[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Waxing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
So I have a hairy back and shoulders and I want to get rid of it, I heard waxing it off is the best way to get rid of it long term but I have a few questions about waxing.
>Is it considered unmanly to wax?
>How bad does it hurt?
>How many times would you normally have to go there to get rid of it over and over?
>Is it expensive? Or better yet how much is it normally?

Also any general waxing advice is appreciated
>>
I'd advise you to try waxing at home on your arms to see how you tolerate the pain, then if you're good to really look into your area on yelp/google to find the most reliable (clean, near, friendly) but most inexpensive. Overall it may not be as bad as $200. Also groupon it
>>
>>16990143
holy shit 200? I was gonna guess like 50, damn man thats alot. Also idk about waxing my arms at home I dont want to fuck it up and make it look bad, what I do want is to trim it down alot since i am very hairy
>>
>>16990115

>is it considered unmanly to wax

does it matter? i hate when people ask these stupid questions. groom yourself to whatever degree you deem necessary. it is a back after all you arent going to have guys lining up feeling it and saying 'ohhh do you wax anon? you're such a faggot, real men have back hair trolololol'

>how bad does it hurt

you know how sometimes ripping a bandaid or tape off your arm hurts. imagine that, but instead its your entire back, and its ALL the hair not just being tugged but being ripped out.

>is it expensive

idk, it kinda depends how much your hair grows back. expensivei s relative. its an expense. its hard to do on your own cuz its a back.

my advice? dont bother. its a back. it is already the least sexual part of the human body regardless of gender. its like worrying about your toes. sure it'd be BETTER a certain way, but it doesnt really matter. ur not the one getting fucked doggy style after all
>>
>>16990143
oops lost most of my post

>>16990115
>No it isn't unmanly, a lot of men wax
>Personally it doesn't hurt too bad, but everyone is different, it definitely isn't comfortable but it is fairly quick
>After about 3-6x you'll have longer results, so you'd have to go every 2-3 months
>It's very expensive OP, not sure how much it would be for back and shoulders but at least 200-300 probably - if you're getting quality.
But you may be able to find cheaper

I'd advise you to try waxing at home on your arms to see how you tolerate the pain, then if you're good to really look into your area on yelp/google to find the most reliable (clean, near, friendly) but most inexpensive. Overall it may not be as bad as $200. Also groupon it
>>
>>16990148

sounds like nair might be a better option for you
>>
>>16990148
>>16990148
Just try a small patch on your arm, it will grow back and it will show you how well you can tolerate it - or you can ask the waxist to do this for you to see how you tolerate it.
Honestly you may be able to find something for 50 for back and shoulders, but I'd say 100 is prob your cheapest.
>>
>>16990149
No but its just in the general public in summer time and I want to wear tank top shirts since i've been hitting the gym and I gotta show off the gains to the girls, so I am trying to look presentable
>>
>>16990185

id try nair then, but if you got good gains your back wont be an issue.
>>
>>16990191
I have sub-par gains, I started off fat so im going down into the gain pool instead of sprouting up from being a small guy so its taking a little bit longer for me to adjust to my new lifestyle and make healthier choices
>>
>>16990421

yes, but also nair.
>>
>>16990442
>>16990191
>>16990152
Alright, Alright, Alright i'll try this nair out
>>
>>16990421

also post pics
>>
>>16990450
Of what my gains? or what
>>
>>16990453

shirtless pic. dont bother if you wont post your face tho
>>
>>16990458
I really would since this thread has been so helpful but I am lazy, laying down, about to go to bed, and dont know where my phone is so yeah another time
>>
File: 1427848886368.jpg (33 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1427848886368.jpg
33 KB, 400x388
>>16990469

>i really would but i wont

such a thankless job
>>
>>16990474
Sorry anon
>>
File: 597521204.jpg (33 KB, 650x475) Image search: [Google]
597521204.jpg
33 KB, 650x475
>>16990503

no you're not

>tfw no musclefat bf
>>
>>16990115
just shave nerd
>>
>>16990115
I would recommend going to a reputable waxing salon to get it done. Some places let you choose if you want strip wax or hit wax. I personally think hot wax is less painful because the warmth opens up the pores so it's less painful.

Either way, waxing is still relatively painful, but it's a quick pain.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.