[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shitty diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: be myself.jpg (63 KB, 450x562) Image search: [Google]
be myself.jpg
63 KB, 450x562
I drink lots of water and cola every day. Cola comes cheap and are the equivalent of a cigarette- meaning it staves off hunger.

I'm hungry. A lot. Underweight, we don't get much food. The cola is amazingly cheap (~40 cents for 2 litres that lasts 1-2 days)

Diet mainly consists of carbs. Bread, rice, spaghetti. Our family is piss poor.
I am not gaining weight either. We have generally one meal a day, and the rest I occasionally just go down to make toast. We do occasionally include other things (meat, veg) in the meals. But most of the time it's usually nothing besides rice + salt.

Just HOW bad is this diet. It's been like this for a good year or two now. I want to know any potential side effects this may have on my psychologically so I can fucking convince myself to stop.
>>
Obesity, severe bone damage, gastrointestinal diseases that could lead to surgery, liver and kidney failures, blood pressure issues that could lead to heart diseases.

Being poor isn't quite an excuse, veggies, water and fruits are cheap. You can always exercise for free aswell.
>>
File: 1449038148291.jpg (372 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1449038148291.jpg
372 KB, 854x859
>>16988439
I'm not obese- really underweight. Like a fucking skeleton.
>>
It is actually not too bad a diet in and of itself. Psychologically, eating bland food that's prepared the same day after day will kill you. Maslow's hierachy of needs puts physiological needs at the base of the pyramid - that includes food. We derive joy from food and call those who cannot derive joy from food people with eating disorders.

You won't die of scurvy any time soon, however a mostly-carb diet is inefficient (you need a lot to satisfy hunger, it 'goes down' quickly) and possibly costly financially.

I recommend that you start finding ways to supplement greens in your diet with dandelions, cat's ears and other foraged greens, sprouting beans bought in bulk (soybean and chickpea sprouts are particularly easy).

Look into hunting permits or what is acceptable to hunt in your area (rabbits, squirrels, so on and so forth).
>>
>>16988447
I am aware you said you are underweight. I also know that this diet could also lead to obesity, no matter how speedy is your metabolism.
>>
>>16988439
>veggies, water and fruits are cheap
This is assuming OP doesn't give a shit what he has in terms of veggies or water or fruits are and just chow down for the sake of having "fruit and veggies".

Apples and iceberg lettuce are cheap, but they are sugar bombs with very little nutritional benefit. Municipal tap water is cheap, I hope OP doesn't live in a certain American town!
>>
>>16988453
I've lost weight ever since it's been like this.
>>
>>16988452
>Look into hunting permits or what is acceptable to hunt in your area (rabbits, squirrels, so on and so forth).
I live in England
City
>>
>>16988461
Great, doesn't change the fact your diet could still lead to obesity. Is this denial or what?
Also, skinny != healthy.
>>
>>16988467
>Also, skinny != healthy
That's my point
I'm not saying skinny is healthy- what the fuck does it mean if I'm losing weight but still have this bad of a diet (which by your presumptions, should be making me fat)
>>
The first thing you want to do is read the /fit/ sticky and begin making the healthiest diet you can make on the budget you have. Even if you're poor you should be able to afford healthy foods.

Do you want to know how little you're eating? Start tracking your calories with a calorie calculator. Try the one in the /fit/ sticky or myfitnesspal.

Right now you're young so it seems like you can manage to do this. But from somebody in their late 20s let me tell you this stuff really does catchup to you. I really REALLY wish I never ate junkfood or anything unhealthy in my entire life now. The stuff was never good for me and now i'm paying for it now.

Just start eating really healthy now and get yourself into a smart exercise routine now.
>>
>>16988483
>Just start eating really healthy now and get yourself into a smart exercise routine now.
Time constraints + too lazy + no energy + lots of unexpected changes happening about once a week in our home + money is constantly a nightmare among my parents

Also, simply for exercise, I don't have sets of clothes/ equipment/ open room to exercise really. I don't like going outside to exercise- anxiety and weather. We wash clothes very irregularly- sometimes I have to wear the same set of clothes for a week before we scrounge up enough to send someone to the laundromat

Once I'm independent I'll be capable of managing myself (I'm not choosing to eat this way)

It's just that I want to know if this is the reason why I feel sluggish, depressed, and tired all the time. Like- brain fog.
>>
>>16988431
your diet is pretty cancerous, but if you wanna gain weight you can take creatnine for water weight or eat more fatty foods or carbs.
>>
>>16988504
Try getting a job.
>>
>>16988513
Currently studying (england, college)
Tried applying to a lot of places for part-time, never heard back from any of them.
>>
>>16988431
It's not very good mate. You can still suffer from, or indeed die of malnutrition even when you're eating, if you're not getting enoough variation in your diet.

>>16988465
>I live in England
>City
Well, your luck's come in here. Get your arse down to the nearest food bank, pronto. They're run by charities rather than funded by the government so they all have different rules - one might only help people on benefits, one might help anyone but not more than three times a year, one might only help people from cartain areas, whatever. Regardless of what rules they have though, I'm sure for the first visit at least if you turn up there telling them you're hungry and have nothing to eat and no money they'll help you out with something. Just google the name of your city + food bank, they're pretty common these days so you should get a pile of different results.

Speaking of cities, if you're in/near/can get to Oxford, I'm going to the big Tesco next door to the mini factory tomorrow morning. If you can get yourself there I'll shout you 150 quids worth of food.
>>
>>16988539
Yeah, we've gotten permission to get food from the food bank a few times. It's not remarkably amazing- usually just more of the same. (Dried foods, lots of carbs)

I don't live near there, sorry. I wouldn't want to inconvenience you anyway- I'm just here mostly to wallow. A temporary uplift would feel more bad than good.
>>
>>16988457
Pls refrain from making nutritional claims when you clearly have zero knowledge of the subject
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.