[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do I tell my gf I am rich?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: 2016-01-16-15-59-59-484563521.jpg (5 KB, 173x256) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-16-15-59-59-484563521.jpg
5 KB, 173x256
So I recently inherited $3,000,000 and my gf of six months has no clue. I am planning to quit my job and live off the interest while pursuing artistic stuff. When should I tell my girlfriend about my wealth?
>>
File: 1458262194583.jpg (17 KB, 260x384) Image search: [Google]
1458262194583.jpg
17 KB, 260x384
>>16988681
I don't believe you. What elaborate story are you going to tell me to convince me? And maybe, JUST MAYBE, I'll actually consider believing you.
>>
>>16988681
never, never ever never no!
>>
>>16988695
Why should you not believe him???
I swear to God
>>
What do you think would be gained by delaying in telling her?

If you are afraid of telling someone you are with that you suddenly have lots of money you shouldn't be with them.
>>
>>16988681
When she becomes your gf of two years then you tell her.

If you tell her earlier than that there's a very big chance that she'll become your wife and divorce you.
>>
Your wealth isn't her business.
Live your life comfortably and that is all.
>>
File: 65708497.jpg (66 KB, 311x311) Image search: [Google]
65708497.jpg
66 KB, 311x311
>>16988697
Because I hear too many of these bullshit stories. It's not like this guy is Willy Wonka in disguise and he'll decide to give me the chocolate factory because I gave him back his Everlasting Gobstopper. My point is, either I hear a story that might be believable, or this is just pure bait. You're welcome.
>>
>>16988712
people change when someone gets a lot of money, heck even a good paying job
>>
>>16988681
Supa bait
>>
Buy her a nice ass necklace or something, and then use that as a Segway to tell her.
>>
>>16988681
>Inherited $3,000,000
>live off the interest

Where do you live?
Is this in straight cash or in property value?
Check your local laws, if you're in the U.S. certain states charge up to 20% as an inheritance tax and if you're selling property you may be subject to capital gains taxes.

Also, atm the absolute MAXIMUM interest rate is about 1% so 1% of 3mil is 30k a month (assuming it's really 3mil, and isn't actually something like 2.4 mil after taxes and that you get 1% instead of like .5%), which will still be taxed as unearned income so that's more like an absolute MAXIMUM 26-27k.

So, if you do get the maximum, you could do it, but as a heads you wouldn't exactly live lavish if that's what you're thinking.
>>
>>16988724
This
>>
>>16988789
>3mil is 30k a month
oops
3mil is 30k a YEAR, not month.
>>
>>16988681

You don't.

If I ever become extremely wealthy, and if I ever get a lover I ain't telling him/her Jack shit about my financial status until years after. I live a very frugal lifestyle so I can get away from it.

Basically what I'm saying is don't tell her unless you can trust her 99%, if you want to tell her that is.
>>
>>16988789
>can't live lavish on 27k a month

Nigga
>>
>>16988681
she does not need to know unless you get married. people get weird when they find out you have money, trust me on that
>>
>>16988983
>>16988794
>oops
>3mil is 30k a YEAR, not month.

Use common sense. Banks don't give 10+% interest rates per year.
>>
>>16988681
You dont. thats none of her business as well as her job and financials is none of yours.
If she wants to know how you will live tell her that you have saved some aside.

Flaunting around cash makes the wrong type of people stick around, you tell her that now and youll never know if she stuck around with your artistic ass only because you were a guaranteed paycheck.
>>
You don't tell anybody.
Ever.
Not even your closest friend of 30 years.

People turn into fucking vultures when they find out somebody they know came into a shitload of money, and it's a great way to ruin friendships and relationships.
>>
>>16988743
It's not that uncommon really.
I'm poised to inherit around 1.2m when my dad passes because he's been running a very successful business the last decade, and even more if he decides to sell it off.
After inheritance taxes and all that it's more like 700k, or ~3.5m if he sells it off, but these sorts of situations aren't that rare.
>>
>>16988789
>the absolute MAXIMUM interest rate is about 1%
What?
My local credit union gives 2.95% interest of accounts holding more than 500,000. What shitty banks do you use?
>>
>>16988681
After you've been married for ten years
>>
>>16988743
are you forreal? people inherit money all the time, especially nowdays because people who are dying about now had a more favorable economy and super cheap college, houses also cost like one year's wage back then.

I'm going to inherit about half a million from my great-grandparents, and more from my grandfather and mother when they pass, as theyve handled their finances well.

a friend of mine inherited 7mil and is going to inherit more when his grandparents die- about a billion (they are majority shareholders in 2 fortune-500 companies and have numerous investments/properties)
>>
>>16988681
>my gf of six months
you ditch the gf right fucking now
>>
turn it into a text.
shes gonna be asking "how are you earning any money"
and going on about "Art doesnt pay how come you can pay rent"

And you look her straight in the eye and you tell her that you are gay for pay, and you specialize in inter racial gangbangs. And I tell you if that girl sticks around with you anyway, then shes a keeper.
>>
>>16988681
six months isnt even enough to live together, ive had six month relationships where they hadnt met any of my family, and you think you are going to tell this rando that you got 3 mil in the bank? The fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>16989032 (not OP)
I would do the same. I don't want friends like that. Telling them would sure help weed out the aholes.
>>
OP, just a word of advice... Open a Roth IRA and start funneling money into that. The cap is 5,500/year. 3 million isn't a lot unless you let it grow, but if you do, then it could turn into enough to retire on. See a financial investor, one who would not profit from your financial gain and wouldn't get commission.
>>
>>16988681
tell 6 months b4 you want rid of half of it
>>
>>16988681
>>16989064
this

heres how you tell her:

say you have been involved in the mob
present a briefcase of about $1,000 in ones
give it to her with a one way ticket to Argentina
tell her she has to go there and assume a new identity or else her family is in danger
promise that youll keep in touch with her and wire her money until things cool off
never contact her again

finally, post results for keks
>>
>>16988789

>30k a month
>not lavish
>>
>>16989032
I actually have a friend that is in a similar situation.

You're not wrong about how people turn into vultures. I'm one of his few friends that gives no shits about his obnoxious (seriously, it's nuts) amount of money. We normally sit in his garage, drink whiskey and laugh at dumb stuff. He confided in me about the whole 'people changing' thing, and I told him to be careful but also it's not worth it to be constantly vigilant. That's a lot of effort and anxiety.

It's kind of like in love... is it worth it to never be hurt, but to be alone? I'd rather be vulnerable... maybe get fucked over a bit, but not miss out on anything either.
>>
Yeah I'm in a similar situation myself. Probably inherit about a million after taxes from my dad whose on his last legs.

My wife's family all know about it and some of them make comments on how 'we don't have to worry about money because anon will just inherit the cash'. Mind you we make decent money now but it will definitely help. Can't imagine what they say behind our back lol. Haven't even got the money yet and people (family) are turning into cunts
>>
>>16988789
>property value?

>property value

not the more appropriate general term 'assets'

stopped reading there, trash advice anon
>>
>>16989380
kek and youre probably going to keep them around cause 'family is family bro' too huh? cucklord
>>
>>16989380

MOney and Families is such a terrible thing.

I really wish people just weren't cunts about that sort of shit. I feel like this is a N.A thing.
>>
>>16989490
Deep down they are just envious so I don't really care desu
>>
>>16989536
theyre telling you to your face that they claim your shit.
>>
>>16988681
Don't. She'll expect more out of you and emotionally pressure you to spend more money on her. It won't make her love you more but it will allow her to use sex to leverage more money out of you instead of the opposite.
>>
Tell her you got a raise or a better job but don't tell her shit because she will want to marry you adapter and then divorce your ass...marriages suck so much for guys.
>>
>>16989556
>implying their opinion matters
>getting upset when a family member hurts my feels

Go back to your room, kiddo. I make 2x their combined income alone I don't need to act like a sperglord at family functions to feel better about myself
>>
>>16988681
Never. Never. Never tell her or anyone else. No one. Never.

It can only end badly. Just make up a side business and pretend to be doing okay enough to get by on it.
>>
Dont tell her anything. Secretly live off the money while occasionally spoiling yourself. If not, invet the money and double it in the next 10 years.
>>
>>16989620
cutting off someone toxic isnt sperglording though
>>
>>16989064
I don't know man. I would be more likely to trust someone that already liked me before I had money.
>>
>>16989930
Relax bro. Probably just stupid people that he only sees on holidays anyway.
>>
>>16988681
>I am planning to quit my job and live off the interest while pursuing artistic stuff.
NO!!! It will be gone before you know it, and then you won't even have to tell your gf.
3 million is barely enough to retire off of at age 50.
It takes 1 million total to raise a kid through high school, currently.

>When should I tell my girlfriend about my wealth?
After the prenup.
>>
>>16989930
She's now the only one you CAN trust. Keep at it, but keep it a secret for a bit.
>>
>>16988681

>posted a JUST image
>heard about Brendan
>have to ask about this

u retarded m8?
>>
File: 1459611081778.jpg (95 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1459611081778.jpg
95 KB, 460x628
>>16988681
Yes, marry her without a prenuptial while youre at it. Buy her lots and lots of $20k diamond rings here and there so she can look at them and go WOW THATS FUCKING COOL I GUESS

Wish you luck on your new fortune, OP
>>
>>16988681
when she says yes to marriage nerd
>>
>>16988681
I'd say $3M is too little to life off the interest, through it could be enough to "eat through" during a lifetime.

My gfs have usually had some idea of my financial status since it didn't come out of a clear blue sky in my case.

t. net worth of £8M and working hard
>>
File: Lie On Internet.jpg (74 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
Lie On Internet.jpg
74 KB, 475x356
>>16990962
>3 million
>Too little to live off the interest
>Would be making 255,000 yearly if he made the yearly stock market average
>Net worth of £8M
>>
You fucking don't breh, not until at the very least a few years in. 6 months is fucking nothing, for all you know she could be planning on leaving you or sucking another dudes dick at this very moment, wait until you're 100% sure you can trust her and want to be w her for a long time. Shit Im 3 years in w my gf and idk if I'd even tell her if this happened to me. If I did, I really wouldn't spend like any money at all on her, or if I did it'd be very little, like the same amount I would have anyways before this happened. And then if I ever married her definitely obviously would get a fucking prenup. But definitely 100% don't fucking tell a girl you've only been seeing for 6 months breh, the second you do she's gonna want to stay w you regardless of if she actually likes being w you or is satisfied w you as a person. like my gf was literally w me when I was homeless, jobless, an extremely sad broke fuck, my life was in the fucking gutter supported me, helped me, and said she stuck w me through it all because she genuinely enjoyed spending time together and cared about me, now I'm doing quite well for myself, not rich, but definitely living very comfortably and can afford everything I need and then some bonus stuff, and that's the only reason I'd ever even consider telling her if something like that happened, because I know she'd be w me regardless
>>
1. Why the fuck would you tell anyone except family, let alone a random new girl? It's not to your advantage. You have the upper hand, don't give it away for free.

2. $3 million is a great START. Will it be enough to buy a great house, a car, support a family and kids and enjoy life to the full? No way. It would be enough for 1 person only for a mediocre yet comfortable middle class existence.

People like you are why fortunes and families die. You stupid lazy piece of shit fuck.

Get working you fucking cunt. With this money you have no excuses not to perform. You haven't done shit. You inherited some money.

You yourself have accomplished nothing. Where's your fucking ambition? Fucking poofter.
>>
>>16988789
You're pulling bullshit out of your ass. The average annual stock return (LR) is 6%

That is plenty to get by on.
>>
>>16988681
This is the correct answer: >>16988724
Also, you're going to have to tell her at the same time that you can't ever get married now, since the law's completely insane. That's just how it is, unless you somehow think the pussy you're getting for free already's worth a million and a half.
>>
>>16991041
no one needs to live in a huge house and dress in designer clothing to be happy you spoiled fucking retard, do you really think everyone needs to fill for their lack of personality with money like you? LMAO
>>
>>16991058
This.
I N D E X
F
U
N
D
>>
>16988681
Never fucking ever.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.