[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-04-02-11-45-36.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-02-11-45-36.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
So I'm talking to my ex again. She had recently broken up with her ex boyfriend. They have been fighting for quite some time. He is mad because they broke up because it wasn't working out. He misses her greatly and he lives in ny while my ex lives in ma. He has thoughts of suicide. He has contemplated this by saying "oh I hate work so much and all and when I'm driving I sometimes wanna just swerve over to the other side and kill myself " I suggested to my ex calling the police and getting him mental help. When my ex trues to tell him that he has emotional problems, he just gets mad and cries. He's 22 years old.
When she did, they didn't do anything. She doesn't wanna drive all the way to ny to help him

She doesn't want to leave him because she is worried that he might kill himself. And by leave I mean never talk to him again.

She really doesn't know what to do. She told his mom and she is completely oblivious and said "oh everything's fine. He just needs positive friends"

Also, he goes out drinking also every night to cope with the pain of it all. He has also hung out with his ex recently which pissed off my ex. But he was pissed that she was hanging out with me so it's double standards

I just wanna know what you guys would do if you were in her situation.

All they do is talk and he gets emotional and it's just a huge problem.

I'm kinda and kinda not the mediator.

What should she do?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459424418718.jpg (6 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459424418718.jpg
6 KB, 299x168
Not bait. Will provide screenshots if nessecary
>>
>>16988753
I've found in my experience that people use killing themselves as a plot for attention or to manipulate people to stay because the guilt of someone dying. Its best for her to cut contact completely, and every time he says he will kill himself she should forward said messages to the police. I've had this happen 2 previous times to me and I've learned that cutting is the best thing.
>>
She shouldn't do anything. If he wants an early grave, that's his decision and his fault, not hers.
>>
>>16988753
she already tried, dude. all she can do at this point is tell him he shouldn't, and move on.

maybe hook him up with some friends? idk. i mean, he already has another ex. he should be fine.
>>
>>16988984
>and I've learned that cutting is the best thing.
not really the best choice of words there
>>
I've seen this shit before, the ex is doing it to control her in a way so that she will feel bad for him in hopes that she dates him or at least keeps her company. Her best option is to leave him be but remind her that if he does try to harm himself then it was all on himself. Your gf has no fault in this...in other words her ex is a psychotic fucker.
>>
Why the fuck are you getting involved in this?

Get a new girlfriend and move on.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.