[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how do I know whether I'm not interesting or not attractive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 416x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 416x640
how do I know whether I'm not interesting or not attractive? I must be one or the other, but I doubt both.
>>
>>16989820

>do people take an interest in you based on your interests

you can tell by whether or not they actually talk to you about them. the concept of 'interesting' is a bit abstract. having in an interest in something interesting does not make oyu interesting after all.

[post a pic if you want to know if ur hot.
>>
>>16989833
I don't have real interests in things as in a I do or study them outside of work/school, just don't find much stuff interesting, probably depressed.

But I can carry a conversation and be funny. People tell me I'm funny all the time, but half the time i think they mean in a weird/crazy/clown way. I'm not "lol randum" but I am a little out there with my thoughts/process.

As for attractiveness, I grew up thinking I was attractive, even while not receiving basically any female attention (thought it was due to my shyness/standoffish nature) except for a handful of fat girls (I've always been pretty skinny). Now I figure in at about a 5-6, but like I said before, might be depression lowering my self-esteem.
>>
>>16989863

you dont have depression. if you are saying 'probably depressed' it implies you have no idea what happy or sad is. saying things like 'i might be depressed' or 'i think i have depression' is just pushing yourself into a hole you dont want to be in. you're a normal guy. if you feel your life lacks certain happinesses, then go pursue them.

that being said, interests =/= interesting, but the two are tied together in more subtle ways. what really makes someone interesting is some sort of charisma, the way they bring people in and make people interested.

its impossible to really measure so the question becomes 'are you itneresting enough?" do you long for more people to take an interest in you OP? if so why?

>attractiveness

post a pic and find out, throwing out arbitrary numbers that you rationalize to yourself and from people you know or even /soc/ doesnt do you any justice.

even on /soc/ people rate when they want to be rated. go to a thread filled with 5s and 6s and everyones saying you are an 8. 8 is the most commonly rated number on /soc/
>>
>>16989880
Well all my pictures look like crap. So I guess that's it.
>>
>>16989820
We don't know what you look like for starters. I know damn well pic unrelated (dude in the pics dead, sadly. RIP friend..) and we don't know a thing about you. My best advice here would be, post a selfie and tell us a bit about yourself and we could tell you if youre either of those things. For all we know you're both interesting and attractive and just having shitty luck.
>>
>>16990265
Well I have to be one or the other. I know I'm not intimidating (mentally or physically) so the only reason I could imagine that I don't get the kind of attention I see others getting (by girls, friends, etc).
>>
>>16990316
Nah. Youre totally wrong man. Plenty of attractive AND interesting men and women have dry streaks when it comes to attracting the opposite (or same) sex. Plenty of attractive and interesting men and women make it into their 20s with their Virginity intact as well, it doesn't have to be a one or the other thing. I've had a ~9 month period where I couldn't attract anyone. And I've had times where I had over 6 girls interested at once. Also been in a relationship and had girls try to get me to break up and date them instead. Also has to do with: right place, right person, right time. I do sense a certain degree of insecurity which could come off as desperation to some girls.
>>
>>16990332
Yeah I'm insecure af. No one has ever described, at least to me, me as desperate or insecure. I've heard cool, calm, asshole, strange/weird, standoffish.

I always thought that maybe people thought I was too secure when it wasn't warranted (i.e. not attractive enough) and they were turned off by their perceived disparity.
>>
>>16990413
Why would they say you're strange or weird? What about you is? Also, how you dress says a lot too... Even if 10/10s dress like slobs, they won't get much luck. And insecurities are harder to notice in guys,though the warning signs are not, perhaps some of the warning signs and issues associated with insecurity may not be in your favor.
>>
>>16990332
Still waters run deep, I guess. A lot of people I've talked to say things like "wow, I never thought of it that way" or "wow, why do you think about things like that/so much about/how do you even know that (in a positive way or a "you're fucking weird man" way, the latter mostly with attractive women).

I dress very averagely. Clean, but very average. Think mark zuckerberg, Steve jobs, etc.
>>
>>16989820
Make a list of your interests. Then sort it into sets: two interests that you've ever seen someone mistake for the same thing, or that could plausibly be mistaken for the same thing by a total outsider, belong in the same set. If you've written all your interests down and you have at least four sets, then you are not uninteresting.

Look in the mirror. If you do not have any obvious physical scars or deformities, then you are not unattractive (not to the point where women care, at any rate; looks matter to women, but they don't carry the same weight that they do with men).

There is another possibility. Figuring out what it is and how it works is an important part of solving the problem, which is why I cannot just tell you: it would only hurt your progress. I am sorry.

Though I will say this much: it is not the red pill.
>>
>>16991675
So my interests are what make me interesting?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.