anything and everything. At least you're not going in with something stuck in your ass.

This is what doctors are there for.
>>
>>16990118
Do you bathe atleast once a day?
>>
>>16990118
I keep scrolling down and thinking this is a really ugly dick
>>
>>16990343
I take regular showers, I don't think this is a hygiene thing.
>>
Those bumps near your Achilles tendon are fucking curious, mate. You've definitely got inflammation and swelling, and that yellow discoloration is worrying. You need to get a Cortisone shot. In the meantime, get some hydrocortisone topical cream or any antihistamines from an over-the-counter pharmacy, to temporarily treat it. Don't be a cunt and try to tough it out, you wasted enough time as is.
>>
>>16990118

Get some undecylenic acid - it comes in a product called "Fungi-Nail" (25% undecylenic acid). Get the 1oz bottle with brush on applicator and just brush that on after every shower (and take a morning and evening shower). That stuff is used for nail fungus but works great on athlete's foot...and that is what your rash looks like. You should see results fairly quick. As in a week or two.

If I'm wrong about the athlete's foot, go to some clotrimazole ointment (jock itch ointment basically).
>>
>>16990230
You're paying them with your insurance either way, so annoyance is the last thing they consider
>>
Looks like a form of psoriasis. Get some meds.
>>
It hives aka Urticaria.
It will clear up in a few days.
If the itchiness is causing you discomfort, antihistamines can help.
If it's persistent see a doctor.
You are not going to die.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Nettle-rash/Pages/Introduction.aspx
>>
see a doctor, and he can prescribe you a specific ointment to treat it, or even better go through the process of diagnosing what the fuck is going on. take it from me, i was stubborn and suffered from a common allergic reaction that caused itchiness and swelling. i chose not to see the doctor for two years even though others insisted i should. i considered it minor causing no real damage. but finally a simple visit got me what i needed now i regret having to suffer that nuisance for two years. also if its an actual skin condition like eczema or psoriasis ignoring it or continued agitation, and can get severely worse- also from personal experience. shit fucking sucks just see a god damned doctor mate.
>>
If you aren't wearing new shoes, new socks, using a new detergent, walking where you might step in chemicals(such as treated lawns and stuff), or walking through plants, then it's probably just some minor fungal bullshit. Go to a doctor, get some pills or a cream or something, get it taken care of. If it's an allergy, remove the allergen or take allergy medication, if it's something else, then fix it, because it won't get better on it's own, but it might get worse.
>>
Jesus christ dude, go get this shit checked, FAST.

I'll have to hide this thread because everytime i see the thumbnail in the catalog it makes me cringe.
>>
>>16990980
I recently got new shoes, could that be it?
>>
>>16991005
I mean, it's possible, sure. Honestly, it looks a lot worse than what I'd expect to see if you were just having a rash or something, but, yeah, it's possible, sure. But you should really see a doctor. I'm not a medical professional, but I know I'd be concerned about having a long term issue on my fucking achilles tendon. That thing is under constant tension, and if it snaps, it rolls up inside your leg. Maybe don't fuck that up, yeah? See a doctor, the worst-case is that it turns out your new shoes are shit.
>>
>>16991017
They're my work shoes.

They can't fire me for getting medical issues from my shoes, can they?
>>
>>16991043
Basically every state in the US, they can let you go without a reason. You know what's a really good reason to fire you? You knowing that your work shoes are causing you health problems, risking making the company liable for some bullshit.

I'm not saying to go to your boss and tell them that your shoes might be an issue. Just go to a doctor, see what he has to say, tell him anything that's changed recently that might come in contact with anything that comes in contact with your feet(Seriously, one step removed like that. Cat has new medication and pisses in your boots? That counts.), and he can tell you if you should get new shoes or not.

If it's a fungal thing and not an allergy to your shoes, then there's no point in switching shoes, because you'll just start growing foot mushrooms in those too.
>>
OP, you keep trying to find excuses not to go to the doctor. Go to the fucking doctor. They deal with bullshit all day, they'll be downright delighted to deal with someone who has a legitimate medical issue, versus some helicopter parent demanding antibiotics to fight a cold or some shit. Don't go to the emergency room, just make an appointment as soon as possible. Maybe soak your feet in some salt water or something in the meanwhile.
>>
I read the whole thread. Opie I too thought the thumbnail was just a really thick penis.

Please go to doctor
>>
>>16991076
I'm not in the US.

what do you think my chances are in eastern europe?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.