[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long should you wait to text back a girl? I am constantly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_6682514776143.jpg (14 KB, 336x340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6682514776143.jpg
14 KB, 336x340
How long should you wait to text back a girl?

I am constantly having to "double text" because she practically never carries on a conversation. She herself has admitted she's a shitty texter, although who knows maybe she's just saying that.

One time I talked to her about it and asked if everything was cool, and she got kinda defensive and said that she doesn't have time to text "all day all the time" so I asked if we should quit texting, and I guess she misunderstood me and thought I was telling her that we were done, so she just said sorry it didn't work out and goodbye. Which was weird.

We're settled now but yet again, last night she just ended the conversation and hasn't texted back all day today. How long do i wait until I realize that she's not interested at all?
>>
Text back when you get around to it. Don't overthink it.
>>
>>16988923

Are you her boyfriend?
>>
>>16988941
No, we're talking and flirting right now. We've gone on one date and we're supposed to go on another one this Wednesday
>>
>>16988923
I take it you're inexperienced in dealing with girls.

General rule of thumb: If you have to text twice to get their attention, they aren't interested in you. You'll hear all the excuses, rationalizations and justifications under the sun about why they don't get back from them or people on this board. But the bottom line is this: If someone is interested in you, they will make time to text back.

Have more pride in yourself. Change your attitude. If a girl doesn't text you back, or shows no interest in advancing the conversation, drop her. You've got better things to do than waste your time chasing someone who isn't making any effort towards talking to you. That's the way you need to think. It will stop all this "oooo when should I text, is it too long" bullshit thoughts.
>>
You sound like a bitch, op
>>
File: 1688.jpg (44 KB, 720x640) Image search: [Google]
1688.jpg
44 KB, 720x640
Perhaps she does suck at texting. Maybe you're reading the relationship wrong. Maybe something is going on her life to pay attention to you. Maybe she's just in it for the attention.

People make time for others if they care.

If you have to do all the heavy lifting just to get a response, sad to say OP. It's time to move on.

It'll hurt. Trying not to plant that idea early on for you but every situation is different.

In my experience though, if I have to do all the work, it's not worth it. You want someone that genuinely cares to get to know you. Even if it's a simple "hope you're doing well" text.
>>
>>16988946

Well, there's good news, and bad news.

The bad news is that you fucked up, and it's time to find another person your interested in.

The good news is that is not entirely your fault.

She seems like those type of girls that are really self absorbed. The world moves at their pace, and when they say it does. Honestly, you dodged a bullet. If she can't bother with picking up a phone, and taking 30 seconds of her time to respond to someone she's "interested" in, than that should say something about the type of person she is.

Second, don't ever do this again. Don't ever "double text". It comes off clingy as fuck. Don't ever confront someone about it either. It makes you look really bad. If they don't respond, well shit, you tried. Trust me, someone that wants to talk, will respond.

Drop the wednesday date, and start looking elsewhere OP.
>>
>>16988949
This.
And it doesn't just apply to flirting, don't play that game with anyone.
44 years old here, used to fret about people not responding to me. Much happier since I learned to just say fuck it and stop pursuing one-sided conversations. Don't send follow up texts to try to engage someone, it's a waste of time and makes you look pathetic
>>
>>16988998
My issue is, two things:

1.) She's fucking beautiful like my first ever 10/10 that hasn't completely friendzoned me

2.) She's actually incredibly interesting and fun when she can be. And I'm not just saying that, she's actually a very interesting and engaging person. Its just a struggle to get her to text like that.
>>
>>16989053

Well, it looks like she friend zoned you after that little "confrontation" of yours.

Stop getting so caught up in her. Is it worth all the trouble just because she's a 10/10? No. She's not.
>>
>>16989072
No she acted the same way before that. And it was in no way a confrontation, I asked if everything was ok, I wasn't rude or pushy about it.
>>
>>16988923
I have the same issue but with a friend, she would just respond with omg or Jesus and I would feel like she didn't care about the conversations, found out she was talking with some guy and now they are in an LDR, trust me op girls are always on their phones, she found another guy. Saying she is a shitty texter is a horrible excuse, texting it like talking so unless she can't talk with conversations irl then she isn't being honest
>>
It sounds like the person you're talking to has no interest in you at all OP and on top of that you've already come across as pathetic. Stop wasting your time with her and find somebody else, there are plenty of women out there don't idolize and obsess over one which isn't even interested in you.
>>
>>16989076

Alright, listen.

You may think you didn't come off rude or pushy, but her response definitely tells another story.

She was being defensive. She basically told you off by saying "I can't text all day, all the time". And had no problem counting her loses, and saying goodbye, just like that.

I don't think you're understanding her responses OP. You're not reading between the lines.

Catch a clue already. She isn't interested anymore.
>>
>>16989053

Well, if she's such a interesting and engaging person, why is she not that with you? Why do you have to beat it out of her? because she's texting? Because she's a horrible texter? NO OP. She isn't interested.
>>
>>16989095
She does act different with me sometimes. I just always have to be the one to engage in conversation
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.